Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racional View Post
He was in Dallas, giving support to the brave nurses who survived Ebola.

The question is, why wasn't Barack Obama supporting Amber Vinson?

George W. Bush hugs Ebola survivor Amber Vinson - NY Daily News
We have had a number of friends who were recuperating in a military hospital from war wounds that got surprise visits from Bush when he was president and after his presidency had ended (one not too long ago). Everyone of them have talked about what a warm, easy to talk to guy he was, how he honestly seemed to care about their wounds, and genuinely seemed respect them and their sacrifices. I met him once, I told him I didn't like No Child Left Behind. He asked me why, I don't know if he really cared about my opinion, but he sure made me feel like he did. I still hate a lot of his policies, may probably never forgive him for NCLB, but I am a huge fan of the man.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:00 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No,the American people will be the biggest losers in THIS election cycle..Clinton's have more money than the Pope so they will benefit in the GOP takeover financially and then when the GOP screws the goat,the Clinton's will benefit in '16 yet again.

As for GW? I think he wants to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible..he knows what
the American people thought of him as he left office..you could see it on his face inaguaration day
..he finally realize Cheney et al had used him as a dupe..at least he has enough class to stay out of the way now.
This thread was going along good until you showed up and inserted too much incorrect information. If you wish to start a "Bash Bush" thread, there are ways, but if you do, try to be factual rather than what you stated in this post..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
In other words you can't answer the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
This thread was going along good until you showed up and inserted too much incorrect information. If you wish to start a "Bash Bush" thread, there are ways, but if you do, try to be factual rather than what you stated in this post..
The facts are there for all to see from H.W. getting Rove to babysit him from the early days on out..start a thread on it and we'll play.

I have NEVER thought G.W. was a evil person and in fact think he basically is a goodhearted person,just really dumb.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racional View Post
He was in Dallas, giving support to the brave nurses who survived Ebola.

The question is, why wasn't Barack Obama supporting Amber Vinson?

George W. Bush hugs Ebola survivor Amber Vinson - NY Daily News
He already hugged the first nurse for a photo op. On to the next photo op.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

I have NEVER thought G.W. was a evil person and in fact think he basically is a goodhearted person,just really dumb.
He's got that Southern intelligence. He may come off that way but he reads people and relates to people well.
Obama is the opposite. He'll impress you with how smart he is but has no idea how to relate to most of the people.

I'd rather have Bush' common sly sense over Obamas intelligent smugness.
Bush is much like Clinton or Reagan with his folksy ways.

Bush can lead people, Obama can't.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:23 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've noticed Bill Clinton around a lot, even Hillary, and Barack made a few token appearances, but by most standards the failure of leadership in the Democratic Party was a losing strategy to distance themselves from everything the President accomplished while fighting against the most deliberately obstructionist Congress that anyone can remember. The Democrats deserved these losses.

Yet I did not hear a single word from Pres. Bush on the stump, does anyone know if he was out campaigning anywhere for anyone? You would think that a party that marched in lockstep with his Presidency for 8 years would not keep this man locked away for more than 6 years.

George, Where Art Thou?
Bush = Obama, both are detrimental to national politics.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:58 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
6 years later and this man is still toxic.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:59 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He's got that Southern intelligence. He may come off that way but he reads people and relates to people well.
Obama is the opposite. He'll impress you with how smart he is but has no idea how to relate to most of the people.

I'd rather have Bush' common sly sense over Obamas intelligent smugness.
Bush is much like Clinton or Reagan with his folksy ways.

Bush can lead people, Obama can't.
As time has went on and Obama has shown more of himself,I personally do not think he can do ANYTHING,much less lead a nation..he is a huge disappointment.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I agree with most of the comments on Clinton. That man has issues. But W was a patriot and Clinton wasn't?! That sort of self-aggrandizing GOP hogwash always revolts me.

Clinton made it clear about his position on the USA, as did Bush. Hillary is even more of a progressive leftist than Bill.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
W Bush and HW Bush both knew how to fade into the sunset unlike other politicos who keep coming back like a bad rash. I like that about team Bush.
Team Bush? I guess you haven't been watching Darth Cheney lately who cannot seem to keep his mouth shut. Jr kept quit because everyone knows that he is toxic to any campaign. Who would want one of the worst presidents ever campaigning for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies