Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
It sounds like a good thing, until you read the details (like the tax penalty for people who choose to remain uninsured) and see the ill effects unfold.
What are you discussing? We're discussing universal healthcare......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 05:54 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh.

OK so you take numbers from 2014....you know AFTER the ACA is in effect...that show as our population increases more people may become uninsured as a #.

Remember we are talking about the affect of the ACA-that occurred BEFORE 2014.

So the answer is you are either intentionally lying, or intentionally trying to mislead people. Which one is it?
Yes...sigh....the entire point of the ACA was to cover ALL AMERICANS, which I provided you with a quote since you were obviously not able to google...

Then show me from 2010 - December 31st 2013 stats....not some link....CBO stats...

I guess you were unable to interpret my link where obama said, under my plan EVERY AMERICAN will be covered...

Why will you not answer that post or link? Are you intentionally lying or intentionally trying to mislead people. Which one is it?

Never mind, you have failed at any type of...well anything...great job o'bot.....

Old 11-06-2014, 06:04 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes...sigh....the entire point of the ACA was to cover ALL AMERICANS, which I provided you with a quote since you were obviously not able to google...

Then show me from 2010 - December 31st 2013 stats....not some link....CBO stats...

I guess you were unable to interpret my link where obama said, under my plan EVERY AMERICAN will be covered...

Why will you not answer that post or link? Are you intentionally lying or intentionally trying to mislead people. Which one is it?

Never mind, you have failed at any type of...well anything...great job o'bot.....
It was never meant to cover all Americans only Americans who worked or fit in expanded Medicaid. It wasnt meant to cover Republicans favorite plans of Medicare, Tricare, and VA. Why ruin a system where you can be covered by 3 or 4 plans and the rest of the country picks up the tab and picks up the scraps.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:

OK lets define a QUOTE for you. a quote means thats EXACTLY what that person said. Google your "qoute". Let me help you-put the quotes around it.

Here is what was actually said:
“We were able to get it done in part because of grass-roots folks like you that fought so hard to make sure we were able to deliver on universal health care,”
Now google that....oh look thats a ACTUAL quote. And that was what I said, that you weren't using a quote.

I didn't even bother responding further about that, because its poor wording on his part, while its technically universal healthcare thats very inaccurate to put it that way, and he should not have.

But for Republicans....suddenly thats the reality not the hundreds of times where he indicated it wouldn't cover everyone.

What you're trying to do is called a strawman argument.

If you want to continue to claim that the ACA reduced the number of people insured, feel free. Its a complete lie, but i am done arguing with you.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
It was never meant to cover all Americans only Americans who worked or fit in expanded Medicaid. It wasnt meant to cover Republicans favorite plans of Medicare, Tricare, and VA. Why ruin a system where you can be covered by 3 or 4 plans and the rest of the country picks up the tab and picks up the scraps.
Obama disagrees with you...
\

sorry...and they still pay taxes....

Old 11-06-2014, 06:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Why/how did obama care pass then?
Because they passed it thru before republicans were sworn in after first mid term taking control of the house. Otherwise they wouldn't have disallow debate and limited amendments.I mean when it wasn't even published before vote; so voters could read it that says it all. Now democrats own it.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
OK lets define a QUOTE for you. a quote means thats EXACTLY what that person said. Google your "qoute". Let me help you-put the quotes around it.
Which is WHY I did not QUOTE ANYTHING....you need to learn when you need to quote...

Quote:
Heres what was actually said:
“We were able to get it done in part because of grass-roots folks like you that fought so hard to make sure we were able to deliver on universal health care,â€[LEFT]
Now google that....oh look thats a ACTUAL quote. And that was what I said, that you werent using a quote.

Post 40 in this thread: which is WHAT I quoted and provided you a link to...

Quote:
signed obama....do you feel ignorant or just stupid and misled..no need to answer, it's all 3.

Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan - CBS News
Quote:
"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."

Quote:
I didnt even bother responding further about that, because its poor wording on his part, while its technically universal healthcare thats very inaccurate to put it that way, and he should not have.
Quote:

You cannot respond because you have FAILED...period, end of story...

Quote:
But for Republicans....suddenly thats the reality not the hundreds of times where he indicated it wouldn't cover everyone.
Quote:

How was it sold....provide these links you say are there...if he said it WOULDN'T cover everyone..let's see them...

Quote:
What you're trying to do is called a strawman argument.

If you want to continue to claim that the ACA reduced the number of people insured, feel free. Its a complete lie, but i am done arguing with you.
Providing the link is no straw man argument......unless...well you are greywar....

Old 11-06-2014, 06:32 PM

What part of quote do you not understand?
Here is what you "qouted":
Quote:
I am not changing the the subject, it was as close to UHC, was even sold as all "americans will have insurance, under my plan."
When I call you on that you link to something that says:
Quote:
"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."
Your "quote" wasn't one. That was my point. See the " marks? And its a strawman argument. Maybe you should look that up too as you don't seem to know what that means either.

And who thought the ACA was going to cover everyone? Come on, who was that dumb? Who thought that? Raise your hand!

So when they discussed how much of a reduction it would make in uninsured.....and how many would be covered, and that people could choose to pay a fine rather then be covered........who heard all that and thought "OMG everyones covered!"

Old 11-06-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
What part of quote do you not understand?
Here is what you "qouted":

When I call you on that you link to something that says:
O.K. you got me, I ad-lib'd and put quotes around it.....now lets take what I ad-lib'd and what was actually said:

What I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
"americans will have insurance, under my plan."

What obama stated:

Quote:
"My plan begins by covering every American.

Quote:
Your "quote" wasn't one. That was my point. See the " marks? And its a strawman argument. Maybe you should look that up too as you don't seem to know what that means either.
So, tell me what the difference....go ahead, I'll wait...play your BS I DID not do an exact quote....blah blah blah...

Quote:
And who thought the ACA was going to cover everyone? Come on, who was that dumb? Who thought that? Raise your hand!
Many, why do you think you and many people voted for obama?

Quote:
So when they discussed how much of a reduction it would make in uninsured.....and how many would be covered, and that people could choose to pay a fine rather then be covered........who heard all that and thought "OMG everyones covered!"
Many because what did obama say?

Here, again:

Quote:
Now here is the link:

Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies