Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
The Democrats are still doing it today. There is a "war on women" so vote Democratic! They are trying to "take away your black vote by requiring ID", even though voter ID laws apply to everyone and they are just common sense.

Its really nauseating.
Which is why the Democrats got pounded this week in the elections..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Here's a simple question (already know the answer but I'll ask anyway). Why are the very few black republicans within the party so quiet or pushed to the side?
they arent.. Maybe you dont understand the most vocal individuals in the party are those who have seniority by tenure.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:47 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
please, just stop. asking someone to show ID when they vote is not racist. Please update your talking points. do these people not travel, not buy alcohol, not drive, not get welfare?

you need ID for all of these.

just stop
1 - I didn't call such a tactic racist, you are. The tactic isn't exactly racist as its target is people who don't have ID, may lack transportation, don't have time, etc. So though minorities may be "caught up in the net" more often than others. . .the target is poor liberals.

2 - I'm wondering if your strategically clueless. Voting such as Absentee, mail in, etc all have the highest rates of fraud (past elections). In person voting has had very little issue. . . So why would a party target and spend resources on addressing voting issues IF there isn't an issue or the issue (though small) is elsewhere?

Because Absentee and mail in votes, on average, very Republican. There is even statements from Republican politicians (Pennsylvanian was popular) and strategist that these voter id laws are designed to give more votes to republican, not address any issue

So you may sit there, and come up with a ton of reasons "why can't people do that/this/or what have you." I only come back to one - the strategic purpose of the law is to alienate/stop voting. It is not to tackle fraud.

Now if that is racist, or good political strategy, its up to you.

Though I do find it Anti-American. The goal is wrong. . .the reason is wrong. This is one of those things that changed this small govt Republican to vote democrat in the recent election - because this kind of work should not stand

and if you "want to believe" its about fraud. . i'm sure you can try and convince yourself that. Just like people want to believe Bush blew up the trade center. Forget the evidence, lets focus on what you want to believe. Thats really important - yep

Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Another one of those annoying Uncle Toms speaks the truth

Condoleezza Rice: Democrats' Racial Attacks "Appalling"
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Thursday slammed Democrats who sought to use race against Republicans in the midterm elections, saying they were offensive and out of touch.

“The idea that you would play such a card and try fearmongering among minorities just because you disagree with Republicans, that they are somehow all racists, I find it appalling. I find it insulting,” she said on Fox News.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Another Democrat myth successfully busted

Add war on women as yet another myth down the drain:

The 'War on Women' Fails, and That's a Very Bad Sign for Democrats

Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Apply to everyone, but designed to stop groups from voting. I just can't see why anyone would be on board with such a anti-patriotic thing? its ridiculous.

no fraud - but lets pretend there is fraud so we can stop people from voting we don't like.

"Anyone" being me with money and can't see why everyone can't be me.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...ion-laws/?_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Yeah sure, if you get your news from MSNBC.

But the reality is the Democratic party has been playing the race/religion/ethnic card since before the Civil War. Here in New York, the Tammany Hall machine began to buy the Irish vote and later branched out to Italians, Jews etc. Vote for us, the Democratic party will protect you. Yeah right.

Tammany Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Democrats are still doing it today. There is a "war on women" so vote Democratic! They are trying to "take away your black vote by requiring ID", even though voter ID laws apply to everyone and they are just common sense.

Its really nauseating.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Another one of those annoying Uncle Toms speaks the truth

Condoleezza Rice: Democrats' Racial Attacks "Appalling"
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Thursday slammed Democrats who sought to use race against Republicans in the midterm elections, saying they were offensive and out of touch.

“The idea that you would play such a card and try fearmongering among minorities just because you disagree with Republicans, that they are somehow all racists, I find it appalling. I find it insulting,” she said on Fox News.

She did say that and she's right. However is this thread about one sided comments made by black republicans - Condie has said on numerous occasions that the GOP has failed to acknowledge and reach out to minorities. JC Watts, Mike Steele, all said the same thing.

I notice all the "don't play the race card" remarks get quoted but the other stuff they say about race doesn't.

Just sayin....

Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
OP you know it, most people with common sense know it but there is not reason to try to convince them. They want to feel sorry for themselves, let them enjoy that misery if they want it so bad.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:26 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Sigh... Texas accepts a concealed handgun permit as a form of voter ID, but not college ID's. While I personally don't have a problem with voter ID requirements, not accepting a college ID is a pretty blatant form of voter suppression.
A college id doesnt show where you live. Just where you go to school. People go to school out of state all the time.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:36 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Default Time to really move forward, Dems

Tim Scott Blasts Democratic 'Race-Baiting' - Business Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Condie has said on numerous occasions that the GOP has failed to acknowledge and reach out to minorities.
But when they DO reach out to minorities this happens-

Romney gets booed during NAACP speech - YouTube

Republicans ramp up minority outreach nationwide ahead of 2016 - The Washington Post

What the GOP needs to do is start repudiating the Democrats every time they reinvent history and try to blame racism solely on them. The Republicans have history on their side to prove otherwise. They must repeat these facts often and loud to counteract the Democrats' lies and misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies