Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 05:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
See, this is what I don't understand. You have his exact words in front of you and you still can't comprehend what he means.

The real translation is: If you are healthy your premiums are going to go up so that sick people aren't charged more.
They said premiums would fall.. not go up..

Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They said premiums would fall.. not go up..
They lied. Even the CBO said that premiums would rise for all but the large group market if Obama's plan was passed. Factcheck called Obama's claim overly optimistic and deceptive.

I don't know what any of this has to do with my comment though.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
They lied. Even the CBO said that premiums would rise for all but the large group market if Obama's plan was passed. Factcheck called Obama's claim overly optimistic and deceptive.

I don't know what any of this has to do with my comment though.
It has everything to do with your comments. They said by expanding the insurance pool and getting the young to pay, that they would fall..

Then of course they added an adendum to get the under 26 crowd onto their parents policies meaning the young isnt paying to spread out the risk..

The whole bill is a pos...

Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with your comments.
How? I said the real translation is premiums will go up for healthy people so that sick people aren't charged more.

Quote:
They said by expanding the insurance pool and getting the young to pay, that they would fall..

Then of course they added an adendum to get the under 26 crowd onto their parents policies meaning the young isnt paying to spread out the risk..

The whole bill is a pos...
Who cares what they said? Obama lied and the election was 6 years ago.

In theory, if you have more young people paying in you can reduce premiums, but they had a premium limitation which reduces the differential between what a 20yr male would pay and a 60 yr old male would pay. The reduced premium band, in addition to other factors, caused rates to skyrocket on people under 30.

Allowing 26 yr olds to stay on their parent's policy was negligible because most companies allowed that or to 24 anyway, the young don't consume many health services, and companies charge more for adding an additional person.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:52 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
With all due respect, you are dead wrong. You do not pass a major piece of legislation with zero support from one party. Bills are written to be followed and understood by those who have to interpret them. Clearly you think this is a game. You do not pass this nation-changing legislation with zero bi-partisan support when you haven't even read the bill. Bills are NOT written for the purpose of deceiving the people as you suggest. No major bill has to have delays and changes and waivers and restarts like Obama has made to this one. People STILL are not aware of their costs.

This bill was passed for the sole purpose of securing Obama's legacy and everyone knows it. If it is gutted or is going down, it is because of that.

How stupid do you think we are. Obama's own attorneys were arguing to the Supreme Court that it was a tax while the very people that passed it in Congress began talking out of both sides of their mouths, again, to the American people that it was not a tax. It only exists today because the Supremes said it is a tax. Even then this Administration can't get straight. Your leaders are caught time and time and time again in one lie after another. And the American people are just supposed to take it. You are the one who does not get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Your kidding right? no? your serious

Our Democracy was built on the fact that people can't be trusted with important decisions (ahem Electoral College).

I really don't think you get it, at all. This was never for the people, by the people. This has always been thanks for the check, lets dress that pig up.

No politician (republican or democrats) write or author easy to understand simple bills. All bills, legislation, etc. is about not being clear, not being honest, and hiding the reality from people.

wake up, the above is just insight into how bills are written. your smoking something if you think republicans are any different.

And your really smoking something if you thought government wasn't run this way.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
With all due respect, you are dead wrong. You do not pass a major piece of legislation with zero support from one party. Bills are written to be followed and understood by those who have to interpret them. Clearly you think this is a game. You do not pass this nation-changing legislation with zero bi-partisan support when you haven't even read the bill. Bills are NOT written for the purpose of deceiving the people as you suggest. No major bill has to have delays and changes and waivers and restarts like Obama has made to this one. People STILL are not aware of their costs.

This bill was passed for the sole purpose of securing Obama's legacy and everyone knows it. If it is gutted or is going down, it is because of that.

How stupid do you think we are. Obama's own attorneys were arguing to the Supreme Court that it was a tax while the very people that passed it in Congress began talking out of both sides of their mouths, again, to the American people that it was not a tax. It only exists today because the Supremes said it is a tax. Even then this Administration can't get straight. Your leaders are caught time and time and time again in one lie after another. And the American people are just supposed to take it. You are the one who does not get it.
Great post.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
But it was not his job to explain to the public ;just shows he is a liberal Elite. .I mean it was Obama who said you could keep your insurance if you liked it; repeatedly. I didn't hear any democratic correct him either. Republicans once it was available to read called it what it is ;income redistribution.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahhh the way you are quoting there does not represent what I said.

The real problem comes from so many Republican politicians lies. They really seem to lie more then the Democrats, its just that their base does exactly what you are accusing me of. Kinda ironic.

And heres the thing-if a Democrat lies, hey hold them accountable. But try and understand the difference between a lie, a misstatement, and just being wrong. They are all different things.

Every single Republican who ran and won this last election said they were going to repeal Obamacare. Im waiting.
Misstatement: to state incorrectly, give a false account of.

Lie: A lie is an intentionally false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not wholly the truth.

"if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare" <<<<-------LIE

Obama and Democrats LIED about Obamacare to get it passed!

Old 11-14-2014, 08:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But it was not his job to explain to the public ;just shows he is a liberal Elite. .I mean it was Obama who said you could keep your insurance if you liked it; repeatedly. I didn't hear any democratic correct him either. Republicans once it was available to read called it what it is ;income redistribution.
Yep, since Democrats voted for it and got it passed they had to know what was in it. They didn't correct Obama either so Democratic Congress lied to the people.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:36 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, since Democrats voted for it and got it passed they had to know what was in it. They didn't correct Obama either so Democratic Congress lied to the people.

Obama's campaign staff debated telling the truth on keeping doctors and plans if you like them, period.

Of course, we all know they sided on lies and not transparency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies