Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 05:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not everyone is in college, your reply is meaningless, and completely ignores the fact that the cost of college raised faster, which isnt the discussion. The other poster argued that incomes didnt rise, they clearly did

LIE.. They CONTINUE to fall, even though we are told daily from you left wing kooks that the economy is better than its been in a decade. Do you not understand how ridiculous your reply is? You want to run around on one thread celebrating the recovering economy and then suggest that incomes arent climbing because of a terrible economy.

You cant have both..

The video discussed income starting in 1980's. Last time I went to school the 1980's came after 1970, but maybe you went to one of those "special" schools...
Sigh. you really dont get it? I even spell it out for you, the word stagnate does not rquire incomes to fall, just staying fairly flat (20% rise in 40 years vs a 100% rise in 20 for example)

And YES the economy is doing great!.....If you are part of the 1%. Which is a terrible economy for the 99%.

Calling people left wing kooks, and implying that people who disagree with you went to special schools is personal attacks that are uncalled for.

The overall economy is doing better, the economy of the median person is kinda sucking. Theres a difference between the two that you do not seem capable of understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 05:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then show us some proof to back up what you claim.
I already posted graphs showing incomes rose..

Tax revenues climbed continuously after Bush cut taxes in 2003, which makes me wonder how the fk people can be posting on a political forum and not know this basic information..

2003 -- $1.78 trillion
2004 -- $1.88 trillion
2005 -- $2.15 trillion
2006 -- $2.40 trillion
2007 -- $2.56 trillion

Old 11-02-2014, 05:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
I'm not even watching the video trying to explain how something is supposed to work when first common sense indicates that it wont, and graphs proving that its not.

The part you left wing kooks completely ignore is you cant have trickle up economics without FIRST taking money from someone else. The whole trickle up theories completely ignore that the person you just took the money from, would have had it and SPENT it.

You cant ignore spending from the person you just took money from and proclaim that taking it from them to give to someone else increases spending because IT DOESNT.. It just changes who the fk spent it, not how much gets spent..

yeah, tell me that isnt what she was going to say because I know she was.. she like all of the other left wing kooks push out the notion that the poor spend their money so lets give them more, while ignoring that those you just took it from would have spent it as well..
Apparently the cut to SNAP is cutting into Walmart's profits.

Wal-Mart Feels Snap of U.S. Food Stamp Decline - Businessweek

Old 11-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. you really dont get it? I even spell it out for you, the word stagnate does not rquire incomes to fall, just staying fairly flat (20% rise in 40 years vs a 100% rise in 20 for example)
But they ARE FALLING.. I never said it was a requirement, I simply showed that ITS TAKING PLACE.
Quote:
And YES the economy is doing great!.....If you are part of the 1%. Which is a terrible economy for the 99%.

Calling people left wing kooks, and implying that people who disagree with you went to special schools is personal attacks that are uncalled for.
I've been telling people from DAY ONE, that Obamas policies were going to help out only the rich at the others expenses, and you guys all told me I was crazy..
Quote:
How on gods earth can the economy be improving if people are having a drop in income? You cant spend more if you make left..
Quote:
The overall economy is doing better, the economy of the median person is kinda sucking. Theres a difference between the two that you do not seem capable of understanding.
People cant spend more if they have less to spend..

Old 11-02-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I already posted graphs showing incomes rose..

Tax revenues climbed continuously after Bush cut taxes in 2003, which makes me wonder how the fk people can be posting on a political forum and not know this basic information..

2003 -- $1.78 trillion
2004 -- $1.88 trillion
2005 -- $2.15 trillion
2006 -- $2.40 trillion
2007 -- $2.56 trillion
Yes, Bush spent our money faster than a drunken sailor.

However: Tax Revenue Rockets Up, Helping Lessen the Deficit, Treasury Department Says

Old 11-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Dont care.. Is big business now a big concern of yours?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:

What can I do to help? The last thing I want to see is the Walton's on the street corner with a homeless sign begging for money. It's crowded enough on that corner.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, Bush spent our money faster than a drunken sailor.

However: Tax Revenue Rockets Up, Helping Lessen the Deficit, Treasury Department Says
So you admit tax revenues went up.. So why do you stand here and argue they didnt?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
How on gods earth can the economy be improving if people are having a drop in income? You cant spend more if you make left..

People cant spend more if they have less to spend..
Sigh. a economy is a entire group. Lets say 100 people, and their total income goes from 200 units to 300 units. AWESOME right?

The economy as a whole is doing great.

Now lets say the reality is that 99 folks went from making 2 units, to making 1 unit, and the 100th guy went from 2 units to 201 units. For the median and even the majority of people things are sucking bad....but for that one guy lifes awesome.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Dont care.. Is big business now a big concern of yours?
No but this is clearly an example of trickle up economics.

http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2...-stamp-decline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies