Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 02:33 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
even if the president could change water into wine and lead into gold he would still be hated, the fact that gun sales skyrockerted after his election says alot about the mentality of this country, and as for the fact that he hasnt been a very good president doesnt help.If we elect a conservative republican president he can do what he wants, triple the debt, triple the unemployment, talk all day about gun control and we will love and worship him, and probable name a aircraft carrier or airport after him.
Obama is objected to because of his policies and during his administration changing the 2nd amendment was brought up so it is no surprise that gun sales went up. Where are you getting that with a Republican president they are always idolized? I recall many negative comments about Bush, Jr. I recall that Clinton (a Democrat) was well like by many Americans also. You are of the belief that most Americans tow the party line even when their party makes mistakes. That simply isn't true except for the very brain dead who simply go by idealogy rather than common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 02:59 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
..given the outright disrespect heaped upon the President?
its okay to be vile and hate this president, he is black after all.

But back to respecting America

Respect me, or else, is our motto

Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 AM

274 posts, read 238,891 times
Quote:
..given the outright disrespect heaped upon the President? It is one thing to dislike, even hate a president for his or her policies, but the level of expressed hate that is hurled at the current president, the gouging insults, the threats and abuses (I just read comments in a thread this evening that should get that poster in trouble with the SS.) is so egregious that it all goes way beyond civilized dissent.
And where is the rule book that dictates dissent must be Civilized. Here in America people used to say what they thought and if your feelings got hurt then that is your problem. You are free to close the Browser, Turn the page, Change the Station, etc., etc., etc.

Quote:
I couldn't stand Bush even before he took office because of how he governed in Texas, had utter contempt for the man, but would never stoop to the level of expressed hate that has been polluting this society since Obama was elected.
Good for you... Count yourself morally superior and have a nice day.

Quote:
Anti-Obama haters do not give a damn what people think of them
Bingo!

Quote:
So full of hate
Impossible to know for certain what a person carries in their heart with few exceptions. I would think Anger is certainly a reasonable description.

Quote:
that any degree of self consciousness dissipated - to the degree of the lack of self-awareness that you might observe in the mentally ill. But don't think that people of other nations do not see this unhinged, rabid aggression without sizing up Americans as a bunch of hoodlums. The day is going to come when they will no longer submit to the Alpha nation, band together, and put America in its place
I wish them the best of luck but this is not a realistic goal if we are to be honest with one another.

Quote:
- just as America put its own president in his place.
If only there were any truth to this statement.

Quote:
..Long range consequences, Chickens will come home to roost.

like I said, "Best of luck to you on that front."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies