Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You are right, a gun is a tool, one I would use to protect myself. My Arthritis has taken away my strength and the ability to defend myself. I would never hurt someone unless my life, family or property were under attack.
Attachment 139099
Finally, someone who gets it in this thread. I was beginning to wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A hammer and a gun are made from the same materials
The gun is nothing, without gunpowder or black powder..
And both are just tools.

Quote:
If the government can have and do it, why can you not? Isn't government We The People.

What makes government above the people?
I guess you could try and go purchase some nuclear weapons, but my guess is the government won't let you get very far with that.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:16 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I know people say Jesus "saves" and "helps" them too. When there is nothing negative one has to say about something, it is a sign that they worship what that thing is. In this case we see an OP create a thread to worship guns and how they "save" and "help" people.
LOL...there you go again....your interperatation of what you think the OP is saying..."worship."

You have fun with your "tool" and I'll have fun with my gun....

BTW...when you borrow a gun, you don't go up to your buddy and say, hey, let me borrow some of your tools....no, you say, let me borrow your gun....

If i need to borrow tools, I ask my buddy if I can borrow his tools....and then he takes me to his tool box....

Old 11-10-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...there you go again....your interperatation of what you think the OP is saying..."worship."

You have fun with your "tool" and I'll have fun with my gun....

BTW...when you borrow a gun, you don't go up to your buddy and say, hey, let me borrow some of your tools....no, you say, let me borrow your gun....

If i need to borrow tools, I ask my buddy if I can borrow his tools....and then he takes me to his tool box....
When I need a hammer from a buddy, I also don't say can I borrow a tool, I say can I borrow a hammer because it is the name of a specific tool. The same thing is true with a gun, that is just the name of a specific tool.

Heck, you would call a nail gun a tool, yet you don't think a gun is a tool?

Old 11-10-2014, 09:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
And both are just tools.

I guess you could try and go purchase some nuclear weapons, but my guess is the government won't let you get very far with that.

If I'm truly free, why won't the government let me own them. Is it the amount of lives lost, or is it that a weapon like that, is used in offensive tactics and revenge only and not to defend a nation, from attack.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
If I'm truly free, why won't the government let me own them. Is it the amount of lives lost, or is it that a weapon like that, is used in offensive tactics and revenge only and not to defend a nation, from attack.
You know exactly why the government doesn't want its own citizens to own things like nuclear arms, therefore there will always be a limitation on the types of arms you are allowed to own.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Yet we keep seeing threads about how great guns are and how they "save" lives and "help" people when the reality is they are just a tool.
Even the dumbest person would not equate what you say to "worship".

Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Even the dumbest person would not equate what you say to "worship".
Yet people say Jesus "saves" and "helps" people and show no sign of anything negative to say about him, much like we see some in here when it comes to gun.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:41 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
When I need a hammer from a buddy, I also don't say can I borrow a tool, I say can I borrow a hammer because it is the name of a specific tool. The same thing is true with a gun, that is just the name of a specific tool.

Heck, you would call a nail gun a tool, yet you don't think a gun is a tool?
your play on words is pretty amazing....have a great day...with your tool...

Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
your play on words is pretty amazing....have a great day...with your tool...
It isn't a play on words at all, it is just being honest, why can't you admit that a gun is a tool? That seems like such an odd thing for you to deny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies