Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe marijuana is harmless
yes 67 45.27%
no 68 45.95%
I don't mind weed, but I hate potheads 13 8.78%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 04:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Oh wow turns out I was waaay off.

Todays medically grown weed is as high as 25% THC!!! Those were unheard of numbers even back in the 90's when Hydroponics really took off. Numbers back then were in the single digits.

Earth's Strongest Strains 2012 | High Times
As high as.

You're average is closer to 10, and the "as high as" strains are one off plants that would be 500 dollars an ounce, which even most middle class and upper class tokers won't buy. Its not worth it.

BTW, instead of rolling a whole joint and smoking it, I can take two hits from a herbal vaporizer and I'm happy, no need to smoke an entire joint, and here is the thing, it should be my choice what I enjoy in my own home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 05:10 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
[quote=lucky4life;37166804]Ithink a l ot of pot smokers feel that there is some type of competition between alcohol and marijuana. Just look how many people on this thread have attacked me in regards to their eroneous belief that I'm somehow anti-pot because I acknowledge that it can have negative effects. Just saying alcohol is worse is a deflection. It's no different than someone claiming alcohol is harmless because meth is worse. Alcohol and marijuana are both drugs, and they both can have negative effects. Alcohol more commonly has negative effects associated with it, but if you believe people don't get incredibly wasted or freak out from marijuana you are sadly mistaken. It's not that uncommon for people to end up in the ER due to extreme anxiety from cannabis, and since the legalized edibles have been introduced it's becoming far more common. Not acknowledging that any mind altering substance can be potentially harmful is dangerous. An example would be the college kid in this video. His jerkoff friends that have probably smoked a million times are too stupid to realize how much weed can effect someone with very little tolerance to it. These types of freak-outs are not harmless and can trigger major anxiety issues in some people. That's a medical fact whether some people want to acknowledge it or not.

one is totally legal and one is not!!!! and what really sucks is the safer one is the one that was banned in 1937.. people lives have been ruined for life for possessing pot.. so yes it is a competition of sorts. people should have the choice to do the safer drug pot with out the fear of prosecution.. not to mention that pot has been scheduled a class 1 drug ,and cocaine and meth are scheduled class 2 what kind of message does that send to people??? is ohh cocaine and meth are safer than pot??? ya right it is just a bunch of crony bs concocted by big pharma..

sure the people that are new to weed or have barely smoked it can have a bad effect.. but i'm still waiting for all those overdose statistics associated with weed..?? and don't tell me some old lady could smoke some good bud and drop dead, because it has not happened yet.. that's just pulling stuff out of a hat..

personally I never seen any body get that wasted from only pot in my life time.. i've seen hundreds of people get wasted on booze..

and for those vids how do you know that those young, and I say young people are not on other substances besides weed..

the thing with alcohol it is clear to the eye when someone is totally drunk the classic signs are staggering and falling down..

Old 11-06-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As high as.

You're average is closer to 10, and the "as high as" strains are one off plants that would be 500 dollars an ounce, which even most middle class and upper class tokers won't buy. Its not worth it.

BTW, instead of rolling a whole joint and smoking it, I can take two hits from a herbal vaporizer and I'm happy, no need to smoke an entire joint, and here is the thing, it should be my choice what I enjoy in my own home

one can get the same buzz off of 3... 151 proof rum n cokes as 6.. 80 proof rum n cokes

Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Hilarious poll.....latest scienctific evidence shows Cannibis has serious adverse events... other than waiting until the age of reason before using so you can erase the reason you waited so long to get.

Next poll...do you think the world is flat?

Again, Human Caused global warming, the science is settled. How can you deny the "science"..you troglodite!!??????

Now the 'science' supports earlier findings that cannibis has long term health effects.
Like Tobbacco and the concept of marketing different drugs for the same indication....aside, might want to explain that concept to blue pill, red pill obama....individuals often react differently to different drugs due to many factors including genetics. To say smoking is fine because old Bill has been smoking camels since he was a kid and is now 92 and healthy is the height of ignorance.

On the other hand, legalize it, felonize injury or death while under the influence. Ban lawsuits for health issues attributed to smoking pot.

No problem with its legalization for medicinal use but we can't trust the medical profession and the public to be honest as demonstrated by the flow of prescription drugs by doc who practice drug mills.

Like any drug that undergoes rigorous tesing before federal approval, indications must be documented. You can't get an antiobiotic approved for an indication or bug that had not been tested, even though the drug might work against it. Drug companies are heavily fined if their sales force pushes 'off label' uses. the irony is that physicians can legally take your drug and use it for whatever they think is appropriate.

So what's different with mj in that regard. By the way, with an invitation to sue drug companies, has become an ubiquitous TV commercial, big pharma stays far away from drugs that impact the CNS. Ketamine had a short life for human use, phencycladine became ultra scare and even IUDs disappeared. Good luck with the MJ, count on conglomerates eating up all the entepreneurs eventually.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its far less harmful then prescription medications and alcohol. That said, no one under 25 should smoke. That makes me hypocritical because I smoked well before that, but the science shows that before 25, the brain isn't fully developed, and you really shouldn't partake.

I'm a engineer for a top cell phone carrier, graduated with a 4.0 in college and I'm an air force vet. I smoke pot quite often, although I'm on a break right now for other reasons. Your mileage may vary

This!

Old 11-06-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
and your medical degree is from what school?

just stop

if it helps sick cancer patients get their appetite back, then let them have it! if it helps people with chronic seizures, LET THEM HAVE IT.

Call me crazy, but with a disease as horrible as cancer, and the side effects from the medications used to treat it being nausea, weight loss, ect... if something like cannabis can help increase appetite, it can only be a good thing, no? You're replacing lost nutrients which can only help in boosting your immune system and fighting the disease. God knows if I ever got cancer, I'd be smoking a lot of weed! And if one of the side-effects is getting stoned, then big f***n' deal! It beats being miserable! Let's call it a fringe benefit, shall we.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Uhh if you smoke too much you get all paranoid & feel like you're going to die, but forget why you feel that way until you start coming down then realize it was the weed talking.

There is a reason it is classified as a "psychedelic drug" & not something else. It has the characteristics of a hallucinogen, a depressant, & even a stimulant which is what makes it so unique.

Nothing that kicking back, and listening to some chill music, like say Pink Floyd couldn't help. That would usually do the trick. I can definitely see why it can be classified as a hallucinogen. While you don't trip like you would on LSD or shrooms, there are subtle things where it does qualify. For me, colors are enhanced, especially bright colors and the color purple, which is very pleasing. Time gets distorted a bit, and music sounds a hell of a lot better! Nature is also enhanced, as is thought. I tend to get very philisophical. Then again, I tend to be that way anyway, but it definitely is enhanced and I tend to get into deeper thoughts when partaking.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This!

I don't agree with only smoking pot at age 25, if one can drink alcohol at 21 one should be able to smoke at 21.. not to mention if some crony politicians can send you to die in an unjust war one should be able to drink smoke whatever at age 18.. here in the us vi the drinking age is 18 same with smoking..

Old 11-06-2014, 07:02 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
No substance is completely harmless. Even water will kill a person in sufficient amounts.

Pot should be legalized because Prohibition doesn't work. The government is giving up hundreds of millions in annual tax revenue by continuing the failed War on Drugs policy.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I don't agree with only smoking pot at age 25, if one can drink alcohol at 21 one should be able to smoke at 21.. not to mention if some crony politicians can send you to die in an unjust war one should be able to drink smoke whatever at age 18.. here in the us vi the drinking age is 18 same with smoking..

Yeah that part I don't agree with. It should be 21 just like alcohol. Better yet, I'll agree with you and say 18, because if you're old enough to vote, and go to war, you should be able to drink.... or smoke weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies