Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Maybe Tim Scott disagrees with the Black caucus and how they approach the issues today? Scott should have the right to do so without being called an Uncle Tom , self hater or accused of turning his back on his people. Who says the black caucus is the only voice for black Americans? Did the black people of the United States have their own election and declare that the Black Caucus is their voice and if you don't join you are turning your back on us?

Maybe Scott is a realist. He understands that unless he capitualates completely and submits to the black caucus, they will always treat him like the outsider. Why should he join the black caucus? Did they support his bid for election? Have they joined him? If not he doesn't owe them squat.
Did i not say in my post that it was his choice to join or not ????

i understand the above post is a rant that mostly has nothing to do with me, but context matters. I never said he has to join.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:39 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Weasel Zippers and Western Journalism scour the internet and find a half a dozen tweets from "supposed" liberals slamming Mia Love. She is just another Republican who will toe the party line. Giver her a couple of months and see if she is the new Allen West.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:26 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Mia Love is entitled to her beliefs and people are wrong to attack her, but this goes both ways. People have done it to the POTUS and the same people who claim to care about this turned a blind eye to it. The other day I had racist remarks made toward me by a Conservative and not a single Conservative cared. If you found this morally wrong, it would cross party lines. The concern is partisan, fake and unbelievable coming from a group of people that condone this behavior all the time, when it's directed the other way.
Well said.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
You're going to see Mia Love go far and become a major player on the national scene. Like RR, she has a background in theater and a belief in individual liberty, which she is fully equipped to communicate.

Her skin tone is neither here nor there. The ideology is what matters. Fast forward 30 years and she will be seen as a transformational figure.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did i not say in my post that it was his choice to join or not ????

i understand the above post is a rant that mostly has nothing to do with me, but context matters. I never said he has to join.
I never said that you did. However your post was about him not joining the black caucus.

My point is that many are making such statements. many libs claim to be down with minorities, but only those who behave the way Libs want them to. In short many libs demand that blacks play the victim card and if a black person doesn't, that means he hates his own race.
The many twitter posts and quite honestly the slanderous comments made about any black man who is republican bears this out.
Mr. Scott came from very humble beginnings. He has much to be proud of, he is after all an American success story. I would go as far to say a role model. Yet instead of celebrating his success, in spite of the challenges he has faced, many demonize him, and it isn't those on the right doing it...
I wouldn't join a white caucus just because I am white, nor would I believe myself to be a traitor to my race, or turning my back on my race. I would consider myself to be an independent thinker.
Who knows. Perhaps the black caucus made it a point to give him the cold shoulder, or let be known that he was welcome among their ranks? We all know politics is like that.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:33 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Weasel Zippers and Western Journalism scour the internet and find a half a dozen tweets from "supposed" liberals slamming Mia Love. She is just another Republican who will toe the party line. Giver her a couple of months and see if she is the new Allen West.
Don't have to "scour the internet". Just wait 24 hours and the liberals supply all that are needed.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Because no one has ever attacked president Obama because of his race.
Yet some people excuse the attack on Ms Love and her race while decrying any mention of Obamas race. Typical hypocrital action.

Let me ask all of you liberals, when describing Obama is it the first or second sentence that you mention his race?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
pointing out that someone is being a hypocrite negates their point ?????

Yes, in so far as their attempt to make a valid point.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:08 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm going to nitpick you just a bit. I really do hate that phrase. Mia Love is a credit, period. I wish race wasn't included there. That's the whole point of the GOP. We don't care what race you are. We care about what you stand for, who you are as a person, and how you conduct yourself.
You and me both.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So go find some recent racists posts about Mia Love.

Here is Mia Loves Face Book Page. Let me know when you find a liberal posting on it.

https://www.facebook.com/miablove
Not the same at all. She can remove racist and derogatory posts from her own flipping FB page. She doesn't have the ability to that with Twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies