Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe marijuana is harmless
yes 67 45.27%
no 68 45.95%
I don't mind weed, but I hate potheads 13 8.78%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
Too much of anything other than organic foods can be harmful. Too much climate change crap can be harmful. Regulated use may be less harmful and that's the beauty of pot. If you can't roll 'em it's hard to smoke 'em. Okay... not really.

It was a heck of lot easier to learn French in college being absolutely stoned. My final exam grade - late to the exam, went to the wrong place, finished first... all under the influence - brought up my semester average to B+.

And if more people really realized the number of people who smoke, they'd be worried for the entire country. Though the way people like to worry themselves silly, it's a good thing they don't know.

Uhhhh, I've done both... and NO.
Oh wow turns out I was waaay off.

Todays medically grown weed is as high as 25% THC!!! Those were unheard of numbers even back in the 90's when Hydroponics really took off. Numbers back then were in the single digits.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/earths...t-strains-2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 07:47 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
I smoke for the small buzz and taste, just like people drink alcohol for the buzz.. the big difference is alcohol gets you wasted out of ones mind if you drink to much.. pot on the other hand is a plateau buzz if you have smoked for a while..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:49 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
It has medical properties just like alcohol does, but trying to legalize it for recreational use on that basis is just silly. 99% of people smoke dope because they like getting high. The medical properties of it are greatly exaggerated to push an agenda. I know a couple people that have a medical marijuana cards, and both of them habitually smoked before they got the card One of these people is my sister who takes it for anxiety, yet she freely admits that smoking weed often gives her anxiety......huh?
and your medical degree is from what school?

just stop

if it helps sick cancer patients get their appetite back, then let them have it! if it helps people with chronic seizures, LET THEM HAVE IT.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Marijuana isn't harmless.

You'd literally have to smoke a whole joint laced with other drugs (PCP or Coke) in the 60's, 70's, & 80's to feel the same effects you get off of 1 or 2 hits of today's weed. Its gotten that potent.

Sure there is a thing called tolerance, but even the most seasoned stoner's can get to the moon off a few puffs.

1-2% THC back then compared to 5-8% nowadays with modern methods of growing.
that is a bunch of bs!!!! I was smoking weed just as good as anything they got now in the late 70S,80s some of the Columbian gold is still one of the best tasting high potency weeds ever produced, not to mention panama red, African black...

Old 11-05-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I smoke for the small buzz and taste, just like people drink alcohol for the buzz.. the big difference is alcohol gets you wasted out of ones mind if you drink to much.. pot on the other hand is a plateau buzz if you have smoked for a while..
Uhh if you smoke too much you get all paranoid & feel like you're going to die, but forget why you feel that way until you start coming down then realize it was the weed talking.

There is a reason it is classified as a "psychedelic drug" & not something else. It has the characteristics of a hallucinogen, a depressant, & even a stimulant which is what makes it so unique.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Oh wow turns out I was waaay off.

Todays medically grown weed is as high as 25% THC!!! Those were unheard of numbers even back in the 90's when Hydroponics really took off. Numbers back then were in the single digits.

Earth's Strongest Strains 2012 | High Times

best weed is down under in Australia at 40 percent

Australian Marijuana Has The Highest Levels Of THC: Could It Top Amsterdam As The Next 'Weed Capital'?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Uhh if you smoke too much you get all paranoid & feel like you're going to die, but forget why you feel that way until you start coming down then realize it was the weed talking.
total bs!!! all it will do is give me a headache if I keep smoking.. I smoked for 30 years compared to hard booze it don't do didly squat...

Old 11-05-2014, 07:59 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
and your medical degree is from what school?

just stop

if it helps sick cancer patients get their appetite back, then let them have it! if it helps people with chronic seizures, LET THEM HAVE IT.
I never said people can't have it. Remember, I'm pro-pot. I just said that it's silly that people use it's exaggerated medical properties to push for legalized recreational use rather than just pushing to have it legalized because there's nothing wrong with responsibly getting high in moderation.

Also, I'm a PT, so your medical degree comment is actually kind of ironic.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
total bs!!! all it will do is give me a headache if I keep smoking.. I smoked for 30 years compared to hard booze it don't do didly squat...
Affects different people differently.

Lots of different factors can affect your high...environment, current state of mind, mood, genetics, THC levels, etc. etc.

I've gotten so high before I forgot why I was feeling like that...never had that experience before except on cid which was very similar minus the vivid visuals & no the weed was not laced because I saw it rolled.

I don't ever want to feel like that again.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:05 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I never said people can't have it. Remember, I'm pro-pot. I just said that it's silly that people use it's exaggerated medical properties to push for legalized recreational use rather than just pushing to have it legalized because there's nothing wrong with responsibly getting high in moderation.

Also, I'm a PT, so your medical degree comment is actually kind of ironic.
it's not ironic at all given you didn't go to med school.

until someone can tell me what the medicinal benefits are in cigarettes or alcohol, I will continue to be disgusted by the ludicrous laws in this country. Anything that is even remotely helpful to chronically ill people, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME happens to be a plant found in nature, like basil, should be readily available like aspirin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies