Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

I am so so so sick and tired of candidates running for office making the statement, they will create jobs....
Of course they can in the summer, take credit but construction work is always off in the winter months....along with a whole lot of other outside work.

Candidates cannot create jobs unless they do something to bring the big corporations back....or stimulate mom and pop organizations to once again flourish here in America....but, they cannot create jobs....

And anyone who believes that, please explain to me how they do create jobs.

And if you get off topic, that's fine, b/c I want to hear everything you have to say about politicians....

Go ahead, ramble your head off about what you want to see Washington do....

What I don't want to see in this thread are dems pointing fingers at repubs or visa versa....

But tell me what issues are important to you and why in this election....and why you feel these candidates can create jobs or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 12:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
I think the government can sure stand in the way of jobs.

IMO.....businesses will create jobs......the government needs to get out of the way.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think the government can sure stand in the way of jobs.

IMO.....businesses will create jobs......the government needs to get out of the way.
Let's see...government can stand in the way of creating jobs. Businesses will create jobs. Government needs to get out of the way

Wow...just a fountain of well worn platitudes.

And yet, you're a business owner () that is seemingly doing so well...ready to hire anyone that's willing to work hard (something you've said several times).

But yet, you complain in half the threads that government is in the way of business creating jobs. Either that, or you're agreeing with someone about how Obama is killing jobs...Yet you're supposedly doing so well and creating jobs for hard working people.

So what's it gonna be? Is big, obstructionist government hurting business or not? Make up your mind.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:41 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
There is a candidate here who says he's not interested in trying to woo big business here. What he wants to do is work to make all the small businesses throughout the state so successful they need to hire one additional person.

That makes a lot more sense to me than big promises that can't be fulfilled. Job creation does not need to be a huge undertaking; creating the conditions that favor a small business can do more, as there are the same small businesses everywhere in most occupations, each serving and competing in it's own locality. These folks, and the people they'll hire, aren't going to close up and move out nearly as quickly as the big outfits do these days.

And they don't ask for huge giveaways and handouts as lures to move in, either. All they need are some very small advantages, just enough to require one more person's help in their business.

Hiring one more guy in a small town in a company that has 10 employees already is a big deal. That's 1/10th of the total workforce. A 10% increase in productivity is huge for any business.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's see...government can stand in the way of creating jobs. Businesses will create jobs. Government needs to get out of the way

And yet, you're a business owner () that is seemingly doing so well...ready to hire anyone that's willing to work hard (something you've said several times).

But yet, you complain in half the threads that government is in the way of business creating jobs. Either that, or you're agreeing with someone about how Obama is killing jobs...Yet you're supposedly doing so well and creating jobs for hard working people.

So what's it gonna be? Is big, obstructionist government hurting business or not? Make up your mind.
My business growth was under Bush as POTUS.

It grew to the point of 99% of any competitors going out of business......one way or, the other.

So....yes.....we take the jobs we want.

I have enough money.

In answer to your question.....I see the business climate as a whole.....not just me.

I believe people need full time jobs.......that is not the direction we are heading right now.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:11 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
Adding government jobs never helps the economy as a whole. It only hurts the private sector, which is most people, by creating a heavier burden on them. The only way the government can pay employees is through taxes, inflation, or borrowing it.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My business growth was under Bush as POTUS.

It grew to the point of 99% of any competitors going out of business......one way or, the other.

Are you saying that 99% of your competitors went out of business when Bush was president?

Old 11-03-2014, 02:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
When you reduce the cost of doing business in the US, it will result in more jobs.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:24 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am so so so sick and tired of candidates running for office making the statement, they will create jobs....
Of course they can in the summer, take credit but construction work is always off in the winter months....along with a whole lot of other outside work.

Candidates cannot create jobs unless they do something to bring the big corporations back....or stimulate mom and pop organizations to once again flourish here in America....but, they cannot create jobs....

And anyone who believes that, please explain to me how they do create jobs.

And if you get off topic, that's fine, b/c I want to hear everything you have to say about politicians....

Go ahead, ramble your head off about what you want to see Washington do....

What I don't want to see in this thread are dems pointing fingers at repubs or visa versa....

But tell me what issues are important to you and why in this election....and why you feel these candidates can create jobs or not.
"but construction work is always off in the winter months....along with a whole lot of other outside work.'

Only if you live way up north.

I lived in Md and my construction worker friends worked all year long.

The landscapers would do trimming, leaf removal etc. Others did road plowing and parking lots snow removal.

If you are entrepreneurial, you can usually find work.

"Candidates cannot create jobs unless they do something to bring the big corporations back"

Another leftie myth.

The U.S is No.2 in the world in manufacturing. THAT, is a LOT of jobs.

"and why you feel these candidates can create jobs or not.'

Politicians CAN create a pro business atmosphere with the laws they make and change that can have the affect where business will grow and need more employee. IMO, THAT is what they mean.

I don't think anyone with common sense takes them literally. Do you?

Old 11-03-2014, 02:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Jim Cramer, big-time Democrat who understands something about business (rare, I know) says over-the-top regulation is stifling the economy. Labor, healthcare, minimum wage, environment, Dodd-Frank...the hits just keep on coming.

The vast majority loves the progress we've made on the environment over the past few decades. But do we have to kill millions more jobs to take it farther?

Some people need help affording healthcare. But do we have to beat it out of employers?

Companies prefer to choose where and how to do business on their own, but the Obama administration slammed South Carolina and Boeing, intervening where they should not have.

Dodd-Frank is slaughtering community banks--they will be extinct soon--and small business credit is getting choked as a result.

The rule of law is key to capital investment, yet the Obama administration stripped Chrysler creditors and GM bondholders of their rights in order to unjustly enrich UAW members.

Obama has come down again and again on the side of mandates and against the market-based principles that have produced greater prosperity for greater numbers of people than any other country or system in the history of the world.

Yes, big obstructionist government is hurting business. And maybe, just maybe, a country sick to death of the great Obama Stagnation will send a message on November 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies