Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama be allowed to force through amnesty?
YES 14 7.33%
NO 177 92.67%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 01:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So you agree the scope of the EO is not known?

So you agree the Right Wing has not the faintest idea what they are talking about?

Exactly. The Republicans can agree with everything the President is about to do. But he is, in essence, stealing their political thunder. Thats what the uproar is about, it has nothing to do with laws or implementation.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:32 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
111 to 8? If O does anything like amesty the next election will look like this midterm election.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
111 to 8? If O does anything like amesty the next election will look like this midterm election.
No, if he doesn't do anything on immigration, it'll look like the midterms, when Hispanics didn't come out to vote. If he does something, with or without congress, the Democrats will likely win a majority of the Hispanic vote, and there will be large turn out numbers. Thats what scares Republicans at this point.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:53 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
No, he should not be allowed to. I can't stand his arrogance! After these midterms, it's abundantly clear the American people don't want amnesty; yet this president, like a dictator, is determined to do what he wants to do.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
No, he should not be allowed to. I can't stand his arrogance! After these midterms, it's abundantly clear the American people don't want amnesty; yet this president, like a dictator, is determined to do what he wants to do.
Really?

In how many elections was amnesty or immigration an issue? Not many, besides border states.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Really?

In how many elections was amnesty or immigration an issue? Not many, besides border states.
Amnesty is an issue in every state. If illegal immigrants are legalized, they're free to move to any state.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Amnesty is an issue in every state. If illegal immigrants are legalized, they're free to move to any state.
Really, again, which state was it brought up as the main campaign issues. Which races were decided on that factor alone. I'm asking for specific examples, not a vague "every state"

Old 11-10-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Really, again, which state was it brought up as the main campaign issues. Which races were decided on that factor alone. I'm asking for specific examples, not a vague "every state"
What difference does it make? It's a big issue nationwide, and therefore it's on many people's minds. It's a big part of why Republicans did so well in the midterm elections.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
What difference does it make? It's a big issue nationwide, and therefore it's on many people's minds. It's a big part of why Republicans did so well in the midterm elections.
It makes a huge difference. What were people voting for when they voted for Republicans? Was it because of the Obama amnesty possibility? No, it wasn't even being mentioned. In fact, Democrats quit pushing the issue so they could help red state Republicans, and I live in a Red state, want to know how many campaign adds I saw mentioning amnesty for illegals? Not a damned one.

I saw a bunch that mentioned healthcare. I saw a bunch that mentioned foreign policy slips. Nothing about immigration.

Now, Texas may be different. I know that immigration was a issue for friends of mine in Louisiana. But that wasn't in most states.

Your premise is "Obama better get the message" when there was no message sent on amnesty. If anyone sent the President a message on immigration, it was the Latino turn out numbers, hence his "for those Americans who didn't vote, I heard you too" statement.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:16 PM

The Republicans are barely better on the issue of immigration than the Democrats. Instead of standing for what should be their principles, my suspicion is they see amnesty as inevitable, so they want to be known for their part in getting it pushed through. I don't see the election result really as an affirmation of Republicans, just a rejection of the way this country's headed. In fact, people are fed up with both parties like never before. People percieve that this country is headed entirely in the wrong direction, and an unprecedented invasion in the form of immigration is a big part of it. If we had an viable third party, we'd have a chance to really reverse the direction this country's going. But as it is, the Republicans have sold out to the cheap labor, open borders globalist agenda as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies