Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Midterm election didn't change this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 09:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Some of them speak Chinese and that will be helpful when the Government turns over the USA property deed and introduces you to your new boss.
I would think many have higher incomes and would have been voting GOP for sometime.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:15 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What is a "natural conservative?"

If someone is a natural conservative and they aren't voting that way then does that make them stupid?

Why wouldn't a natural conservative already be voting conservative if that's what they naturally are?

There is no such thing as a natural predilection for a political stance. You vote based on your life experiences.
Science refutes your claim. People do have natural tendencies which are largely genetic in origin.

Can Your Genes Predict Whether You'll Be a Conservative or a Liberal? - The Atlantic

Biology and political orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-07-2014, 10:35 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It's commonly said that Asians are natural conservatives, so it has been a constant wonder why more don't vote that way. In 2012, Democrats got over 70 percent of the Asian vote, but only 52 percent this year. Republicans got 48 percent of the Asian vote. And Asian percentage of the total vote went unchanged from 2012.

Asians may be the swing vote that Republicans have been seeking. The Republicans haven't seen such a high vote percentage from any other major minority group.

3 Charts Show How America Voted in This Year's Midterm Elections - Mic
You mean 18% of Asians are getting dumber.

What kind of an idiot votes for a political party that blocks middle class tax cuts, and at the same time fights for tax cuts for the rich?

GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor

What kind of an idiot votes for a political party that created America's national debt, because they decreased government revenues, by giving tax cuts to the rich (or supply side economics as Reagan called it.)
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

What kind of an idiot votes for a political party who says they are lowering taxes for everyone, and then gives the richest 1% of Americans 52% of their tax cuts, and the middle class 9% of their tax cuts?
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

People can't talk about Asian people being (so) smart anymore!!

Last edited by chad3; 11-07-2014 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-08-2014, 01:10 AM

501 posts, read 361,841 times
Quote:
Asians are unlikely to be "natural conservatives" if we are bringing genetics into this.
A BBC poll found that pluralities in the major Asian nations (with the sole exception of Pakistan) wanted Obama to defeat Romney in 2012.

GlobeScan - Global Poll: Obama Overwhelmingly Preferred to Romney

South Koreans preferred Obama over Romney about 6 to 1, in Japan, China, Maylasia and India were all nearly 3 to 1 in favor of Obama. In Indonesia, 59 to 3 (I assume we are including Pacific Islanders as Asians)

The number of Asian Americans is a tiny percentage of the number of Asians in these mentioned countries, so the global genetic pool overwhelmingly favored Obama

Last edited by shihku7; 11-08-2014 at 01:18 AM..

Old 11-08-2014, 01:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Asians tend to be very analytical. They don't work on emotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They are very intelligent.
They also live in houses, eat food and drink water.

Great observations fellas. SMH (beam me up Scotty)

Old 11-08-2014, 08:09 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
As a whole, I think Asians are too intelligent to buy the GOP brand. They can see it is mostly a snowjob that uses fear to get people to vote against their interests and protect corporate power.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Careful...you're gonna slip up.

If they're so smart and are "natural conservatives," why haven't they been voting overwhelmingly conservative?

Be careful about your answer.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Asians are unlikely to be "natural conservatives" if we are bringing genetics into this.
A BBC poll found that pluralities in the major Asian nations (with the sole exception of Pakistan) wanted Obama to defeat Romney in 2012.

GlobeScan - Global Poll: Obama Overwhelmingly Preferred to Romney

South Koreans preferred Obama over Romney about 6 to 1, in Japan, China, Maylasia and India were all nearly 3 to 1 in favor of Obama. In Indonesia, 59 to 3 (I assume we are including Pacific Islanders as Asians)

The number of Asian Americans is a tiny percentage of the number of Asians in these mentioned countries, so the global genetic pool overwhelmingly favored Obama

I doubt there is anything genetic about it. The vast majority of people around the world prefer Democratic to GOP policies. And I am not just talking about our enemies. Virtually all, except perhaps the Israeli Likud Party and some English or Australian conservatives, think our GOP wing is front for corporate plunderers, and a voice for a unique subset of shockingly ignorant Americans who are not very well educated (by modern global standards), and rarely travel or learn another language, yet feel they are annointed by God to swagger around the world stage and bask in their own self-satisfaction. Asians, and most other people, find that frightening and a bit shocking.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I'm married to an Asian. Trying to classify people based on them being Asian is like classifying whites based on them being White. Asians from Thailand are completely different than Asians from China. Japanese are completely different from both Thai and Chinese.
Speaking for my wife who is Thai, she is quite conservative politically and how she dresses. Never loud in public or rude. To her home and family are her priority. She has a work ethic second to none and very intelligent. She is a good representative of her homeland. That said Thais love bright colors on their homes, are deeply committed to their faith, their king and family. They are proudly independent and driven to own their own business. My wife reflects this in her choices for our landscaping. LOL
In short My wife is very Thai and unique like all people. She votes more conservative than I do by a lot. She doesn't think much of Obama and as legal immigrant, now a citizen, is quite frustrated with the democrats drive to reward illegals.
Things that surprised her about the USA?
Why do our old people have to work? Why don't they live with their children? In Thailand it is considered an honor and a duty to care for your parents.
Why do children run around malls unattended? I have no answer for that. It didn't used to be so.
Another shock for her was the poor work ethic of younger people where she works. The foul language also bothers her.
American politics baffles her. LOL I tell her baffles us too. In Thailand there is less attempt to hide the elitist attitudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies