Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

LOL!

If anyone thinks anything will change......

I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. dirt cheap.

Both parties are run by money. Nothing else matters. Not you. Not me.
End the Fed and you will change the way corporate america rules you, with the feds too big to fail attitude.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Biden states that he and the White House (Obama) are ready to compromise if the republicans take the Senate. Can you believe this guy?

I am sure that Jefferson Davis was "willing to compromise" with Lincoln after Appamatox as well.

"elections have consequences...." now who said that?

Old 11-03-2014, 06:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Biden states that he and the White House (Obama) are ready to compromise if the republicans take the Senate. Can you believe this guy?

I am sure that Jefferson Davis was "willing to compromise" with Lincoln after Appamatox as well.
LOL I can see why you didn't add the quote. Your claim is horribly misleading.

He said he believes if GOP wins, they will quit the obstruction game and try to get things done, and if that happens the WH is willing to make compromises.

Quote:
“[G]oing into 2016, the Republicans have to make a decision whether they’re in control or not in control,” the vice president told Gloria Borger. “Are they going to begin to allow things to happen? Or are they going to continue to be obstructionists? And I think they’re going to choose to get things done.”

Biden said Republicans will be particularly inclined to make legislative progress due to increasing public frustration with gridlock in Washington and he added that the White House stands ready to find common ground with the congressional GOP.

“[L]ook, we’re — we’re ready to compromise,” Biden said.
Whether or not either side would do that is another story.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-03-2014 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-03-2014, 06:53 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!

If anyone thinks anything will change......

I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. dirt cheap.

Both parties are run by money. Nothing else matters. Not you. Not me.
End the Fed and you will change the way corporate america rules you, with the feds too big to fail attitude.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson
unfortunately I believe you are right.....

Old 11-03-2014, 06:55 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
all these cats be at the steakhouse together grubbing on expensive dinners and laughing at stupid americans who vote for them and fight over em on the internets.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
all these cats be at the steakhouse together grubbing on expensive dinners and laughing at stupid americans who vote for them and fight over em on the internets.
Yes, indeed.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:01 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
What's really scary is if there is a tie vote, Biden gets to cast the deciding vote.
And then there is this:

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), led by its hard hitting and verbose chairwoman, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, has hundreds of attorneys on retainer in order to fight the results of Tuesday's elections if things don't go their way,

"These verbal tactics are beginning to become shopworn and bring to mind the words attributed to the father of Communism, Karl Marx: 'Accuse other of what you do.'
Wasserman-Schultz, DNC hire army of lawyers to challenge election results - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Old 11-03-2014, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Guess where they get the money to pay for that?

Old 11-03-2014, 07:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The thought of Reid no longer running the Senate is enough to make me happy.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
LOL I can see why you didn't add the quote. Your claim is horribly misleading.

He said he believes if GOP wins, they will quit the obstruction game and try to get things done, and if that happens the WH is willing to make compromises too.
Yea...that's what he said...because you try to put it in your own words that said the exact same things....

Quote:
and if that happens the WH is willing to make compromises too.
Not sure what the diffrence is in what you stated and joe stated...

Quote:
Biden now "ready to compromise" if republicans take the senate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies