Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 11:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So ... ummm ... where is your cave located?

Thought you said you were self employed. Don't you pay taxes on income from that? Don't tell me you work under the table and pay no income taxes.
Well I'm sure if he's going to the Supreme Court about something they will notice if he's never even paid taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
So ... ummm ... where is your cave located?

Thought you said you were self employed. Don't you pay taxes on income from that? Don't tell me you work under the table and pay no income taxes.
The businesses grow wealth, not income.. No need to generate income and subject onself to taxes if there isnt a need to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Since you have no income and pay no taxes, ACA has zero impact on you. That's completely on you.
So what? The fact that it doesnt have an impact on me doesnt mean its good policy. I'd have to be a compelte ahole to ignore that tens of millions of americans are affected, and not in a good way so that about 5 million could have insurance that didnt previously. And to think its only going to cost ONE TRILLION DOLLARS over a 10 year period.. yeah, that works out to about $16K PER PERSON PER YEAR.. and you think thats cost effective.. Dumb
Quote:
Well I'm sure if he's going to the Supreme Court about something they will notice if he's never even paid taxes.
I've been audited twice in the last 6 years.. never had a problem.. How about you

Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Medicare and Medicaid have always been the primary drivers in keeping the cost of healthcare down. Health care and insurance companies have no interest in containing or lowering cost to the consumer.

Well don't go to the big city because the three card Monte guy is gonna take all your money...

Congress Announced a Doc Fix. What's a Doc Fix Again? - Businessweek

Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The businesses grow wealth, not income.. No need to generate income and subject onself to taxes if there isnt a need to

So what? The fact that it doesnt have an impact on me doesnt mean its good policy. I'd have to be a compelte ahole to ignore that tens of millions of americans are affected, and not in a good way so that about 5 million could have insurance that didnt previously. And to think its only going to cost ONE TRILLION DOLLARS over a 10 year period.. yeah, that works out to about $16K PER PERSON PER YEAR.. and you think thats cost effective.. Dumb

I've been audited twice in the last 6 years.. never had a problem.. How about you

I would imagine there's not much to audit since you don't pay anything. And since you pay no taxes, but travel on the roads my taxes pay for, well I'll let you choose the slang but the one you suggested works.

You have no stake in this. And yet, I'm sure if you get sick, you will expect someone to help you.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:

So what? The fact that it doesnt have an impact on me doesnt mean its good policy..

Just a moment. Sure the businesses may grow wealth. But you don't take one cent from the business? Not one? Exactly what do you live on?

Old 11-09-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Just a moment. Sure the businesses may grow wealth. But you don't take one cent from the business? Not one? Exactly what do you live on?
Righteous indignation. It's yummy.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I would imagine there's not much to audit since you don't pay anything.
Complete ignorance at its finest.. They audit gross income, not net.. In fact my tax return last year was nearly 200 pages long, there is plenty to audit
Quote:
And since you pay no taxes, but travel on the roads my taxes pay for, well I'll let you choose the slang but the one you suggested works.
Ahh poor baby, got confused again by the discussion taking place, which is federal taxes, vs local taxes....
Quote:
You have no stake in this. And yet, I'm sure if you get sick, you will expect someone to help you.
I had catastrophic insurance pre ACA, which was cancelled. I'm one of the many who LOST insurance due to ACA.. dont stand here and give me bull crap when you cant even determine the difference between federal and local taxes..

Old 11-09-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Nope.. we borrow against the net growth in value and borrowed money isnt taxable..

Old 11-09-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I had catastrophic insurance pre ACA, which was cancelled. I'm one of the many who LOST insurance due to ACA.. dont stand here and give me bull crap when you cant even determine the difference between federal and local taxes..
Catastrophic? See, you needed a better plan. One that includes therapy.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Catastrophic? See, you needed a better plan. One that includes therapy.
And here we have the intelligence level of liberals.. If you dont benefit from it, then clearly no one else can... There is much to be said about having a caastrophic plan, just because you cant afford one doesnt mean others cant either..

You just proved the point many others have about how government and people like you, think you are in a better position to determine whats in other peoples best interest, people you dont even know..

Thats hell of a god complex you have there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies