Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yep. And if people need an example...

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions
I read somewhere that the average American woman has a waistline of 33 inches! Damn, that is about the size of my HIPS. Actually, as a young woman my waistline was 23 inches. Well, is adding 2 inches over 40 years really that BAD? Not going to go on about Vanity Sizing, but 40 years ago I was a size 5 and today I am a size 0. Oh, lost so much weight? ROFL If I lost that much weight, I would have been DEAD a long time ago.

Again, they are INSANE today with all their Wellness/Preventative c--p, and "one size fits all". How about cutting those of us who have survived 65+ years some slack? Maybe we are doing SOMETHING right despite what medicine says today?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I have met millenials who think as long as they don't smoke they'll never die.
Few think they are going to die when they are young. It has nothing to do with "millenials".

As far as the topic goes, there were many not fooled and have been noting the problems with this mess called Obamacare. Obamacare like Hillarycare has set a real workable program back decades. It's going to be many years before anyone is trusted to address healthcare again.

People thought they could trust Obama. Yes, that is where they were stupid.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:35 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
A few months ago I had a full-time job and was on my employer's plan. The monthly premium was $500.

After I left the job I am on ACA Silver plan, my monthly premium is around $220, and the deductible is $0. $35 co-pay.

My ACA plan appears to be superior to my ex- employer's plan. Lower premium, no deductible, just plain better.
I want to make sure that your understanding of something is crystal clear.

Insurance costs more when purchased by an employer. A LOT more.

Below are two different quotes for the same insurance policy. The first one is if I bought the policy myself. The second is if I bought it as an employer. This isn't some cherry picked policy, either - this was (at the time) the lowest cost ACA compliant policy available in Nevada.

Yes, you read that right. The EXACT SAME POLICY costs more than THREE TIMES AS MUCH when purchased through a business.

Remember that price difference the next time you want to claim that your privately purchased policy is better than your employer provided policy, in large part because of the price difference.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I am surprised such low brow language was used at an academic conference.
Why? The only people that think that academic types are better, smarter or more professional than "normal" people are academic types.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Gruber was also a Romneycare architect, according to conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin.

Apparently Gruber was the 2nd guy most responsible for Mitt Romney's "RomneyCare" plan. Romney being #1.

Source:Jennifer Rubin's conservative blog "Right Turn"
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: RomneyCare author Jonathan Gruber - Right Turn - The Washington Post

[MOD CUT/copyright]

See also: Avik Roy's article on Gruber from 2011: Romney Is "Lying"; Romneycare and Obamacare Are "The Same F***ing Bill"
Gruber: Romney Is "Lying"; Romneycare and Obamacare Are "The Same F***ing Bill" - Forbes

Avik Roy describes Gruber as a "Obamneycare" architect, in other words, Romneycare and Obamacare architect. Note that this article was written before Romney won the GOP nomination.

This guy is either Democrat Jesus or Republican Anti-Christ!

PBS Frontline interview with Gruber
The FRONTLINE Interview: Jonathan Gruber | The Choice 2012 | FRONTLINE | PBS

Says that Arnold Scwarzanegger wanted to implement Gruber's "Romneycare" in California too.
So?

I have a newsflash for you - nobody cares about Romneycare, except the people in Massachusetts and the leftists that try to use it to defend the atrocity known as Obamacare. It is a STATE law, and STATES can do pretty much whatever they please. The issue with Obamacare was FEDERAL overreach. If you're not capable of understanding the difference, which I suspect you're not or I wouldn't be writing this reply, then I suggest you read up on the topic. You should start with The Constitution of the United States, and pay particularly close attention to the 10th Amendment.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So?

I have a newsflash for you - nobody cares about Romneycare, except the people in Massachusetts and the leftists that try to use it to defend the atrocity known as Obamacare. It is a STATE law, and STATES can do pretty much whatever they please. The issue with Obamacare was FEDERAL overreach. If you're not capable of understanding the difference, which I suspect you're not or I wouldn't be writing this reply, then I suggest you read up on the topic. You should start with The Constitution of the United States, and pay particularly close attention to the 10th Amendment.
So? It goes to further the argument of those like myself that argued that Romney was nothing more than the same old, same old.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:57 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Most of us knew from the start that we were being lied to.
What raises my blood pressure, when listening to Gruber
is his colossal arrogance. He is giddy with pride having
put one over on the stupid voters.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:13 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So? It goes to further the argument of those like myself that argued that Romney was nothing more than the same old, same old.
Do those like yourself think there would gave been a national Romneycare if he'd been elected ? On some very big things, Romney, Obama, no big difference. But this canard that the parties and their candidates are the same is malarkey.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:21 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,206 times
Know what really riles up most of my friends and I? His outright delight in telling the conference that the designers of Obamacare fooled and lied to the American people. I knew it at the time, or at least I strongly suspected that they were lying. Yet, so many Lib airheads (yeah, stupid I guess you could say) bought it hook, line and sinker. In fact, they belittled anyone who didn't buy into the Obama propaganda about healthcare.

At the time Obama was trying to sell it to us, I wondered "hmmm, just how can he promise every family will save $2500 a year on health care AND be able to keep their own doctors" etc. Anyone with half a brain could see that there was NO way we could suddenly include millions of probably primarily unhealthy uninsured and expect it would not only be affordable, it would be CHEAPER!!!

The other thing that just fries my chicken is that this disgraceful man, Johnathan Gruber, was paid at least a half million dollars for his "expertise" (aka deceipt). He should be tried and punished.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Do those like yourself think there would gave been a national Romneycare if he'd been elected ? On some very big things, Romney, Obama, no big difference. But this canard that the parties and their candidates are the same is malarkey.
Outside of small differences, yes they are the same. Did the (D) think that Obama would be pushing and expanding the wars? No, they argued the same thing you are now.

We already had Obamacare when Romney ran. Romney wasn't going to argue that it's working in Mass when he did it but not Obamacare. He may have been more willing to change some things but we would still have Obamacare today if Romney had won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies