Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 10:11 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,766,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Let me give you a quick example of racism.

When 90% of black people voting Democrat is interpreted as blacks being too stupid to know what is best for them. Even if one believes that it is stupid for anyone to vote for Democrats....the fact that 90% of blacks do but only about 45% of whites do implies, from the premise, that blacks are more stupid than whites.
No, not more stupid, just more racist. Honestly blacks spend a lot more time thinking about their skin color than whites spend thinking about black's skin color.

Also I think your numbers are off, I believe Obama was getting around 96-98% of the black vote. No racism there...

Quote:
It's when a person believes in an ideology or mantra that says that poor people are poor mostly because of internal flaws, or inferior traits, relative to people who are more successful. In other words, people are poor because they are not smart like the more successful people and therefor they make poor choices. They are not as responsible as successful people. They do not have the work ethic of successful people...etc. When one harbors this ideology, believes and preaches it....then what does that mean they think about black poverty being 3 times that of whites? One cannot hold onto those ideals about people in general, without concluding consciously or subconsciously that blacks are inferior to whites because we are poorer than whites on a per capita basis.
You just tried to equate socioeconomic status with skin pigmentation. The main reasons black poverty is so much higher than white poverty is well documented, no need to blame it on racist whites.

So if I think a white person is poor because they keep doing poor people things, then I can only be racist if I'm black, correct?

Racism exists. It always will. There is nothing you can do about it until we prosecute thought crimes and control human thought. Would you be willing to go there to eliminate racism?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:26 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,791,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Honestly blacks spend a lot more time thinking about their skin color than whites spend thinking about black's skin color.
And that's a fact because YOU say it, right?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,641,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
No, not more stupid, just more racist. Honestly blacks spend a lot more time thinking about their skin color than whites spend thinking about black's skin color.

Also I think your numbers are off, I believe Obama was getting around 96-98% of the black vote. No racism there...

You just tried to equate socioeconomic status with skin pigmentation. The main reasons black poverty is so much higher than white poverty is well documented, no need to blame it on racist whites.

So if I think a white person is poor because they keep doing poor people things, then I can only be racist if I'm black, correct?

Racism exists. It always will. There is nothing you can do about it until we prosecute thought crimes and control human thought. Would you be willing to go there to eliminate racism?
You see.....I cannot help but to conclude that you are either racist by intent or you are a staunch idealist who ends up being a racist in effect. This is predicated upon the assumption that you are not stupid.

First, you know good and dam well that black people did not start voting for Democrats in high percentages when Obama came along. Yes, the percentage increased from about 89% to the mid 90's in the Obama era, but it is disingenuous and a lie to challenge my assertion suggesting that blacks are voting based upon color. Also, if such were true then what percentage of blacks is South Carolina voted for the new Republican Senator? No....since you got that SO WRONG...the question is WHY? Why did you get that so wrong assuming you are intelligent? I have to either question your intelligence or question whether you are a racist....or both. Again, maybe you are so obsessed with the mantra of conservatism that you are not willing to grant exceptions and hence try to force a conservative explanation where it just does not fit. You see, I am trying to look for other explanations why people like you keep getting simple things so wrong....other than assuming you are racist. You write as if you have enough education not to be stupid...so low IQ does not seem to be at the root of your poor and fallacious reasoning.

Secondly, everything is the way it is for a reason. If the reason black poverty is higher than white poverty is well documented......I am not aware of the documentation. The symptoms of black poverty I am well aware of the documentation on that....but not the root cause. The thing is......you did not share the documentation/explanation for a reason. You are smart enough not to do too much explaining, because racism is not revealed by making observations, rather, its revealed IN THE EXPLANATIONS!!! If you want to know what a person believes......its revealed in how they explain things. Hence, racist SHY FROM EXPLANATIONS, to prevent detection, and hence rely on OBSERVATION, while attempting to discredit other EXPLANATIONS and through the process of elimination only leaving the racist explanation(racial inferiority/white supremacy over blacks) as the remaining option. Pretty devious. In short, people like you do not offer an explanation, you just dissent against all other explanations that are not racist. The reason that you give for not wanting to give your explanation is that people like me will play the racism card.....when you never used the "N" word....

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-08-2014 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 07:53 PM

801 posts, read 1,099,566 times
Default Disagree on technical terms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No, the true racists are the ones who are actually... you know... RACIST.

Either way, I get sick of it.
I'm sick of it too, but you'll never get them to relent from playing the race card (note that I used their expression, not yours) although I get where you are coming from, I have to dissent from the "reverse" part of the expression. Attaching that qualifier concedes credence to the root expression. The root expression 'playing the race card' is an abusive, racial bullying tactic meant to deny the claims of the target - the same as your phrase defines the behavior. It is a means of inflicting psychological abuse on the target of one's racial hostility. In any context of bullying, whether in the schoolyard or at work, denying the victim's reality in which they are experiencing abuse is a powerful bullying tool.

In institutions, it is the administrative or managerial apparatus that employs this bullying tactic of denying the victim's claims.

The person who asserts that racism is an operant is not playing the race card - we know that, of course - and so do they although they wage psychological war by denying it. The bullies in society who deny that person's reality are really the ones playing the race card.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,279,942 times
Quote:
I would like to coin a new phrase for debate and that new phrase is called “Reverse race carding”. Let me define reverse race carding. Reverse race carding is the attempt to mitigate or dismiss the existence and or influence of race and racism, by suggesting that those making a claim of racism are doing so erroneously and disingenuously to gain some sort of an advantage or as an excuse by playing the “race card”.

The impact of reverse race carding is to facilitate, whether via intent or coincidence, racism by suggesting that most claims of racism are false and that those making the claims do so disingenuously. The goal of using the phrase is to put those pointing out racism (the race carders) on the defensive by making the claimers seem like the morally deviant entity that is the real problem, in order to intimidate or ostracize them into silence so that they will not expose racism.
The truth is that racism does not disappear in one generation, and we should all realize that. Just read Colin Powell's book and his account of how he had to pick up his carry out food at the back door of the restaurant as a young Army officer.

If you deny a problem you can't solve it.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,796,413 times
The most obvious racism during Obama's two Presidential elections was not in the general election but in the Democratic Primary in 2008. It was Obama's overwhelming victory margins among black voters that paved his way to the Democratic nomination. African-Americans just like Irish, Italian and Jewish Americans before them tend to vote for their own at a higher percentage than WASP's tend to vote for their own. It is human nature for persecuted groups to act on such a manner.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:40 AM

29,410 posts, read 16,308,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The most obvious racism during Obama's two Presidential elections was not in the general election but in the Democratic Primary in 2008. It was Obama's overwhelming victory margins among black voters that paved his way to the Democratic nomination. African-Americans just like Irish, Italian and Jewish Americans before them tend to vote for their own at a higher percentage than WASP's tend to vote for their own. It is human nature for persecuted groups to act on such a manner.
How is that obvious racism ?????

Did you go out and ask black people why they voted for Barack Obama in the primaries ?????

Heck, half the Black Caucus actually supported Hillary Clinton Over President Obama.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,796,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is that obvious racism ?????

Did you go out and ask black people why they voted for Barack Obama in the primaries ?????

Heck, half the Black Caucus actually supported Hillary Clinton Over President Obama.
Numbers do not lie. Obama won the nomination despite losing both the Hispanic and white vote.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:06 AM

58,512 posts, read 26,813,714 times
Quote:
I would like to coin a new phrase for debate and that new phrase is called “Reverse race carding”. Let me define reverse race carding. Reverse race carding is the attempt to mitigate or dismiss the existence and or influence of race and racism, by suggesting that those making a claim of racism are doing so erroneously and disingenuously to gain some sort of an advantage or as an excuse by playing the “race card”.

The impact of reverse race carding is to facilitate, whether via intent or coincidence, racism by suggesting that most claims of racism are false and that those making the claims do so disingenuously. The goal of using the phrase is to put those pointing out racism (the race carders) on the defensive by making the claimers seem like the morally deviant entity that is the real problem, in order to intimidate or ostracize them into silence so that they will not expose racism.
There is NO such thing as 'reverse racism".

Old 11-10-2014, 07:46 AM

13,612 posts, read 20,667,679 times
Quote:

Sorry, but I don't see it as catching on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies