Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Main problem with your argument is you assume all or most Republicans are "Far Right".
Most of us are Moderates and believe in Common sense controls.
Lately the EPA has become worse than the IRS.
I know because of the EPA about five jobs was lost near us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 07:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think reigning in the EPA is a good thing. They are out of hand with their regulations.
I agree. The environmentalists and the left have gaffed up their stewardship of environmental issues for far too long. From fear mongering and alarmism about climate change to letting politics, activism and dogma corrupt the scientific field.

Here's an example of how the EPA operates:

"We routinely wrote scare stories...Our press reports were more or less true...We were out to whip the public into a frenzy about the environment."
Jim Sibbison, environmental journalist, former public relations official for the Environmental Protection Agency

Old 11-10-2014, 07:18 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
No. The state has completely shutdown and all WV residents have packed up all their belongings and moved to Ohio.
Thanks, I wasnt sure

Old 11-10-2014, 07:26 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What else would you call it?

I call it checks and balances. The EPA has the ability to overreach just like any other government run agency. Just because they have "Environmental" in their name doesn't mean they are above corruption.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:29 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I call it checks and balances. The EPA has the ability to overreach just like any other government run agency. Just because they have "Environmental" in their name doesn't mean they are above corruption.
Exactly! Excellently put.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Main problem with your argument is you assume all or most Republicans are "Far Right".
Most of us are Moderates and believe in Common sense controls.
Lately the EPA has become worse than the IRS.
No, the EPA is significantly more important.

How about this.. we make the EPA state-run. Conservatives can go live in states that do away with the EPA, liberals can live in states that regulate air and water quality. Tell me how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Exactly! Excellently put.
Hahaha! Your argument is corruption... but your GOP lapdogs are trying to curtail the EPA so that special interests can profit off ignoring your water and air quality...

Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Oh, great day, the sky is falling.

The EPA has done more to stifle freedoms and diminish livelihoods in this country than any other agency (Thanks, President Nixon).

Pull yourself together, OP. Yeesh.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
How anyone can support mountaintop removal is beyond me.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Oh, great day, the sky is falling.

The EPA has done more to stifle freedoms and diminish livelihoods in this country than any other agency (Thanks, President Nixon).

Pull yourself together, OP. Yeesh.
I guess you'd prefer cancer?

Old 11-10-2014, 07:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The Hill article also states the Senate willlook at defunding agencies that regulate emissions...I believe that would also constitute gutting.
You would be talking about the controversial CO2 caps the EPA is implementing?

Were you complaining about it when the Democrats were going to strip that power from the EPA back in 2009?

In 2007 the EPA won a Supreme Court decision that allowed them to regulate CO2 under the current Clean Air Act. Those rules were written in 1990 and were never intended to cover greenhouse gases. As noted by Pelosi in 2009:
Quote:
Pelosi: Congress must move on climate | TheHill

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that Congress, not the Obama administration, needs to address global warming.

Asked if she wants the Obama administration to address climate change through regulations if Congress fails to pass a bill this year, Pelosi responded, "It has to be done by statute."

Despite the court ruling this is not a decision to be made by the EPA, even whacko Nancy realized that. Any greenhouse legislation is going to have far ranging economic consequences and should go through Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies