Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:44 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if the republicans interfer with what is already there, and don't do anything about the more serious issues in this country, I'm done voting, b/c then it proves it is not only a game, but those against gay rights paid them off....sick

I don't care what anyone's sexual preference is, that is none of my business....what I do care about is do something to bring jobs back to this country....
do something quick about illegals
do something about our debt
strengthen our military
and wipe out all crazy law suits in court....those looking to get rich quick
and severe punishment for breaking the law
child sexual molesters and cop killers get the death sentence.

this country has to turn around but quick, if it doesn't we're doomed.
So you want the government to do a bunch of stuff that fit your particular agenda, including strengthen our military, and do something about our debt? Where do you think all of that money is currently going?

I have a feeling tax increases aren't included in you list things to do about our debt.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So you want the government to do a bunch of stuff that fit your particular agenda, including strengthen our military, and do something about our debt? Where do you think all of that money is currently going?

I have a feeling tax increases aren't included in you list things to do about our debt.

gay rights is a choice, and this is a free country, last time I looked, therefore, it is, what it is....besides, gays have always been around and will continue to be around.

Abortions...have always been around and will always be around, regardless....even if women, have to chance their lives and get coat hanger abortions....and it's a woman's right, and no one else's business, just like with the gays....so those efforts are futile....

there are, though more important issues at hand....

and if you want the government to do more, then what I've listed here, then your welcome to add to the list....

Old 11-04-2014, 03:20 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
The next two years will be like the last two years. Even with the senate, the Republicans will do nothing to upset the status quo. The are too afraid of alienating moderates and independents whom they will need if they ever hope to retake the White House in 2016. They will talk a big game, draft legislature that they know won't pass, but it will all be political theater. Their focus is on 2016, not in governing in the here and now.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:11 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is no such thing as gay rights. You get your rights at birth as an individual. Belonging to a group doesn't give you more or less rights.
Until very recently gay people had less rights than other people.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Simple. Republicans are deeply opposed to the advancement of gay rights in this country. They have loudly criticized the recent Supreme Court rulings. Will a majority Republican Congress attempt to roll back the progress that gay rights have made in this country?
No. When Bush ruled with the Republicans, they had a chance to try to advance an amendment to the constitution to define marriage between on man and one woman. But it never got out of congress.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:10 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Who really cares. There are bigger things that need to fixed than some gay issue. Gays are their own demise, as they have nothing to provide to the world existence biologically.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
No, hopefully Republicans restore common sense and restore the natural ways of "doing marriage" in this country. And that doesn't include man-man or woman-woman. It's hardly progress to allow people of the same sex to marry.

Why should your lifestyle choice entitle you to certain "rights?" If you're talking about the right to marry, gays have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex, just like everyone else. What rights are being denied?
Would you marry a lesbian so she could get married your way?

Old 11-04-2014, 06:22 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And in your termination notice, it explicitly said "because you're gay?" I doubt it.

That's a marriage issue, not a medical coverage issue. Your spouse is more than capable of getting medical on his own and wouldn't be denied.

I understand how the federal government does the DOMA thing. Never argued it. That doesn't have anything to do with wrongful termination where an employer says "you're gay, so you gotta go" nor does it have anything to do with denial of medical coverage and housing, unless the only way you feel a person can get these things is via marriage, which is not true even a little.
My spouse is a vet, if I was an opposite sex spouse, I would be covered under his VA medical, but they have explicitly denied me coverage due to us being same sex spouses and DOMA, got it all in a letter from the VA and it is a medical issue since I am being denied medical coverage because my spouse is a vet of the same sex, either way I am being denied coverage under his medical because we are gay.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:29 PM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
My spouse is a vet, if I was an opposite sex spouse, I would be covered under his VA medical, but they have explicitly denied me coverage due to us being same sex spouses and DOMA, got it all in a letter from the VA and it is a medical issue since I am being denied medical coverage because my spouse is a vet of the same sex, either way I am being denied coverage under his medical because we are gay.
Then get your own insurance? When straight people can't insured through their spouse, that's what they do.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:32 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Who really cares. There are bigger things that need to fixed than some gay issue. Gays are their own demise, as they have nothing to provide to the world existence biologically.
Really, we are our own demise, how funny, do you know where we come from? From you straight people, my parents were straight, not gay. As long as you straights keep having babies, there will always be gay people. Who cares what one contributes biologically to this world, there are already 7.33 billion people and growing by 168,000 people every day, more than 68 million more people each year, I do not think there is any worry about the world population. And just so you know, there are many gays and lesbians that have children biologically. You need to study some more on biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies