Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 05:23 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hot Pockets sales are down due to food stamp cut backs. Walmart, which gets about 4 percent of its revenue from food stamps, also reports that SNAP reductions have hurt their business.

Walmart has a net reduction in sales due to SNAP cutbacks. Does this mean that needy people aren't eating as much since their food budget was cut?

Behind the Hot Pockets Slump, Nestlé Battles Every Food Trend - Businessweek

Hopefully they found cheaper places to shop; I find Winco and Grocery Outlet generally cheaper than Walmart. But I don't go to Winco the first ten days of the month because it is overcrowded with food stamp recipients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 05:28 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Hopefully they found cheaper places to shop; I find Wiinco and Grocery Outlet generally cheaper than Walmart.
Walmart is basically a mall for poor people. They aren't the cheapest, but they have the largest selection and variety of goods. A person can go to WMT and get oil, food, tv's, clothing, and furniture in one trip.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
I hope all the cuts will hit the crooks only ,not the weakest portion of the population (elderly, sick, single parents, children and babies )

I hope that these cuts will also hit the congressmen perks and free bees.
They should privatize their medical coverage instead of using our tax-dollars and even think, about a part-time congressmen instead of fulltime.
That will save a lot money and help create new jobs.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
I'm looking forward to the other shoe dropping. Processed and junk food are very profitable for Agribusiness so if sales drop a number of good paying by US standards jobs will disappear with the slumping business profits. Now wouldn't it be really funny if these newly layed-off Americans found that they couldn't qualify for SNAP benefits because of budget cuts or they lived in a state that doesn't want to pay its share for this program. Like one of these heartland or southern states that relies on the Food processing industry!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hot Pockets sales are down due to food stamp cut backs.
Good, because I'm not morally or ethically obligated to buy Hot Pockets for other people.

If Welfare Pukes can't afford Hot Pockets, then they'll have to give up their beer or gambling money or something.

Cutting...

Mircea

Old 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Good, because I'm not morally or ethically obligated to buy Hot Pockets for other people.

If Welfare Pukes can't afford Hot Pockets, then they'll have to give up their beer or gambling money or something.

Cutting...

Mircea

Once upon a time I received $25/mo in food stamps while renting a room in a ten-person house. I did not have any beer or gambling money. What should I have given up?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Hot Pockets is a food item at WalMart?

I thought that was Bill Clinton's pet name for Monica Lewinsky....

Old 11-02-2014, 08:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Cutting...

Mircea

Exactly, and if Walmart loses sales because of less food stamps, too bad. I'm not obligated to cover their shortage either.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Once upon a time I received $25/mo in food stamps while renting a room in a ten-person house. I did not have any beer or gambling money. What should I have given up?
20 years later you're still whining you cant make enough money, who's fault is that?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:19 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:

Your lack of self-esteem which has prevented you from moving past flipping burgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies