Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:01 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"

He has all the charm of an un-flushed toilet!
I think we need to flush again... there's still a few of those pesky ones that just won't go down. They just keep floating along, resurfacing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 06:03 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
They failed to defend obamacare due to the amount of money and propaganda that was used during its implementation. I dont think they realized just how much this would affect them. They should have stood and fought the image during the implementation.

Really though it came down in many ways to a confluence of factors, everyones disgusted with the government, far more democrat then senate seats were at risk, and its midterms which favor republicans. 2 years from now its the opposite. If the Republicans can get the image of the senate and congress being functional, they can win again, if not-it will be their turn to be hammered.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:39 AM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I have not been paying much attention to politics lately, but my wife has been telling me that all the Dems were distancing themselves from Obama over the last few month, because of his low popularity, I guess. That just seemed dumb to me. A lot of Democrats still like the guy a lot. I sure do.

So, they threw the Prez under the bus and got creamed. It seems to me that they were pretty spineless. Why not stand behind the achievements of the last six years. Obama has 100x the charisma and effectiveness of the other Democratic leadership. He is not perfect, but if you honestly compare Obama to Bush (the war mongering, tax cutting fool), or Clinton (the lying, sleazeball), he has shown much better governing competence, and class, respectively. He is an intelligent, good man who has had to deal with a hell of a lot, and he has done it very well. The GOP has actively like terrorists most of his Presidency, but he has soldiered on. I respect him, and I am not buying the GOP smear job for a second. The guy has class, and they don't. It is plain as a pig on a sofa. And we are MUCH better off than when he was sworn in.

But back to the Dems. They say rats are the first to leave a sinking ship, but they, but who the hell wants to vote for a rat? They got served what they deserved, IMO.

You are living in la la land if you think that Democrats rallying around Barack "pathological liar" Obama would have helped them Democrats in the 2014 midterms.

Obama did campaign for some politicians and their poll numbers got worse after he appeared and then lost. Brown was up double digits when Obama swung by for him, then the polls narrowed and he lost by 5. Look at all of the other races where Obama showed up - he appears and the polls and results swing to the GOP, Burke, Quinn, Brown, Schauer, etc...

You are looking through the eyes of a true believer. Most Americans have woken up.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 11-09-2014 at 06:50 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 07:07 AM

595 posts, read 368,470 times
Quote:
I have not been paying much attention to politics lately, but my wife has been telling me that all the Dems were distancing themselves from Obama over the last few month, because of his low popularity, I guess. That just seemed dumb to me. A lot of Democrats still like the guy a lot. I sure do.

So, they threw the Prez under the bus and got creamed. It seems to me that they were pretty spineless. Why not stand behind the achievements of the last six years. Obama has 100x the charisma and effectiveness of the other Democratic leadership. He is not perfect, but if you honestly compare Obama to Bush (the war mongering, tax cutting fool), or Clinton (the lying, sleazeball), he has shown much better governing competence, and class, respectively. He is an intelligent, good man who has had to deal with a hell of a lot, and he has done it very well. The GOP has actively like terrorists most of his Presidency, but he has soldiered on. I respect him, and I am not buying the GOP smear job for a second. The guy has class, and they don't. It is plain as a pig on a sofa. And we are MUCH better off than when he was sworn in.

But back to the Dems. They say rats are the first to leave a sinking ship, but they, but who the hell wants to vote for a rat? They got served what they deserved, IMO.
Obama has out Bushed Bush on his foreign policy, and has continued the U.S.'s idiotic foreign policy in the Middle East of needlessly involving the U.S. over there. An example of this is in Libya, Syria, and now the U.S. going back to Iraq for round three.

Reason why a lot of Democrats, especially in heavily conservative states, distanced themselves from the president was for their own self preservation (Mary Landrieu LA, Mark Pryor AR). Not sure why they would partner with him all this time, then dump him besides just wanting to be reelected.

Most politicians are spineless to me, they will say or do anything to stay in their political office no matter what, Democrat or Republican. Regarding Obama I think he is liar, and is more interested in helping his big corporate interests backing him, and not any average joe. While Obama may have some intelligence, foreign policy is not an area that he has it in.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,979 times
Perhaps the better question might be.......Why did obama throw the country under the bus?

There are those on all three sides of the party spectrum (I'm including Independants) that can see the agenda, the blatant dishonesty that spews from this "administration", and the hatred of this country as founded that this current president holds.

Most people can see it now. That's why the dems that actually want a chance at holding office ran away from him. Just like the country as a whole did as well.

CN.......

Old 11-09-2014, 08:52 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,214,216 times
No one threw obama under the bus...he was locked in the whitehouse...

".....the Democrats, Belcher followed fellow CNN commentator and former Obama adviser Stephanie Cutter and complained: "One of the things that's been difficult I know for the White House is quite frankly that they – you all did a very good job of nationalizing the election, which is what we've would have done in the same position. The problem for the White House has been this – arguably the best campaigner our party has was basically locked away in the White House and, in fact, when they were leading attacks against the President, the President was never able to really come out of the White House and defend himself[.]" -

Old 11-09-2014, 09:02 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,817 times
Quote:
You think it's dumb to distance yourself from someone with sinking poll numbers when you're trying to run for office?
Quote:
So, they threw the Prez under the bus and got creamed.
Uh, no. That may be your wishful thinking. The reality is that they got creamed despite throwing the Prez under the bus. Throwing him under the bus did not cause them to get creamed. In 2010 they supported him staunchly, and got creamed even worse than they did in 2014. It's funny how Democrats like to pretend the 2010 election never happened.
Quote:
It seems to me that they were pretty spineless. Why not stand behind the achievements of the last six years.
Uh...maybe because there weren't any? Foreign relations are worse now than when he got elected. The economic recovery under his watch was historically weak. Race relations are worse now than when he got elected. Education is still declining. The median income of Americans is declining. Obamacare has cost billions of dollars without insuring appreciably more people than were insured previously.

Don't confuse your fanboy support of Obama's ideology with actual real word accomplishments. Obama's presidency, in terms of factual results, has been an abysmal failure.
Quote:
Obama has 100x the charisma and effectiveness of the other Democratic leadership. He is not perfect, but if you honestly compare Obama to Bush (the war mongering, tax cutting fool), or Clinton (the lying, sleazeball), he has shown much better governing competence, and class, respectively.
Obama has conducted more drone strikes than Bush, kept Guantanamo open, bombed Libya, conducted a surge in Afghanistan, and kept Bush's Iraq strategy in place.

Obama has had the IRS, Fast & Furious, "if you like your insurance you can keep it", Benghazi, "the individual mandate is not a tax, except it is constitutional because it's a tax", and "I'll veto any attempt to get around sequestration but I'll blame Republicans for sequestration". He's had far more incidents of flat out lying than Clinton did.

He called his grandmother a racist, called Midwest Americans bitter clingers, lied about his mother's death, abandoned his pastor when he became a liability, returned state gifts from England, etc. Then the absolute crowning achievement of Obama in the realm of being a selfish lowlife was telling the grieving relatives of the people killed in Benghazi that he was going to get the person responsible and having the video maker put in prison on a trumped up parole violation - then in the presidential debate admitting that he knew it was a terrorist attack right when it happened. That has got to be the pinnacle of douchebaggery. So to say Obama has class is absurd.
Quote:
He is an intelligent, good man who has had to deal with a hell of a lot, and he has done it very well. The GOP has actively like terrorists most of his Presidency, but he has soldiered on.
He started his presidency by declaring the "elections have consequences" and ignoring all Republican input into healthcare reform, then went on television and stated that Republicans had no healthcare solutions.

Now, how would you react if you and your coworker were collaborating on a project and your coworker told you he wasn't going to let you have any input into the project and then he went to your boss and said you'd had no ideas?

Again, you're letting your fanboy attitude towards Obama get in the way of facts. Yes, Republicans acted as his enemies during his administration. But that didn't happen by magic. He made them his enemies right out of the gate. He showed no interest whatsoever in bipartisan cooperation when he had Democrats controlling the House and Senate. So when they took control of the House, the Republicans didn't cooperate with him. Then all of a sudden bipartisan cooperation became a big priority and he started whining about the Party of No constantly. Maybe if he'd worked with them from the beginning, they would not have been set on obstructing his plans after they got enough power that he couldn't just ignore them anymore.
Quote:
I respect him, and I am not buying the GOP smear job for a second. The guy has class, and they don't. It is plain as a pig on a sofa. And we are MUCH better off than when he was sworn in.
Do you base this on your emotional attachment to liberalism or on factual reality? I see nowhere that Obama showed any class at all, nor do I see any area of the nation that is better off with his governance.
Quote:
Well I do sincerely hope you are able to spread your delusions to the rest of the Democrats and insure another Republican landslide in 2016.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They failed to defend obamacare due to the amount of money and propaganda that was used during its implementation. I dont think they realized just how much this would affect them. They should have stood and fought the image during the implementation.

Really though it came down in many ways to a confluence of factors, everyones disgusted with the government, far more democrat then senate seats were at risk, and its midterms which favor republicans. 2 years from now its the opposite. If the Republicans can get the image of the senate and congress being functional, they can win again, if not-it will be their turn to be hammered.
You surely must be aware tha obamacare is a complete failure and will now be carved up and either completely dumped, or at least radically remodeled so it is something that is actually for the people and not just another obama power grab.
Sit back and watch how it's done correctly for the benefit of all. The Republicans won big, which means America won big..! Enjoy..!

Old 11-09-2014, 09:30 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,669 times
Quote:
I have been hearing about the "Republican War on Women" schtick. Seems like that was a turd bomb. Is that what you mean?
Don't know why your are lying or what you are on here fishing for, but this is just a little internet discussion board where people share a broad array of ideas. Lying (especially when you are such a copious poster, your political viewpoint is patently obvious, and anyone can go back and read your posting history) seems like a really silly thing to do.

If you're after something, just come on out and ask it. Folks will answer. Playing coy is just annoying.

I've been hearing about the "Republican War on Women"?? Yeah right.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:33 AM

288 posts, read 349,911 times
Obama threw the Dems under the bus. "I'm not on the ballot, but my policies are". Ouch, now that was a classic 'throw a drowning man an anchor' moment.

TB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies