Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:36 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So is this a list if you were king? Thankfully a president doesn't have the power to do all of these things, it requires a collection of elected officials working together to get things like these done. And my guess is the outcome isn't what you would want.

Really...what did Obama say "Ive got a pen and I've a phone"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 01:53 PM

186 posts, read 158,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
#20 make it a requirement of all who seek public office to have once served in a branch of the military. We have too many career lawyer politicians that haved lost touch.
Couldn't agree more!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 01:59 PM

351 posts, read 320,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
#20 make it a requirement of all who seek public office to have once served in a branch of the military. We have too many career lawyer politicians that haved lost touch.
Like George W Bush?? Or Jimmy Carter?? Or Richard Nixon??

Old 11-03-2014, 02:03 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I know scary thought, but I couldn't do any worse than Obama..
Quote:
2. Cut back on the military budget---get out of europe
Republicans will never do it because they get too much campaign money from weapons corporations.
Romney wants to increase defense spending by $2 trillion. But what will he use it for? - The Washington Post

Quote:
3. Reduce cooperate taxes.
Large US corporations have an average effective tax rate of 12.6% (one of the lowest rates in the world.)
GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

Quote:
5. Cut back on EPA's budget and regulations
Without the EPA businesses could pour any poisonous substance down the sewer drain or in an empty lot. Our canals, rivers, drinking water, and wildlife would have dangerous chemicals in them. (Note: The corporate backed Fox news/Rush radio hate the EPA because they regulate and fine large corporations.)

Quote:
10. open restricted federal lands and offshore drilling to further oil exploration
Under Obama the US leads the world in oil production (we don't need to destroy federal land to get oil, we have enough oil flowing.)
Under Obama, U.S. leads the world in oil and gas production

Quote:
16. Do Away with the IRS initiate a flat tax
The Flat Tax raises taxes on the poor and middle class, and lowers taxes for the rich.
Secret of the Flat Tax: Middle Class Pays More So Rich Pay Less - US News

Quote:
17. End subsidiaries to green energy.
I would assume you believe democrats are responsible for the above, but republicans hand out (much) more federal subsidies than democrats.

RealClearMarkets - Do Crony Handouts Have a Stranglehold On the GOP?

Quote:
19. Make America the #1 priority!!!
I agree but unfortunately we have republicans fighting to lower corporate tax rates, abolish the EPA, and lower rich peoples tax rates (they have made large corporations and rich people the #1 priority.)

Last edited by chad3; 11-03-2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-03-2014, 02:44 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,351,820 times
Ill answer this question from a completely different angle. I would never be president in the first place. I won't even vote. People don't realize that "implementing policies" means "I'm going to decide what's best for everyone and violently impose it on them." I don't have the right to point a gun at you and force you to follow my opinion on what's best for everyone, which is what anyone is doing when they vote or run for office.

I don't accept that anyone owns me, and I don't desire to own anyone. As my friend IRSPOW always ends his posts...live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies