Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Lefties said they never would..

The argument is that some of the subsidies are illegal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 11:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Good, hopefully they will put the hammer down on Obamacare and someone can then come up with something sane that actually will work.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:43 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Good, hopefully they will put the hammer down on Obamacare and someone can then come up with something sane that actually will work.
They need to sit down and really think about it and talk to doctors and average citizens who represent their districts. Healthcare is a big business, an important one, and we don't need it corrupted by the government.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:48 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They need to sit down and really think about it and talk to doctors and average citizens who represent their districts. Healthcare is a big business, an important one, and we don't need it corrupted by the government.
Corrupted by government? What do you think MEDICARE, which millions of Seniors rely, is? GOVERNMENT. Do you favor Paul Ryan's plan for vouchers too for profit Insurance companies for this too? Everything in our society must be PROFIT oriented?

Old 11-07-2014, 11:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
This may be a case of the dog catching the car. I can guarantee you that if the GOP successfully kills Obamacare, they will be forever saddled as taking healthcare away from the lower and middle class. They've worked hard to do it. They say healthcare is a privilege, not a right yet the ones making the decisions get government health care for life.

I lived in Boston during the time Mitt Romney was governor. Trust me when I say Obamacare is Romneycare. And Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich were on every channel touting that Mitt Romney's plan was the GOP plan for the country after they killed attempts for Hillarycare. This is 100% pure politics. The GOP has no interest in healthcare for the country.

Tort reform already exists in many states and does absolutely nothing to lower the cost of healthcare. Texas has tort reform and it has one of the highest uninsured rates in the country.

This election was primarily decided by old people Where Are the Millennials? Midterm Voters Skew Old - NBC News

Isn't it nice the old people on Medicare get to vote away health care for those younger than they are?

Isn't it nice that the politicians working so hard to take away healthcare, get paid healthcare for life? It is rich with irony and hypocrisy.

I live in Washington State. If the Republicans are successful at killing Obamacare, I hope we come up with our own plan. And anyone moving to Washington State has to live there five years to qualify to be on our plan.

And if these old voters really think government healthcare (which Obamacare isn't) is so evil, let's see them give up Medicare.

When Medicare began in 1965, no one had paid a penny into it. The first beneficiaries just automatically qualified by virtue of their age. So don't tell me how all Medicare beneficiaries earned it. They didn't.

Democrats didn't vote in the numbers they should have this year. Yes, the GOP is trying to make it hard to vote, so make it impossible for them to take it from you. Sure 2016 is likely a different voting field but we have to put up with two years of the GOP.

I have good health care. But I believe in national healthcare. I am willing to pay an increase in taxes to know everyone can get treatment when they get sick. Health insurance is not like car insurance. If you can't drive, you can take the bus. If you get sick, that's it, you're done.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:49 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
This will make for some interesting politics. If the Supremes decide the way the plaintiffs want, then the new Republican Congress will be in the position of taking insurance subsidies (and insurance) away from millions of working Americans costing them billions. And all in the heat of the campaing for 2016. What a fine mess you've got us into.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Corrupted by government? What do you think MEDICARE, which millions of Seniors rely, is? GOVERNMENT. Do you favor Paul Ryan's plan for vouchers too for profit Insurance companies for this too? Everything in our society must be PROFIT oriented?
Medicare and Medicaid are alreayd "for profit" oriented..

Thats why the government contracts much of it out to the private sector..

oh, you didnt know that.. but stood here and embarassed yourself high 5ng government while waaa waaang against companies who service the same individuals..

Old 11-07-2014, 11:53 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
More bureaucracy is corruption to me, sorry. There has to be a better way than government take over of the entire healthcare system. I've been affected by it and not in a good way.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This will make for some interesting politics. If the Supremes decide the way the plaintiffs want, then the new Republican Congress will be in the position of taking insurance subsidies (and insurance) away from millions of working Americans costing them billions. And all in the heat of the campaing for 2016. What a fine mess you've got us into.
Because fixing the bill, isnt an option..

Old 11-07-2014, 11:55 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
If this is the way it reads to me so far, what this means is states that have their own exchange (like Washington State), are fine. It's the states that chose not to create their own exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies