Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:20 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"Voters on Tuesday gave Republicans control of the Senate. But the GOP did not earn this victory.

The GOP didn

It looks like reality is difficult for somebody.

Democrats lost the Senate by 2,316,781 votes. You were NOT competitive everywhere, not even close.
Umhuh...and the country did not deserve a looser leader....twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
None of the above. Third party, independent, anything else other then R or D.

Republicans didn't deserve to win on their own merit, they won because of the lack of merit of the Democratic party.

As I said, if Republicans vote for a bunch of soap box issues and don't compromise on important issues over the next two years, Dems will likely win big in 2016. Does that mean that Dems deserve to win then? Nope.

People need to wake up and realize that Party R and Party D are really votes for the same animal.
Fair enough, but you know what?

The real news is that those so called working people have abandoned the Democratic party and that all those liberal causes so dear to the lefty elites of the Democrat party played not at all. Very difficult to talk up a jobless economic recovery.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Run on some principles, instead of the party line. Democrats can learn the same lesson.
Regarding women, don't forget the election of Mia Love, a black Republican from virtually all-white Utah, to the House of Representatives.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Fair enough, but you know what?

The real news is that those so called working people have abandoned the Democratic party and that all those liberal causes so dear to the lefty elites of the Democrat party played not at all. Very difficult to talk up a jobless economic recovery.
Which policies exactly where those?

Which ones in particular were rejected? The exit polls I saw showed that 90+% of Democrats favored a minimum wage increase, and nearly 40% of Republicans did in most states, even those where Republicans won. Thats a majority in favor of minimum wage increases, which is a liberal talking point. I disagree with both, I think there shouldn't be a minimum wage, but it disproves your point that all of the liberal talking points were denied by the public in general. 5 states also approved minimum wage increases, Alaska being one of them, which is all red.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:54 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
"Voters on Tuesday gave Republicans control of the Senate. But the GOP did not earn this victory.

The GOP didn

It looks like reality is difficult for somebody.

Democrats lost the Senate by 2,316,781 votes. You were NOT competitive everywhere, not even close.
Dems are used to their guy getting a Nobel peace prize and transparency award without demonstrating any actions to deserve them. They expect the media to continue the fantasy and bail out obama and are now in deep saddness that reality disturbed their world .

Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
"The team that should win does win." - Bill Parcells

Old 11-06-2014, 10:07 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
I think the turn out numbers speak volumes, to both parties. Or it should.

20% of the voting population participated, and Republicans won about 53% of that vote. So about 13 to 14% of the country went Republican.

Resounding victory? I think not.

Thats why they lose in Presidential election years, get the number up to 40% of the voting public, and the red column loses badly.

We need one, or both parties to wake the hell up and start listening to the public instead of their financial backers. Both parties are bought and paid for by lobbyists. As I said in another thread. Its like we are at the bar at the end of the night, and our choice is a fat, ugly woman with no teeth, and a pretty girl with herpes. Saying "I won" isn't exactly a great talking point with the options we have right now.

I hope a new generation of Republicans start taking the reigns of the party. Less taxation, smaller federal government, less engagement in foreign war, more personal freedom. So far, that hasn't happened yet. Democrats aren't any damn better, don't get me wrong. Thats my point, both parties suck.
Using your math, less than 10% or so went Democratic, right? That is a tiny amount of support. I don't buy the excuse that Dems would do better with more turnout. It might be true - but if they don't care enough to vote IT DOESN'T MATTER.

The GOP has an opportunity to do something meaningful. If they squander it they will lose big in 2016.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Using your math, less than 10% or so went Democratic, right? That is a tiny amount of support. I don't buy the excuse that Dems would do better with more turnout. It might be true - but if they don't care enough to vote IT DOESN'T MATTER.

The GOP has an opportunity to do something meaningful. If they squander it they will lose big in 2016.
Like I said, both parties should take heed, neither won a majority of Americans votes.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:21 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
If he wants to say they didn't deserve to win, fine. It just means the Democrats deserved to lose, which I agree with.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If he wants to say they didn't deserve to win, fine. It just means the Democrats deserved to lose, which I agree with.
I completely agree with that statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies