Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 08:48 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times

Advertisements

I have lived in WA state for a good portion of my life.

Washington State is as left wing as they come......they just have been slowed down a little due to pushback from angry hicks/Trailerbilles on the east side of the state and in some outlying area around the state. But now, the Commieocrats have got quite a bit of steam going, watch out California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the Constitution doesn't do it, then the bullets the constitution signifies, can be used to regain liberty.

Hasn't been tried in 150 years.
I will keep an eye on the news for when you head to Washington to liberate them with bullets.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If it's already illegal under federal law why are you passing new laws?
If it is already illegal, then why does it matter what a state decided to do to reconfirm the law?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If it is already illegal, then why does it matter what a state decided to do to reconfirm the law?

because when Arizona did the same thing towards an already in place federal immigration law, the white house and democrats threw a coniption fit and said that they wanted the law repealed or declared unconstitutional.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Residents of Washington chose vote over bullet. Stop trying to deny the right of the voters.

really? you are going to pull that? I seem to remember plenty of states voting to put into place voter ID's and making gay marriage illegal. but you sure as heck do not mind making the voters in those states irrelevant.

after all, the residents in those states decided that those laws should be passed too. I wont hold my breath waiting for you to sound out loud that those states can make gay marriage illegal and voter ID legal.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:53 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
because when Arizona did the same thing towards an already in place federal immigration law, the white house and democrats threw a coniption fit and said that they wanted the law repealed or declared unconstitutional.
It was actually contested in the Supreme Court and the law was found to be unconstitutional by the matter of preemption. Federal law concerning the matter trumped any state law concerning the matter.
It's a whole nother issue than background checks in Washington State.
States are free to regulate guns and exercise gun control to their heart's content. They are not allowed to supersede federal enforcement of immigration law and that is verbatim to the constitution.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It was actually contested in the Supreme Court and the law was found to be unconstitutional by the matter of preemption. Federal law concerning the matter trumped any state law concerning the matter.
It's a whole nother issue than background checks in Washington State.
States are free to regulate guns and exercise gun control to their heart's content. They are not allowed to supersede federal enforcement of immigration law and that is verbatim to the constitution.

ever hear of the 2nd Amendment? apparently not.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
ever hear of the 2nd Amendment? apparently not.
What would possibly cause you to draw that conclusion?
I'm very well versed in the 2nd amendment. I interpret it as I see it. Just exactly as you do.

I'm questioning your linkage of Arizona State immigration enforcement to Washington State requiring universal background checks.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Well lets say you let your buddy use one of your guns when you go shooting and no one broke any laws in the process that requires the police to get involved, then nothing will happen. But if you give a gun to your buddy and he goes and robs a store with it, then you can bet the cops will be knocking on your door to arrest you because your gun was used in that crime.

Granted not you specifically because you don't live in Washington, so this law has no effect on you.
So you're openly advocating for people to go ahead and just break the law?

LOL

Ironic though, your statements demonstrate just how draconian and unenforceable this law really is.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So you're openly advocating for people to go ahead and just break the law?

LOL

Ironic though, your statements demonstrate just how draconian and unenforceable this law really is.
People break laws all the time, I am sure you were speeding at one point or another today, that doesn't mean we should get rid of speed limits because some people break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies