Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe marijuana is harmless
yes 67 45.27%
no 68 45.95%
I don't mind weed, but I hate potheads 13 8.78%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'm positive that smoking weed in high school altered my brain for the worse. I've come to dislike drugs and I really think that daily marijuana use is an escape for losers. That being said, I think it should be legal for adults.
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

No problems here.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Well, lets certainly hope so!

If so, I apologize for being an e-ass.

Roadking is definitely pro legalization.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:58 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
2 examples of exceptionally large gatherings of "stoners" with not one act of violence, or an arrest, and yet the "Reefer Madness" crowd would have you believe "stoners" are drug induced zombies eating people's faces, and causing all sorts of melee!
Go to any sporting event where the people are there drinking LEGAL beer and see how many fights and arrests there are.

People like to link the people that smoke a relatively small amount with those that get stoned, that is like linking those that have a few drinks with dinner with the fall down drunk .... Apples and Bananas.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:59 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Go to any sporting event where the people are there drinking LEGAL beer and see how many fights and arrests there are.

People like to link the people that smoke a relatively small amount with those that get stoned, that is like linking those that have a few drinks with dinner with the fall down drunk .... Apples and Bananas.
I agree. It's not the same.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
It seems pretty likely to me that mj does cause brain damage. There have been some studies suggesting this, and more studies will doubtless ensue as the legalization movement rolls on (pun intended). One of the smartest guys I have ever known is about my age, close to senior citizen status. He is still very sharp, and in particular has an excellent memory. While I tend to just remember the broad strokes of books I have read, he remembers the minutest details.

He told me that he had a brother who was a big time pot smoker for years, and now the brother has huge gaps in his memory. Alcohol does the same thing, of course. Anything ingested via smoke can cause big upper respiratory problems too, and the lungs are basically the body's energy plant. In distance running the number one determinant of success is the ability to suck down oxygen and deliver it to the muscles.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:29 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It seems pretty likely to me that mj does cause brain damage. There have been some studies suggesting this, and more studies will doubtless ensue as the legalization movement rolls on (pun intended). One of the smartest guys I have ever known is about my age, close to senior citizen status. He is still very sharp, and in particular has an excellent memory. While I tend to just remember the broad strokes of books I have read, he remembers the minutest details.

He told me that he had a brother who was a big time pot smoker for years, and now the brother has huge gaps in his memory. Alcohol does the same thing, of course. Anything ingested via smoke can cause big upper respiratory problems too, and the lungs are basically the body's energy plant. In distance running the number one determinant of success is the ability to suck down oxygen and deliver it to the muscles.
Distance running has been proven to cause scarring of the heart, tendonitis, loss of bone density, recurrent upper respiratory infections, and susceptibility to serious injury.

Since the ACA went into effect I now have to pay for others care based on bad decisions they made.

Marathons and long distance running should be made illegal. While I will not demand to control your behavior, I don't want my money going to treat others for engaging in unhealthy activities.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:40 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It is not harmless-muddles the mind, changes behavior-always consequences when that happens.

Also a gateway drug.
Sugar is a gateway drug. Everyone I know that is on cocaine started with sugar.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Marathons and long distance running should be made illegal. While I will not demand to control your behavior, I don't want my money going to treat others for engaging in unhealthy activities.
I agree. We should not cover jogging injuries with Obamacare.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Distance running has been proven to cause scarring of the heart, tendonitis, loss of bone density, recurrent upper respiratory infections, and susceptibility to serious injury.

Since the ACA went into effect I now have to pay for others care based on bad decisions they made.

Link that dispenses said proof?

None of this is true.

Long May You Run | Running Times

Quote:
James Fries, M.D., co-author of a 2008 study from Stanford that tracked 528 runners and 423 non-runners beginning in 1984, counts the ways: "Running improves your blood pressure. You're less likely to get blood clots and varicose veins. Bones become stronger and denser. It's a treatment for osteoporosis. It prevents fractures of the hips and spine. The ligaments get bigger and stronger--they protect the joints from wobbling, which is one thing that causes joints to wear out.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies