Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 AM

20,103 posts, read 16,074,864 times

Advertisements

They didn't throw him under the bus. He thought he was invincible and ran in front of it

Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 AM

20,103 posts, read 16,074,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Obama threw the Dems under the bus. "I'm not on the ballot, but my policies are". Ouch, now that was a classic 'throw a drowning man an anchor' moment.

TB
No kidding. I heard that clip non-stop when I was visiting family in Kentucky. My first reaction was to think that Obama must really want Mitch back, after all.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 AM

6,252 posts, read 5,048,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They didn't throw him under the bus. He thought he was invincible and ran in front of it
You just reminded me of one of those Jib Jab things that came out about Obama in mid 2009:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,606,322 times
Because when push came to shove...they wanted to save thier own a$$..too bad it didn't work.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Because when push came to shove...they wanted to save thier own a$$..too bad it didn't work.

Think you have said it best, not beating around the Bush. And by the way, the blame games of Bush, and everyone else he could think of, stopped working.

People know a liar when they hear one, and finally got sick and tired of hearing them and the excuses.

You can only take the BS for so long. And the excusers BS of Obama.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,998,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
A lot of Democrats still like the guy a lot. I sure do.

He is an intelligent, good man who has had to deal with a hell of a lot, and he has done it very well.
You are right, a lot of DEMS still like Obama. The problem is the youth vote that brought him his
Presidency do not vote in mid term elections. Only 13 percent of them came out to vote.

Those folks in DC get these cake walk ass jobs in Congress paid for by the apathy of the American voter.
Are thank you's in order Think not....

Midterm Turnout Decreased in All but 12 States - US News

Old 11-09-2014, 10:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,176,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Think you have said it best, not beating around the Bush. And by the way, the blame games of Bush, and everyone else he could think of, stopped working.

People know a liar when they hear one, and finally got sick and tired of hearing them and the excuses.

You can only take the BS for so long. And the excusers BS of Obama.
The blame game. In private industry the blame game doesn't work. I can only imagine how my managers would react if I tried that to explain a failed shift or decision making. If a ship runs aground, who gets the blame? Who is held accountable and responsible? Is it the lowly helmsman or the Captain of the ship? Obama enjoyed a free pass for the first 4 years of his Presidency. The media would sugar coat and not ask the hard questions. Obama's famous "I heard about the same way you did, when I read the papers..... " How could he not see how weak that is? In which case we must be wasting tens of billions of dollars on our intelligence net works, our FBI and all other such orgs.
I think it is poetic justice given how many people Obama has thrown under the wheels himself.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The blame game. In private industry the blame game doesn't work. I can only imagine how my managers would react if I tried that to explain a failed shift or decision making. If a ship runs aground, who gets the blame? Who is held accountable and responsible? Is it the lowly helmsman or the Captain of the ship? Obama enjoyed a free pass for the first 4 years of his Presidency. The media would sugar coat and not ask the hard questions. Obama's famous "I heard about the same way you did, when I read the papers..... " How could he not see how weak that is? In which case we must be wasting tens of billions of dollars on our intelligence net works, our FBI and all other such orgs.
I think it is poetic justice given how many people Obama has thrown under the wheels himself.

Exactly and I agree with you very much. The blame game does not work, in private industry. Or in jobs where people have high expectations , of getting a job done, as in my Son's job. I already stated he knew the Pilot who died in this latest tragedy, Leave it at that. In his line of work, my son you answer for yourself, and believe me there are no excuses made at all. This is why he has a very high position making very good money. He is the best at what he does. And has People above him, fighting to have him on their team.

Media helped, by asking wussy questions not tough ones as you said for 4+ years. He Obama does not believe in holding his people accountable and responsible for very wrong doings, and this would not fly, for most of us. In whatever line of work you are in, or what business you own. The media under this President were the worse I have ever witnessed, and hope they remember this for a long time, when we have a new President. He is weak, because when your a mature adult, you take the good with the bad, and make no excuses for the bad, put no one else under the bus, but take responsibility yourself for wrong actions. Either you or someone in your administration, or people doing wrong favors for the Dems, answer for.

A strong person no matter who they are, steps up to the plate, when they have made mistakes, or know of wrong doings. He never did this, but excused this behavior. Is this acceptable, hell no!

Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are right, a lot of DEMS still like Obama. The problem is the youth vote that brought him his
Presidency do not vote in mid term elections. Only 13 percent of them came out to vote.

Those folks in DC get these cake walk ass jobs in Congress paid for by the apathy of the American voter.

Perhaps Dems would have been a wee bit more likely to come out if they had run on years of falling unemployment, solid GDP growth, and a booming stock market.

Their campaign was totally pathetic. Part of that is the fault of the candidates and part of that is the fault of Obama. If they ran a decent campaign, they'd be in power.

It is amazing to me that despite destroying the St. Reagan on every economic metric - while being faced with a much weaker economy going in - the Democrats and Obama couldn't get their act together and go sell their economic record to the people.

They basically ran on "aww shucks, you know things aren't the best, but look how awful these Republicans are towards women!" They played defense and tacitly admitted the Republican lies about the economy were true. Heck, I've done very well under Obama - my income is way up, as are my stocks and 401k - and I didn't want to vote for them. They sounded like a bunch of whiners who couldn't run from their record fast enough.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,726,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

This is getting at what I meant. When Obama was at the head of the ticket, Dems. benefitted. When he was considered a black sheep, the voters stayed home.

All the Obama is the antichrist garbage has been coming from the same quarters since his inauguration. It means nothing. They were never going to support a democrat, have very little intellectual honesty, and have no expectations of the stooges they support, so I am not going to let a bunch hypocritical junkyard dogs set the narrative. ObamaCare has some implementation challenges, but it is a program intended to better the lives of Americans, and it is already doing just that. No apologies are necessary.

The Dems wussed out, and they got shipped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies