Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,648,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You should have started and ended with that.

Why? Because you don't know.
If you don't start paying attention you most likely never will.
You're right I should have phrased it as I didn't personally see it. Enjoy that Medicare and Medicare Part D.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:41 PM

358 posts, read 883,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Discrediting the evidence? How much more Republican racism do you need to see?

TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism - YouTube

The rest of us living in the real world know the racist right-wing is out there.

Typical backtrack, deflection, and goal post moving. You'll never admit that a lot of people openly hate the President because he is black. A lot of people also hold subconscious bias against blacks. While not outright racism, it does create double-standard arguments... like I've been discrediting for five pages now.

Since you will continue living in your conservative bubble, we can just part ways in this thread and ignore each other.
I find it amusing when people take absurd comments by some fringe looney claiming to be a supporter of a particular party and attempt to apply it as a generalizations to the entire party. However I might agree it would be a good idea to get rid of the Republican Party entirely because some looneys claiming to be of the party say racist or just plain stupid things. But I would only agree on the condition that you also agree to get rid of the Democratic party for the same reasons:

DEMOCRAT: Rev. Al Sharpton
QUOTE: "White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." [In a 1994 speech at Kean College]

Rod Blagojevich
QUOTE: "This guy, he was catapulted in on hope and change, what we hope the guy is. What the ****? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter. I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up."

Diane Watson (State Senator, CA)
QUOTE: "He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black."

Gealdine Ferraro
QUOTE: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman of any color, he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

JoeBiden
QUOTE: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy... I mean, that's a storybook, man." [To the New York Observer in February 2007]

Hillary Clinton
QUOTE: "You ****ing Jew Bastard." [Allegedly said to Bill Clinton's campaign manager Paul Fray the night Clinton lost the 1974 Arkansas congressional election ]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it,"
[To the editors of Sioux City's Argus Leader in May 2008]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There was just an AP article posted that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me." [To USA Today in May 2008]

Bill Clinton
QUOTE: "A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee..."

a book excerpt leaked quoting Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid throwing bows at President Obama back in 2008, saying that he had "no Negro dialect" unless he chose to use one.

Biden: “Stand up and be recognized” to State Senator Chuck Graham who is confined to a wheel chair.

“Men often do need maternity care.”, Kathleen Sebelius.

Toss out any party whose adherents say racist, insensitive or idiotic things. Hooray! No more parties.

With both parties gone, the United States might properly proceed as the democratic republic it was intended to be.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Did you pay attention to what just happened last Tuesday? That midterm election WAS a mass voter refutation of Obama, his policies and his leadership as well as that of the democratic party. Had this been another presidential election, in which Obama were a candidate, if that had been possible, he'd be sent packing.
You are correct. The electorate DID vote him in for a second term, but by the midterms, they realized their mistake and corrected it to the best of their ability.
Ummm. Have we looked at voter turnout for this election? I think not.

Unfortunately for Dems, Millenials seem to think there is only an election every four years. Had this demographic showed up at the polls, it's likely the results would have been quite different.

But the Repubs should enjoy the next two years and take care not to alienate half of the voters. I'm going to sit back and see how they *fix* everything.

Most likely they will be paving the way for President Clinton.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,861,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
OMG. How ridiculous is this? I can just IMAGINE what they would have done to Bush if he had been having a sexual relationship with an intern in the White House - or with anyone other than his wife, for that matter. If you could have found any impropriety on Bush's part, he would have been dragged through the mud over it.

What Republicans said they loved JFK? I think he was a jerk for being a serial adulterer. Of course, at the time people didn't know that was going on. If they had, I am guessing a lot of people's opinions of him would have changed.

Clinton WAS a sexual predator.

I don't think it's okay for anyone to cheat. If you are President of the United States, though, taking advantage of a young intern and IN THE OVAL OFFICE, shows total disrespect to our country and the office of the president. Ronald Reagan had so much respect of the Oval Office that he wouldn't remove his suit jacket when in there. But Clinton had no problem removing his pants. Such a difference between those two men.

But back on topic, Clinton didn't think he was king of the United States the way Obama does. He understood the difference between a republic and a monarchy.
I'm on your side but Clintons think they is the light and salvation of the DNC - did you take note of the way he and she were campaigning for dems for the recent elections? He was working Anthony Brown - D candidate for gov of MD - like a ventriloquist's dummy, to no avail.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/midte...ry?id=26694294

Old 11-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And before any of you accuse me of being an Obot, I find much about him to be critical of, but shake my head at the constant and irrational, foaming at the mouth invective directed at him and his family every day on this forum.

Obot.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:25 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,025,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Someone suggested Republicans could elect Condi Rice, Ben Carson or Colin Powell for president. I simply said it will never happen. They may say they would but in the privacy of the voting booth, they would just vote for someone else. Not for president.
You have a crystal ball? Repubs elect blacks to congress but won't for president? That is an illogical idea in your brain, not theirs. Oh I forgot, you're still peddling the "GOP is racist" nonsense because you have nothing of actual substance to argue.

Quote:
You just going to keep using this one example of some idiot who called into a show over and over?

Like I said... nothing of substance.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Oh? Lets see how things stacked up -

Republicans
excessive spending (tripled the deficit)
trashed the economy with auto, housing, banking on the ropes
stock market in the 7900 range and falling
job losses at record levels
dependence on foreign oil increasing (did you know reagan removed the solar panels on the white house?)
started a war that destabilized the Middleast. and cost the lives of over 100,000 people, 4500 US soldiers, and for what? to increase Cheney's stocks.
Did nothing to capture bin Laden or to address 9/11

Obama
longest period of job increases in our history
saved auto industry, housing, banking
dropped gov spending to levels not seen since Eisenhower
stock market in the 17,000's
dependence on foreign oil dropped 10% and increasing
responsible for more renewable energy than any other president
reduced our investment in war
unemployment at 5.9% and falling
He has eliminated DADT
He made Bin Laden a priority and got him

Facts are simple our economy is far better off today than it was under the Republicans, to add insult to injury, the republican have done...NOTHING for the people of this country the last 5 years, no jobs bills, no unemployment extensions, nothing!

So the only mistake I see was made in 2000 and 2004. Oh wait, W wasn't legally elected so it wasn't our mistake.
Cherry pick much?

Was Bin Laden alive? Got any proof it was him they tossed into the water in usual shady Obama fashion?
Bin Laden was on dialysis; not ideal if hiding in caves in mountains for years..learn why.
Consequences of Frequent Hemodialysis: Comparison to Conventional Hemodialysis and Transplantation

Unemployment figures are as skewed as those pertaining to inflation. According to the US federal government unemployment is almost as low as nonexistant inflation. Have you been to a grocery store of late?

Oh, set the deficit aside, how is that debt coming along?

Our investment in war has only moved around on the map. We are currently funding, arming and training those who will be future threats to the USA and he said this weekend he will be ramping that up in the future. Where do you think Al Quaeda came from? The USA propped them up. Obama is continuing the trend.
Obama destabilized Egypt.
Gee, he has great foreign policies.
I love those illegal invaders he coddles as though he fathered them.

I had to LOL about the solar panels. Did they light up the entirety of DC? Were they supposed to? What exactly did they do? Did he remove the solar water heating system as well?

Stop already, please.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No, it wasn't widened or made worse by Obama. Some of you people use Obama as a blame target and act like EVERYTHING is his fault or made worse because of him. If a comet hit the Super Bowl, I'd bet you all would blame him for that, too.

I'm getting sick and goddamned tired of it. There are no "exceptions", there are no "worse situations". What has been still is, only in a different package.
Nope, Obama is a progressive liberal and progressives want total authoritarian power. Think 1984 and you get the picture as it is the only end game in that mindset.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:

It started with Sarah Palin and the flag pin.

Why not dig up Betsy Ross and stone her on the village green?

Oops, according to Obama logic, she didn't make that flag.

Keep pointing fingers and before you know it you won't like what you point to as it will come back around to Obama. He IS a politician, not a messiah.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 PM

42 posts, read 44,382 times
Two years more with Obama. Christ, God help the world. Thank God Republicans are running the Senate and the Congress and that Eric Cantor (R) was kicked out from congress. We were so many who warned for Obama and his sinister anti-American agenda when he was elected in 2009. Still, people didn’t listen because he talked about “change” and had an African father. Your heart and your moral are not colored by your race.

You can be black and evil and white and evil. Look what Obama have done. He is continued wasting money on failed social projects, run the federal government into the ground, done nothing to stop the illegal immigration, continued with the wars abroad and killed thousands of innocent brown people. Obama has not even closed Guantanamo Bay and is sending more troops to Iraq. It is time that people get it.

The problem with the Republican Party is that they present themselves as the key-represent for big business. It is not the Republican Party that gets the money from Wall Street but the Democrats. It is the Donkey (Democratic Party) that is funded by Wall Street and not the main street. It is people like George Soros, Goldman Sachs and other bankers who fund the liberal agenda just as they supported the revolution in Soviet Union. Goldman Sachs donated more than one million dollar to the election of Obama. African-Americans have been lured into supporting the Democratic Party. Look what they did to Detroit. African-Americans are worse off by liberalism than conservatism. Until 1930 almost all black were Republicans. Booker T. Washington was until his death in 1915 a solid Republican. I’m not saying that Republican Inc. is perfect but you are all worse with the Obamas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies