Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
you have no room to call anyone a hater with your assertion that Dems would vote for Hitler if he was on the Dem ticket.

They vote for the D. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The point was that they simply vote for the D or against the R, the names are irrelevant. See the OP.
Well your example was poor, I could easily say the same thing about Republican voters that only vote Republican no matter what.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:21 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well your example was poor, I could easily say the same thing about Republican voters that only vote Republican no matter what.
Yes but the liberals will continue to vote for those with the D after their name no matter how bad their policies affect this state. They NEVER learn!

Old 11-03-2014, 09:22 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
If Hitler came back from the dead he could win here as long as he was on the ballot as Hitler(D). I'm pretty sure the liberal religious haters would elect Jesus(D) as well as GWB(D). On the other hand, Hillary Clinton(R) wouldn't get a single vote.
You seem to be greatly misinformed or hopelessly partisan. Since 1967 "4" of "7" California governors have been Republicans... Jerry Brown replaced a Republican governor son...

Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Yes but the liberals will continue to vote for those with the D after their name no matter how bad their policies affect this state. They NEVER learn!
Yep, and conservatives will continue to vote for those with the R after their name no matter how bad their policies affect a state, so what is your point? If you don't like how Democrats are running the state you live in, you could always move to a Republican run state. No one is stopping you.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:28 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You seem to be greatly misinformed or hopelessly partisan. Since 1967 "4" of "7" California governors have been Republicans... Jerry Brown replaced a Republican governor son...

Arnol(D). He fooled them all.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Yep, and conservatives will continue to vote for those with the R after their name no matter how bad their policies affect a state, so what is your point? If you don't like how Democrats are running the state you live in, you could always move to a Republican run state. No one is stopping you.
Why darlin', I have shouted from the rooftops around here that as of seven months and one week I will be voting with my feet and moving out of one of the most beautiful spots in California just to flee the craptastic hellhole that is this state. Btw, I doubt that too many states can boast of the soaring intellect that govern this state such as Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Watters. Two women who are only serving because someone put a D behind their name on a ballot.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
His example wasn't only poor it was inaccurate. The governorship of California has a tendency to swing back and forth. many Ds have ran for that office but only a small number have won.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Arnol(D). He fooled them all.
When Republicans don't like their "guy" anymore they tend to try and distance themselves from them. But it doesn't work that way and you know it... Arnold was your man in California before he was elected. Republicans had visions of another Reagan. Surprise surprise...

Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Why darlin', I have shouted from the rooftops around here that as of seven months and one week I will be voting with my feet and moving out of one of the most beautiful spots in California just to flee the craptastic hellhole that is this state. Btw, I doubt that too many states can boast of the soaring intellect that govern this state such as Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Watters. Two women who are only serving because someone put a D behind their name on a ballot.
Pelosi would only lose her position in the primary due to the district she represents. Boehner is no different, he represents a district that is so red that he will only lose his position if someone challenges him in the primary or he retires. Neither politician solely represents their state, just the heavily leaning district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies