Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 08:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
If you voted, it was meaningless. He's more concerned about 'the 2/3's that didn't vote'.
But 2/3 of his brain is missing too which leaves 1/3 of it left that's on dope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He said 4 out of 6 American's didn't vote...I find that statistic waaay off after last nights sweeping GOP victory.

Obama is making up figures in his head now.

No word from Vice President dent head?

More then ever after his speech today, friends and I realized one thing we already knew. Obama just does not get it ever.

His brain cannot wrap around what truly happened and why. He is still himself, and truly doubt he will change for the better.

Obama's reality is different then the reality here and now.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
http://huff.to/1tZRb9i

"
President Barack Obama will speak to the press Wednesday afternoon to address his party's resounding loss in the 2014 midterm elections, according to White House press secretary Josh Earnest. He is expected to strike a tone of compromise and accountability following a Republican takeover of the U.S. Senate and many of the nation's gubernatorial offices.
Obama tried reached out to Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who is widely expected to be the next senate majority leader and who also won re-election Tuesday night, and left a message, CNN reported.
The president's press conference will take place at 2:50 p.m. Eastern time from the East Room of the White House."

Without watching or hearing his drivel:

H
e'll be late to very late as usual.

I don't buy the BS that he'll "change his stripes".

Will any of you be watching or hearing this press conference?

The only thing he should change is to be a little more aggressive...

Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
By the time Obumblers done the only people that will vote Democratic will be the illegals he gave amnesty too. He's going to:

a) Destroy the job market for the black community
b) Destroy the middle class by adding so much tax burden the middle class will be taxed beyond anyone's dreams
c) Create an entitlement society that pisses off the working class
d) Totally destroys the average wage because 11 millions illegals flood the blue collar job market (which there are not a lot of)
e) Totally destroy salaries because illegals (the smart ones) take IT, Engineering and other jobs (which there are not a lot of)

I could go on and on but the point is this guy is bound and determined to destroy the Democratic party come hell or high water..

It's going to be hilarious to watch the Democrat's reaction as the party bleeds to death from a thousand cuts from their dear leader. They guy they supported 99% of the time. They guy that put them in the weakest position in congress since the earlier 1900's..

This is way to funny to watch.. God, I feel like I'm 20 again.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:08 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
I can't wait to see the GOP run on gutting Social Security and turning Medicare into a voucher program.

That's a sure-fire winning platform for 2016!
Please, PLEASE, hold your breathe until it happens.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
My takeaway of this thus far. Obama will not budge on 'his ideas' and obviously doesn't believe the election last night was a repudiation of his ideas. He claims the only thing this election showed was that the electorate doesn't think DC works, completely skipping over the fact that the electorate decided DC didn't work because of the Democrats in office!
In his press conference he claimed "bad messaging" for his failures.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
And every day how many thousands of teens turn 18? How many brown people become eligible to vote?

Unless they start making more white people, the Republicans are in trouble. This stuff we're arguing now is short-term. Long-term is another story, and you know it.

If White Americans Don

For proof that times are a changin', all we need do is look to the polls for gay marriage and marijuana. If you told me ten years ago that 32 states would recognize gay marriage, I'd have said you were nuts.

32 States with Legal Gay Marriage and 18 States with Same-Sex Marriage Bans - Gay Marriage - ProCon.org

Millennials are not deluded. And they are already taking over the country. My supervisor is one. The software company I work for is full of young people in high positions, and they're whip-smart.

Get with the program or be left behind. The America you thought you knew--the Leave it to Beaver America that never existed--is long gone.
"all we need do is look to the polls for gay marriage and marijuana."

If think most voters base their votes on these 2 issues, you are sadly mistaken.

Most adults look at bigger more important issues.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I can't believe he wasn't struck dead by lightening. I can't wait to put a pile of legislation on his desk. I am all tingley down my leg..
I think enough members of his own party will abandon him. They think of their own carriers more then hm.

The ones that have to run in 2 years do NOT want to be tied to him.

As the repubs pass legislation on a bi-partisian basis, as they have done in the House these past 2 years, they WILL vote for the bills.

If O vetoes them, those that voted against the bills will be remembered at vote time.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
If you voted, it was meaningless. He's more concerned about 'the 2/3 that didn't vote'.
Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
He hasn't done anything worthy of impeachment. He hasn't been an effective leader and he's divisive but that's not illegal.

The GOP needs to get past the impeachment talks and get serious about solving problems. An obstructionist Obama is the best chance for the White House.
"He hasn't done anything worthy of impeachment".

A whole lot of people believe he has.

They ALSO know it is futile with only 2 years to go with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies