Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:16 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1. Ban abortion
2. Ban gay marriage
3. Ban medical marijuana
4. Ban islam
5. Ban immigrants
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Now ask what type of person can make you ashamed to admit to being Republican.
First I suspect this poster was being facetious and I am not officially a republican although lately most of my votes go that way but

If 4 and 5 were actually something the republican party believed then maybe you could be ashamed to identify with republican party.

I agree 100% with number one.
I think number 2 should be a non issue. Being against it is not a terrible thing.
I think marijauna should be legalized although I certainly don't think being against legalization of medical marijuana is some heinous position.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Here is my question followed by the liberal answers:

I supported the Obama because:

1. He's black, and it was time.
2. He's young.
3. He reads really well from teleprompters.
4. He promises to give me stuff.
5. He's cool.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:21 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. I want lower personal income taxes
2. I want lower corporate taxes
3. I want less government regulations
4. I want the middle class incomes to rise
5. I want fewer Americans living in poverty and on foodstamps

I am not sure about number four but number five is part of their agenda. But they want to do it through opportunity as opposed to giving more.
This should not be taken to mean I am against giving food stamps, welfare, medicaid etc to those in need.
I am in favor of helping people out of that need.
If they really wanted less food stamps and welfare, they wouldn't be blocking minimum wage hikes. #4 and #5 are absolutely not part of the GOP agenda, sorry.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:26 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Another reaction thread after the azz-whooping from yesterday, full of presumptuous falsities and doubling-down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1. Ban abortion
2. Ban gay marriage
3. Ban medical marijuana
4. Ban islam
5. Ban immigrants
Some didn't catch this, I thought it was funny. Sarcasm meant to rile up certain lefties like OP (you forgot "ban condoms" too). Of course with their intense irrational hatred of white conservatives, they actually believe this.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:29 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
If they really wanted less food stamps and welfare, they wouldn't be blocking minimum wage hikes. #4 and #5 are absolutely not part of the GOP agenda, sorry.
Raising the MW does nothing to get these people off welfare.
It will just cause wage inflation and the COL.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:29 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:
Personally I am in favor of raising the minimum slightly and tying it to inflation.
But you can be against raising the minimum wage and be interested in helping people out of poverty.
1) a very small percentage of people earn the minimum wage
2) a percentage of those ( i don't know what percentage) are young people or people in two earner families that are not in poverty.
3) Raising the minimum wage will cause some job loss which will hurt people in poverty.

ETA: The typical republican or personal responsibility voter doesn't want people to be stuck in a minimum wage job. They want them to find a way to a better job.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:32 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
These have already been answered for you and explained to you as simply as possible as to why you are incorrect.

You choose to not listen. Then you claim to speak for the GOP.

We get it. You hate certain groups of people, you're upset about yesterday... but good grief, give it a rest.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

Pssst! Got news for ya... It ain't part of the Democrat's agenda either. And no we absolutely should NOT have a federally mandated minimum wage, or did you think that the standard of living is the same across the board in this country? Furthermore, go ahead and mandate it, just remember business owners will simply cut hours, lay more people off, and also pass those costs on to the customer. Whether a business can afford to pay someone more or not is irrelevant. A businesses sole purpose for existence is to make a profit, and if they're publicly shared then they are beholden to their share holders. Therefore they are not a charity. I know, reality bites, but that is the way it is. So unless you want to have the state take control of every business where everyone is equal (more like equally poor) I suggest we leave it alone and let the individual states decide.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
First I suspect this poster was being facetious and I am not officially a republican although lately most of my votes go that way but

If 4 and 5 were actually something the republican party believed then maybe you could be ashamed to identify with republican party.

I agree 100% with number one.
I think number 2 should be a non issue. Being against it is not a terrible thing.
I think marijauna should be legalized although I certainly don't think being against legalization of medical marijuana is some heinous position.
Very good. You read with clear eyes.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:35 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
I supported the Republican Agenda in the 2014 Midterm Elections because:

this is super easy.

in 6 years Obama and his buddies have DOUBLED the national debt. it is now approaching 18 trillion dollars.

ACA is breaking American Healthcare system

6 years of Obama and there are
more people on welfare than ever before
more people on food stamps than ever before
more people on disability than ever before
full time jobs have been replaced by part time jobs and democrats say they are creating jobs
wages have not only been flat, but have gone down under this president in away that we havent seen since jimmy the other idiot carter
we have no desernable energy policy
we have no desernable foreign policy
we have a president who thinks its cool to have a traitor as an Atty General.
We have an atty general who fans the flames of the insane riots in st louis
we have a president who didnt force his own party leaders in control of the House and Senate to pass a buget
we have democrats in control of the senate who refuse to do ANYTHING AT ALL....except remove the filibuster rule that prevents idiots from getting lifetime appointments to the federal judiciary
we have democrats going on tv (this week) that think it is perfectly fine to flat out say that republicans are still mad that we dont have slavery
we have idiots in control of our government who are perfectly fine with oil in canada that could come to America being shipped off to china
Fast and Ferious
Bengazi
Cloward and Pivin

im just getting started i can go on for days

bottom line, im mad that america has let the wolves into the henhouse. and YES the democrat party is the party of the vicious wolf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies