Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times

Advertisements

They are not on a roll. They peaked too early. If they implement the nutbar tea party bills that Democrats blocked it will come back to bite them in 2016.

Pyrrhic victory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 12:35 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They are not on a roll. They peaked too early. If they implement the nutbar tea party bills that Democrats blocked it will come back to bite them in 2016.

Its kind of like the dog catching the car. Now what?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
You guys carry your party's water well. If the Dems had won last night, the GOP loses. If the GOP wins but only slightly, the GOP loses. If the GOP wins big, the GOP still loses.

That is one thing the Democrats never admit, that they lost anything. And how is it a pyrrhic victory? Like Obama worked with them before? Like the press was kind to them before? The American people wanted less Obama, and they said so en masse yesterday. So the Republicans win if they do nothing but limit Obama, so says the people who voted them for in a tidal.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:52 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
hahahahahahahaha!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

At

not

With

Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Unlike the characterization of tea party people by the lying liberal left, most tea party people are common sense Americans opposed to giveaways to big corporations and big banks, and Wall Street and policies that serve Goldman Sachs. These are things I thought the lying liberal left opposed as well.

As for what Republicans must do in 2016? The number 1 priority is to select a solid conservative who can clearly articulate a conservative agenda of lower taxes, tax reform that leads to repatriation of currently outsourced jobs and the creation of new jobs, a serious reform of Obamacare, increased domestic energy production for energy independence.

That means no Palin, no milquetoasts like Jeb Bush, no unelectables like Romney and Perry, no RINOS like Christie.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:06 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
You guys carry your party's water well. If the Dems had won last night, the GOP loses. If the GOP wins but only slightly, the GOP loses. If the GOP wins big, the GOP still loses.

That is one thing the Democrats never admit, that they lost anything. And how is it a pyrrhic victory? Like Obama worked with them before? Like the press was kind to them before? The American people wanted less Obama, and they said so en masse yesterday. So the Republicans win if they do nothing but limit Obama, so says the people who voted them for in a tidal.
I'm surprised (so far) I've not seen any name calling (on this forum) - but I'm sure that's coming... they're like addicts - they can't help it.

My words to those of you libs reading this: Admit you lost - suck it up - deal with it.
We've had to deal with the do nothing majority leader the last few years, now you'll see what a true leader looks like...

Old 11-05-2014, 01:18 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
My words to those of you libs reading this: Admit you lost - suck it up - deal with it.
Yes, deal with it - that's the plan. Look out in 2016 when Dems have regrouped and we've had 2 years of impeachment attempts, ACA crippling, and other far right tea party policies.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
That's the plan. Look out in 2016 when when we've 2 years of impeachment attempts, ACA crippling, and other far right tea party policies.
I was never worried for this midterm. I've known for a long time now that Democrats were not going to win. It is extremely difficult for Democrats to win midterms, this one wasn't any different. 2016 is the start where changing demographics will start to be a factor in presidential elections. If the GOP is going to be nuts on teabags for the next 2 years, they will lose in 2016. I can only hope for a more moderate GOP

Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Yes, deal with it - that's the plan. Look out in 2016 when Dems have regrouped and we've had 2 years of impeachment attempts, ACA crippling, and other far right tea party policies.
Not sure I can agree 100%, if things like that mattered then Brownback (of Kansas) should have lost. Destroying your functional government does not determine elections apparently.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:

I agree. The question is, what can they pass the next two years that will improve the country? What can they almost get, but have Obama say no to, that will help sell a Republican presidency in 2 years? I don't think they are prepared for that.

Sequestration and closing the government and not passing the debt ceiling and all of that drama will NOT help them anymore, because there is no Senate Democratic Majority to share the blame with. They would get 100% of the blame for any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies