Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Truly wonderful news! Look for even more states to implement Right to Work laws. We can now implement voter ID laws in the states that matter. The Dems are completely decimated in the South and states like AR and WV, typically democrat states re; local elections, are moving toward the Red column.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 07:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Are there really any Democrats left in the USA?
Obama took over the party and they are now the Obama Party.

The Carnage is great and not good for the Country. Obama's Transform America has not worked out so well for what used to be known as "Democrats".

Old 11-08-2014, 07:24 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
I hate to break the news but the Republicans aren't much better. Obamacare afterall was a sequel to Romneycare, and there's a rightwing faction of the Republican Party I just hope to goodness doesn't lead us into 2 more wars.
"I just hope to goodness doesn't lead us into 2 more wars."

PSST, your beloved dems CO-SPOSORED AND VOTED FOR THE BILL GIVING BUSH THE AUTHORITY.

I just LOVE how so many with BDS ignore this FACT.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
By the way, most states have GOP legislatures because they are regressive hellholes. GOP gerrymanders like silly once elected into office. Those states will be GOP for decades.

My home state of New York just lost its Assembly veto-proof supermajority for Democrats. Republicans have a narrow majority in the State Senate. New York has been trending bluer over the last 30 years. Most of our red Senators are long-standing incumbents.
"GOP gerrymanders like silly once elected into office" Want some cheese with that whine?

The repubs only fixed the screwed up districts that the dems CREATED with 40 UNINTERRUPTED YEARS OF CONTROL OF THE HOUSE.

Unless you believe the dems did NOT draw the district to benefit themselves.

I take it back. Of COURSE you don't believe the dems ever did such a thing.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Massachusetts, a state which now has a new GOP governor taking office, is a good example.......right?
Don't ignore MD.

Mass and Md, the "Blues Bros's"

Old 11-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He blamed the voters. There was a film clip that I accidentally saw (I avoid watching the idiot so I wouldn't smash the TV) where He said "To the one third of the voters that voted, I hear you, to the two thirds voters that didn't vote, I hear you too." His narcissism just wouldn't let Him accept that His policies are no good and He was soundly slapped down.
He first said it was due to "bad messaging".

I almost spit out when THAT line came out.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Are there really any Democrats left in the USA?
Obama took over the party and they are now the Obama Party.

The Carnage is great and not good for the Country. Obama's Transform America has not worked out so well for what used to be known as "Democrats".

I hear you! Today's democrats are NOT your grandfather's democrats. At one time democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either being displaced in the workforce or had their wages depressed due to illegal immigration. And those democrats of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty. They also never would have tolerated Americans losing their jobs to H1-B visa holders either.

Today's democrats fight tooth and nail to put illegal aliens and work visa holders ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans---and that's a disgrace.

The sad thing is that too many low information voters don't realize that today's democrats are screwing over Americans.

All that said, I would vote for a bluedog democrat (because they are the ones who remember what democrats used to stand for) over a RINO.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Truly wonderful news! Look for even more states to implement Right to Work laws. We can now implement voter ID laws in the states that matter. The Dems are completely decimated in the South and states like AR and WV, typically democrat states re; local elections, are moving toward the Red column.
"states like AR and WV, typically democrat states re; local elections, are moving toward the Red column."

I believe I read where Arkansas doesn't have 1 single dem in the state legislature.

“The state’s Republicans have traditionally failed to produce politicians that Arkansas would elect,” he wrote. “The Democratic party, as a result, has thrived on a sort of perpetual motion.”

"That perpetual motion came to an end Tuesday night. Voters chose Republican Tom Cotton over Pryor, and for the first time in 141 years, there will be no Democrats in Arkansas’ congressional delegation. Republicans also won the gubernatorial race and every other statewide race."

Republicans now have every congressional seat for Arkansas for the first time in 141 years - The Washington Post

Moving? I think the move is complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies