Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 08:39 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
"A complete list of things caused by global warming
AIDS, Afghan poppies destroyed, African holocaust, aged deaths, poppies more potent, Africa devastated, Africa in conflict, African aid threatened, aggressive weeds, Air France crash, air pockets, air pressure changes, airport farewells virtual, airport malaria,

-snip-
Hmmm, you left out Ebola virus:

Ebola and Climate Change: Are Humans Responsible for the Severity of the Current Outbreak?

In a study published in 2012, researchers asked national infectious disease experts in 30 different countries whether or not they thought climate change would affect infectious disease patterns in their countries. The majority agreed.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:42 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
There is still no global warming.

Never has been any. Never will be any.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:44 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Lord knows I absolutely hate it when find myself agreeing with you on something.

I hate it even more when a skeptical bot speaks from ignorance.

That said, you AGW folks are wrong so wrong.
Ah hah! Were they wrong in 1986?!?

EARTH'S CLIMATIC CRISIS EXAMINED BY 'NOVA' - Published: June 24, 1986

PICKING up where a high-school chemistry class might end, ''Nova,'' the public-broadcasting science series, offers the nonmatriculating viewer an advanced course in worrying. The cause of the concern is all the carbon dioxide that's being pumped into the industrialized and motorized air. The hourlong broadcast is called ''The Climate Crisis: The Greenhouse Effect,'' at 9 tonight on Channel 13.

The conclusion, conveyed with great authority by several big-league climatologists from government and private research organizations, is terrible: by the year 2000, the atmosphere and weather will grow warmer by several degrees and life - animal, plant, human - will be threatened. The experts say that melting ice caps, flooded cities, droughts in the corn belt and famine in the third world could result if the earth's mean temperature rises by a mere two or three degrees.

And I'll bet all of the Henny Penny, 'sky is falling' nonsense was backed up by their 1986 computer models. Nothing ever changes with these fools, does it.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Yup...every year Mr. big bad global warming just keeps turning up the heat.

Coldest November Weather in Decades Infiltrates Wyoming to Texas From the North Pole

Coldest November Weather in Decades Infiltrates Wyoming to Texas From the North Pole

Old 11-15-2014, 05:44 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
There is still no global warming.

Never has been any. Never will be any.
Well that solves it then.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Skiing season has officially opened in Minnesota a full two weeks before Thanksgiving. Plenty of snow and January like temps. Thanks to Global Warming of course

Old 11-15-2014, 06:28 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I say let people believe in Santa Claus , leprechauns, Bigfoot and Global Warming if they want to. When the government signs a lucrative contract giving Santa billions for economic development I want in on the deal. Same goes when they declare Bigfoot an endangered species and allocate billions to research and protect him.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:30 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Climate change. CHANGE!!!!

It is science. SCIENCE!!!

And it is settled. SETTLED!

Old 11-15-2014, 06:30 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
All of the rays from the sun that reach earth HAVE been identified and measured.
No, the sun is not what heats the earth's core, or the mantle. Probing Question: What heats the earth's core?Not true They most certainly do exist Again not true. Human CO2 emissions are 100 times greater than that of volcanoes, including undersea vents but even if it were it would be part of the natural carbon cycle....Today humans are emitting more than the carbon cycle can handle. Yeah, I know you still think your sky daddy is in control....What is embarrassing is you anti-science people making all these false statements....
Funny that a liberal nut brings God into a thread that I believe no one mentioned before?

And BTW, this is 100% of the reason for the climate. Within 5 years these facts will come out.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:24 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I don't care! I don't buy it! Because if it were real, then my region would also be seeing warming, would it not? And given that 2 local meteorologists don't buy it either, that tells me that there are those in the meteorology community don't buy it either. You are free to believe the theory of global warming, because that is all it is but a theory, and not FACT. I will continue to believe otherwise.
Right, well you disprove yourself here by claiming it's just a theory. If you truly understand science, you would never say something like 'it's just a theory.' Everything is science is 'just a theory,' including gravity, what brings you modern medicine, and electricity. If it's not a theory, it's a law or an idea (hypothesis) that has yet to be proven if it can be. The fact that global warming is a theory means it's as good as fact until someone else offers an explanation that effectively removes the need for global warming.

And no, your region does not have to warm just because overall global climate is heating. That's not how it works. Global climate doesn't affect every where the same. Some places will heat up, some will stay the same, and some will even get colder. It's not as simple as 'it's getting hot EVERYWHERE!'

Are these meteorologists renowned in the field? Do they have any credentials or expertise that they are sharing about why they think global warming is not fact? Unless they do, then two local meteorologists opinions is of little concern to anyone outside of your area.

Also, belief is unimportant. I don't care if you don't 'believe' in global warming. Believe the Earth is flat for all I care. Just don't contradict science without a scientific argument and don't support efforts to hinder the efforts of those who are trying to solve a problem you simply choose to not 'believe.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies