Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 03:30 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Um, the topic is about fear mongering on the right.
GREAT...then maybe you can show us some examples of this quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Compared to the constant fear mongering of the right, what the left does is child's play.
I have asked a few times to show this, yet everyone else has failed to even respond. Maybe you can support you fellow's claim...

And in case you feel the need to ask, "What Question, or what is the Question"....I'll ask you in a very plain matter...

What fear mongering has the right done to make the lefts fear mongering seem like child's play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:31 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I probably know more about Voter ID than you do. But again, you're patronizing. Let me assure you that saying a vote against Voter ID is a vote against minorities is assuming that minorities are unable to obtain Voter ID. You know who is more likely to not have the documents at hand to get Voter ID? Poor whites. But the Democrats wanted to make it about black people? Why? Why would they automatically assume minorities would be the ones impacted? Is it because of their long held beliefs that black people are poor, do not have the documents, or is just pandering?

As to welfare. Again, somehow welfare has become equated with a minority issue to the Democrats. That's flipping insulting. I've never been poor, my family is not poor and <gasp>, we're minorities. Ever heard of soft bigotry? That's the bread and butter of the Democrats and frankly, I would choose to support a party who does not think the color of my skin is an automatic reflection of my income and wealth.

The truth of the matter is that the GOP has more respect for all Americans, no matter the color of their skin, because they believe a person's work ethic, personal choices, and willingness to get ahead are the things that make a person, not the color of their skin. The Democrats offend me.
CD won't let me rep you again so...

Old 11-03-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:

You've clearly never read anything about voter ID if you think the difficulties of getting an ID for poor and minority citizens is due to "competence". And if you think welfare is "patronizing" you just need to read more books or something, I don't know what to tell you.
Whoopssssssssssssssssssssssssss...............

Forgot this one.....You do realize that obama completely 95% disagrees with you, right....

Old 11-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I probably know more about Voter ID than you do. But again, you're patronizing. Let me assure you that saying a vote against Voter ID is a vote against minorities is assuming that minorities are unable to obtain Voter ID. You know who is more likely to not have the documents at hand to get Voter ID? Poor whites. But the Democrats wanted to make it about black people? Why? Why would they automatically assume minorities would be the ones impacted? Is it because of their long held beliefs that black people are poor, do not have the documents, or is just pandering?

As to welfare. Again, somehow welfare has become equated with a minority issue to the Democrats. That's flipping insulting. I've never been poor, my family is not poor and <gasp>, we're minorities. Ever heard of soft bigotry? That's the bread and butter of the Democrats and frankly, I would choose to support a party who does not think the color of my skin is an automatic reflection of my income and wealth.

The truth of the matter is that the GOP has more respect for all Americans, no matter the color of their skin, because they believe a person's work ethic, personal choices, and willingness to get ahead are the things that make a person, not the color of their skin. The Democrats offend me.

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMM!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 03:38 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,598,792 times
Quote:

I have heard of "soft bigotry", a dumb term that Republicans use to project their own racism onto others and deflect criticism. The truth of the matter is that the poor are disproportionately minority. I don't know if you are really a privileged minority or just pretending for internet debating purposes; if you really are a minority, look around at a random gathering of your same-class fellows and note how many of them are white. I'm guessing more than half, hence the utility of attacking poors as a proxy for attacking minorities. Have you ever heard of the Poll Tax? If you have, don't act like racists making it harder for poor people to vote is some sort of novelty invention of liberals for rhetorical purposes.

In any case, "voter ID disenfranchises poors, not minorities" isn't really a defense.

And LOL if you think the Republicans are a party that doesn't equate race and status. Turn on FOX News for fifteen minutes and have your mind blown, I guess. (Or look up that clip of O'Reilly talking about being in a restaurant and seeing a black family not act like a pack of feral animals, with the bewilderment of someone who spotted a dodo bird in the wild instead of, y'know, a completely unsurprising event.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Wow, breathtaking arrogance to lecture a self proclaimed minority about brushing up on minority citizens and voting.
What response do you propose to a self-proclaimed minority who admits to knowing absolutely nothing about the topic being discussed?

Old 11-03-2014, 03:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
I have heard of "soft bigotry", a dumb term that Republicans use to project their own racism onto others and deflect criticism. The truth of the matter is that the poor are disproportionately minority. I don't know if you are really a privileged minority or just pretending for internet debating purposes; if you really are a minority, look around at a random gathering of your same-class fellows and note how many of them are white. I'm guessing more than half, hence the utility of attacking poors as a proxy for attacking minorities. Have you ever heard of the Poll Tax? If you have, don't act like racists making it harder for poor people to vote is some sort of novelty invention of liberals for rhetorical purposes.

In any case, "voter ID disenfranchises poors, not minorities" isn't really a defense.

And LOL if you think the Republicans are a party that doesn't equate race and status. Turn on FOX News for fifteen minutes and have your mind blown, I guess.
Interesting how you tell me what it's like to be a minority. What color is the sky in your world?

I do look around and I see my black Senator, one who I strongly support being called an Uncle Tom by the Democrats. I see Democrats telling me that voting for Republicans is voting against my interests because I am a minority while assuming my interests are increasing welfare and reducing free speech. My interests, which have almost nothing to do with my race, are the policies that affect my business, the taxes that I pay, and the control of lack thereof of my local government where my voice has more power and is better heard than that at the Federal level. The GOP is party that understands my interests are greater than my race. Only the Democrats are the ones assuming that because of my race, I am going to automatically have the same interests as everyone else of my race. Do you think all white people think alike? You must because you obviously support the Democrats that think all black people think alike.

I am not saying Voter ID disenfranchises anyone. My point, which you clearly missed, is that the Democrats assumed it was all about race when statistics show it is not. So which is it? Why would they think such a thing of blacks? I know the answer but I think you would deny it as the propaganda of the left has bought you hook, line, and sinker.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:

And LOL if you think the Republicans are a party that doesn't equate race and status. Turn on FOX News for fifteen minutes and have your mind blown, I guess. (Or look up that clip of O'Reilly talking about being in a restaurant and seeing a black family not act like a pack of feral animals, with the bewilderment of someone who spotted a dodo bird in the wild instead of, y'know, a completely unsurprising event.)

What response do you propose to a self-proclaimed minority who admits to knowing absolutely nothing about the topic being discussed?
I am assuming Southbel might just possibly know more about minority issues that you do?

Old 11-03-2014, 03:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I am assuming Southbel might just possibly know more about minority issues that you do?
To be fair, I cannot speak for every minority. That's kind of my point. We're not all alike.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:52 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,598,792 times
Quote:
Interesting how you tell me what it's like to be a minority. What color is the sky in your world?

I do look around and I see my black Senator, one who I strongly support being called an Uncle Tom by the Democrats. I see Democrats telling me that voting for Republicans is voting against my interests because I am a minority while assuming my interests are increasing welfare and reducing free speech. My interests, which have almost nothing to do with my race, are the policies that affect my business, the taxes that I pay, and the control of lack thereof of my local government where my voice has more power and is better heard than that at the Federal level. The GOP is party that understands my interests are greater than my race. Only the Democrats are the ones assuming that because of my race, I am going to automatically have the same interests as everyone else of my race. Do you think all white people think alike? You must because you obviously support the Democrats that think all black people think alike.

I am not saying Voter ID disenfranchises anyone. My point, which you clearly missed, is that the Democrats assumed it was all about race when statistics show it is not. So which is it? Why would they think such a thing of blacks? I know the answer but I think you would deny it as the propaganda of the left has bought you hook, line, and sinker.
You obviously don't have interests the same as other blacks, since you're supporting class oppression by the GOP. I don't have any argument with that line of thinking.

I've already demonstrated that the GOP pushes Voter ID because they think it hits Democratic voters harder than their own. You can argue all you want over who is the real racists or whatever, but the real point is that the GOP wants Voter ID because they want to win elections, not concerns over voter fraud. Decide for yourself if the GOP hates poors because they're mostly black, or hates blacks because they're mostly poor.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't have interests the same as other blacks, since you're supporting class oppression by the GOP. I don't have any argument with that line of thinking.

I've already demonstrated that the GOP pushes Voter ID because they think it hits Democratic voters harder than their own. You can argue all you want over who is the real racists or whatever, but the real point is that the GOP wants Voter ID because they want to win elections, not concerns over voter fraud. Decide for yourself if the GOP hates poors because they're mostly black, or hates blacks because they're mostly poor.
Wow, just wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies