Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The above describes perfectly the ignorant unwashed masses but what I do not understand is why you want these imbeciles to vote. That is why I always wish that people who are not interested in politics or just plain stupid to stay away from the polls. If you have the uninformed and ignorant making up most of the electorate what kind of leadership do you think you would get?

I'd much prefer a learned society - First we need to make it ILLEGAL to drop out of school before completing 12th Grade.
I have a blog I wrote, which is about:A Civic Corp: If we don't find a way to engage our young and also understand that everyone is not and will not be a University Canididate, But everyone needs a responsible skill they can engage to be a contributor in this life. Within a Generation we'd have built a system that diminishes tremendously random delinquency, dire poverty, and a mass of people who generate large families with no means to have it unified or able to provide for it.

It's amazing what transforms within people, when they are given a spectrum of responsibility they can
handle and grow within.

Guaranteed without a doubt, someone will claim this infringes on the Freedoms of people.
Sadly, those of such claim, may first need to review what the word Freedom Represents in a Governed Nation.

We first must come to understand "what does the word "Freedom" actually mean? we hear people all the time, talking about "my freedom", and "my free right to do this or that". Often time, the ignornce within how and why it is uttered often depicts an imbecile.

"Freedom" is first and foremost _ "A RESPONSIBILITY, TO BE RESPONSIBLE". The more responsible one is, the more freedom they have, within what is the governed and regulatory structure of a system, be it a Home Environment, or in the broader, Social Environment of Nation.
there is no such thing as a Responsible home, that is without a frame of governance and regulatory guidelines. Therefore why do people expect a nation without governance and regulatory guidelines.

As to Nation, with the diversity of the masses and the capitalist process, without regulatory guidelines safety would be such a higher level concern until we'd not know what to expect as to stability and safety standards.
We hear people complain about "regulatory process", as if they'd like to live in some place like Haiti, which can't afford "regulatory management". We should be thankful for the regulatory system. I am.

I don't aspire to some delusions concept that freedom means do what one whats, when they want and how they want, where they want any way they want. It would be utter chaos.

Can you just imagine that you have a home on a city street, and someone decides they want to turn their front yard into a hog pen, and the person on the other side, decides they want to process waste products into animal food, and the others on the block had equally odd usages of their property where one wants the front yard to be a corn field, and another had turned his/her front yard into a auto repair garage. Yes, regulatory management and good governance is needed.

To address your point, It would be great for people to have a system which had a base policy which mandates responsibility. We can create that, by making a system that truly afford the opportunity to people.

Long ago, when they had the OTHER KIND of Draft... people from all walks of life were able to learn, develop skills and have a connections to something which gave them a sense of civic belonging and civic pride. That was military related.

The Civic Corp I'm talking about has nothing to do with the Military as it's base Premise.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:16 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Many Democrats simply did not get up and get out to vote:
We don't read or follow the acts and actions, bills and measures and we don't take time to learn.

WE'VE BECOME THE "LAZY" Americans. We let anyone with a title or label or acronyms after their name, come on the media and tell us stuff and we believe it.
Lazy? I don't know about that, when 2/3 of the registered voters do not show up, I think DISGUSTED [with the Obama administration] is more appropriate .

Old 11-06-2014, 12:18 PM

893 posts, read 885,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Geez , you sound as if Fox News has groomed you to repeat their utterance effeciently.

You evidentally were not paying much attention as to what resulted in August 2008 and the details that came forth which presented the elements that brought that economic collapse. I'm sure you even forgot that it was under a Republican President, with wide Republican Support in congress that lead us to the greatest default since 1929. I guess all that is all irrelevant to you and you consider it to be insignifigant ..... Geez Whiz... It would be pointless to reiterate what was previously discussed, that actually points to figures and factors, surely that would not interest you in the least bit, besides I would not want to cut into your Rush Limbaugh show time.

Thank you for stopping by... wishing a great day to you.
LOL. For a bit you try to act like you are an unbiased observer until you are outed.

By the way, one of the big drivers of our decline was the housing market crash. Of course, you won't watch this entire video and see IN THEIR OWN WORDS, Dems driving the bus into the ditch. Of course, now the revisionist history of the dishonest left tries to move goal posts and place blame elsewhere.

I DARE you to watch this ENTIRE video. You won't. Nor will leftists. Gov't is your God and you can't go against your God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yga7TlsA-1A

Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Lazy? I don't know about that, when 2/3 of the registered voters do not show up, I think DISGUSTED [with the Obama administration] is more appropriate .
I question disgust as a reason for staying home. Normally, when I am disgusted by something, I *do* something about it.

Am I really such an anomaly?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Everything Obama and MSM are telling you about election turnout is wrong
So the "sharp drop in turnout" described by AP was actually a turnout increase in battleground states Colorado, North Carolina, Arkansas, Kansas, Wisconsin, Iowa, Louisiana, Florida, Kentucky, Alaska, and Maine — all places in which the GOP performed well.

Campaign guru Patrick Ruffini correctly calls B.S. on the MSM’s phony "low turnout" meme. As he notes, turnout tends to be highest when Senate and gubernatorial races are close.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

There's a grand question to your statement: you say, Obama Administration. That's what the News Reporters push as their summary. But what does reality present.

Reality shows a vast spectrum of the Republican system have engaged in the OVERT and well stated position to be 'Obstructionist", Blocking And Tackling Bills, and Shutting Down the Government, Playing Games with National Funding. Even making it a mission to defeat the president at any chance they get. Surely, that is not of respect for and about the American people, which they were sworn to respect, represent, uphold and support. they forgot all about that, and it became about their ego and the aim of personal based vendetta mentality.
When have you previously seen a President of the United States, Insulted during the State of the Union Address on Worldwide Televised Broadcast? And this was done by a sitting Republican Congressional person.

It was not even one day after the 2012 Election that focus was turned to 2016. Not one Republican Congressional Persons has engaged any public speech without a utter disrespect for the President. Many have been called on the point, they refused to even address him as Mr. President.

I'm sure you don't even recall, he said: I will hunt down and capture and kill Bin Laden", but I won't use a broad axe, I will use a scapule approach. HE DID JUST THAT, but Republican don't respect it, beause he did not spend 20 billions dollars and send in a fleet of Aircraft and multiple batillions of troops. He did it with a Seal Team. a Group trained for "percision actions". That's called using brains not just focusing on brute force in massive volume.

Other than Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt, no one since then had every challenged Bankers and Wall Street, Republican got up and got in the way to protect the bankers and wall street from being challenged for their criminal and malicious conduct.

Reality is simple: most of the high ranking political people, industrial people from manufacturing to banking, to medicine to wall street had never had to take instruction, or be reprimanded or called out by any person of color. We still have a system where there is still a glass ceiling where it affects not only minorities, but women as well. But society had never envisaged a black man being the most power man in American Politics as the President.

I don't personally buy into the approval rating thing. I've followed what has been achieved and what has not, as well as what is the challenges within both that which was passed and that which was not.

I don't need a punditry system to tell me what to favor and what not to favor.

I know this, people are no longer loosing their homes as they were in August 2008, the Stock Market is not in a crashed mode, the banks are not crashing, the jobless rate had declined, equal pay for women has been made into law, College Tuition has been challenged and is still being challenged, We are out of Iraq, as to the original war. We no longer have European and Nordic Regions Nations refusing to take American Currency, People have more fixed rate home mortgages than they have variable rate. Banks now are mandated to have set reserves and to have additional cushion for unplanned events, We now have people who are not denied medical treatement due to previous conditions, and the list goes on and on and one.

People should have long been disgusted, when everything was clogged up and blocked and certainly when the government was shut down as nothing more than trying to play a game of showing power, which cost us millions upon millions of losses and insults in the Global community.
but they did not focus their disgust with real understanding, but seemed to be swayed by slick gamer style political advertisement and its saturated frequency of display.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I question disgust as a reason for staying home. Normally, when I am disgusted by something, I *do* something about it.

Am I really such an anomaly?
No...

(I get your point)... and in doing something about it, you pursue information, so that you can make discerned efforts to address the matter.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:49 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Geeze Louise, some of you people act worse then kindergarden kids....

I voted, however, you republicans had better watch your step and hope they do their jobs for the betterment of the American people. B/c this time, if they don't, the same thing will happen, back and forth, back and forth....Republicans always get fat and lazy and hand over the job to the Dems so......
We all should be watching them and be honest about it and if they slip up, let them know and stop backing a corrupt party....the same with the dems.....it is up to us to set it all straight....
we cannot hand a job over to someone and not supervise them....and when they do wrong, hound the suckers!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Everything Obama and MSM are telling you about election turnout is wrong
So the "sharp drop in turnout" described by AP was actually a turnout increase in battleground states Colorado, North Carolina, Arkansas, Kansas, Wisconsin, Iowa, Louisiana, Florida, Kentucky, Alaska, and Maine — all places in which the GOP performed well.

Campaign guru Patrick Ruffini correctly calls B.S. on the MSM’s phony "low turnout" meme. As he notes, turnout tends to be highest when Senate and gubernatorial races are close.

I made it a point to only watch CSPAN regarding the Political matters since the elections, as I don't want to hear all the opinions of people who are paid to have an opinion, along with the drama effect they put into it. When this hype is over, then I can deal with some occasional media speculatory commentary.

CSPAN, I get to hear what the actual political individual has to say. Not having someone put their spin on what the person said. My hearing works great.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I guess the ballots from the dead did not turn up. You must work on that Dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies