Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 04:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The problem in my opinion is Democrats are too apologetic. They overestimate the intelligence of the American people. They continue to apologize for improving the lives of Americans.

Style is more important than substance. Republican candidates have a brand; they promote an image. Freedom loving, bible thumping, gun slinging, pure-bred Americans. That appeals to many people in this country. Appeal is more important than policy.

The reality (that no one will admit) is, none of the Republican candidates in the C-Span debates I watched these few weeks had any concrete agenda. They simply blamed Democrats for everything. Even Governor Brownback, pressured by disastrous tax cuts placed on the backs of Middle Class Kansas, prevailed by pointing the finger at Obama / Obamacare, and touting "patience... it will work."

It is really pathetic that our country is reduced to accusing the other guy as sucking as a policy platform. Not a single Republican laid out an agenda. They asked for trust.. and they got it.

Never underestimate the culture of ignorance in this country.
Ignorance?

Ignorance lost big. Dems are licking their wounds wondering what happened to their idiot Messiah and their utopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 04:35 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
"Hope and Change" was not a policy platform either.

"Blocking Barack" is good enough for me as a policy platform at this time. At least we won't get:

1. Unqualified Attorney General
2. Another Barack-fan Supreme Court Justice
Add to that:

3. Susan Rice saying Benghazi happened because of a movie, then she got a promotion
4. Obama Care and the statement that you could keep your existing policy
5. Illegal Aliens moving to the front of the line for Amnesty
6. The IRS scandal
7. The Snowden scandel(s)
6. The Cruise missile presidency
7) Closing Getmo, then handing prisoners over to other countries that will torture them
8) Fast and Furious putting assualt rifles in the hands of drug lords

If it wasn't for the above we would be doing great

Old 11-05-2014, 04:39 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,919,174 times
Quote:
The problem in my opinion is Democrats are too apologetic. They overestimate the intelligence of the American people. They continue to apologize for improving the lives of Americans.

Style is more important than substance. Republican candidates have a brand; they promote an image. Freedom loving, bible thumping, gun slinging, pure-bred Americans. That appeals to many people in this country. Appeal is more important than policy.

The reality (that no one will admit) is, none of the Republican candidates in the C-Span debates I watched these few weeks had any concrete agenda. They simply blamed Democrats for everything. Even Governor Brownback, pressured by disastrous tax cuts placed on the backs of Middle Class Kansas, prevailed by pointing the finger at Obama / Obamacare, and touting "patience... it will work."

It is really pathetic that our country is reduced to accusing the other guy as sucking as a policy platform. Not a single Republican laid out an agenda. They asked for trust.. and they got it.

Wow, the second post and already it is clear one reason the rout came to be. Democrats over estimate the intelligence of the American population?

In other words, Americans aren't as smart as Democrats?

Here is a clue. Americans aren't stupid, what they did yesterday was tell the stupid democrats to get out, then opened the door and kicked them squarely in the arse to help them leave.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,852,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Butt Head said earlier if a bill comes across his desk he doesn't like he'll veto it.

I think he wants to be impeached quite personally.
So vetoing Republican bills is now grounds for impeachment? Okaaaaay. Someone was whining about "low information voters" earlier in this thread. I give you Exhibit A.

Quite personally, I hope the GOP does go for impeachment. Start the process on January 3rd. Make it your first agenda item. We're all tired of hearing about it ad nauseam. Do it already.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,702,948 times
Quote:

Another stinky one!!!!

Old 11-05-2014, 05:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,099,744 times
Quote:

I'm not as cynical as you, as I know and like many conservatives/republicans, and most of them aren't stupid. It's your average far rightie, the type that litters these type of forums, that I don't like.

GOP has two years to form and enact their own plan, I'm not too optimistic they will achieve this. They've had 6 years to form an alternative to ACA, they've had 6 years of telling everyone what is wrong with it, and they've had 6 years to get a republican coalition going to tackle it. Time will tell.

Last edited by dv1033; 11-05-2014 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 05:12 PM

37,769 posts, read 40,907,997 times
Quote:

Talk about shallow. The Democrats voted in a guy with zero experience running anything just so they could pat themselves on the back for electing a black man to the Presidency. It wasn't even about him. It was about them feeling good about themselves.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,099,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Wow, the second post and already it is clear one reason the rout came to be. Democrats over estimate the intelligence of the American population?

In other words, Americans aren't as smart as Democrats?

Here is a clue. Americans aren't stupid, what they did yesterday was tell the stupid democrats to get out, then opened the door and kicked them squarely in the arse to help them leave.
They used the Obama method.... tell voters what they want to hear and figure out the rest after they get elected. Where's Sen. Ted Cruz's alternative to ACA that he's been campaigning against for several years? How long will y'all be duped by your own kind?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 PM

26,972 posts, read 15,193,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
IMO, the president and the Democrats shouldn't have lied to the American public about the ACA. The public isn't stupid, and it really pissed people off. First they punished the Democrats in 2010 when they lost the House. Then they punished them again in 2014 by taking the Senate away.

The Democrats got what they deserved.

2010 would have been even more intense if there were more seats up for grabs at that time.

People did as much as they could have then.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,841,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know right! but I could at least hope for nothing that is. Obama is the type that has to be in charge and things have got to be his way, he has demonstrated this time and time again.
No, no... do NOT blame how sh*tty politics is on just one person that you don't like. Our government is screwed because no one wants to work together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies