Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 12:01 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,488 times

Advertisements

Its sad, but its not just a Texas thing, and NONE of them said that they were Republicans. If you are going to generalize Republicans as being stupid, here's a video of young Hillary supporters who can't even name her achievements and only want her to win because "First female president!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post

At least they know who Snookie is.
If you really, in your heart, think this is a TX problem then you've REALLY let last week's election rattle you to the extreme.

Relax.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:15 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
I'm born and raised in D/FW, moved to NC this year since my daughter lives here. It seems most people I meet back home are from Cali. Matter of fact, I seriously doubt the majority of D/FW are native Texans.
Who knew there were that many Colombian's in Texas? My spouse is from Texas and we lived in the Metroplex at times, never ran into a Colombian once... we did run into people from California though, as well as many other states.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:49 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
I can assure you that a much higher percentage of my undergraduate university would be able to answer those questions compared to the students polled at Texas Tech.

Yeah sure. Everyone says that. I went there so they must be the best. LOL.

Oh I can assure you that my school is the best, I can assure you that my state is the best.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
One could have polled a random bunch of students on any campus, at any time and many would have been challenged to respond to much of anything beyond pop culture.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:12 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Great Republicans? I didn't hear her ask if they were Republicans.
No I do remember a Youtube clip where people Obama supporters were asked questions, only the reporter reversed the positions of Romney and Obama and the people questioned agreed with Romney's positions when they thought that they were Obama's.
I remember another clip where college students were asked questions about our country.
How many stars on our flag, How many stripes etc and the college students couldn't answer the questions.
I didn't assume all college students were morons, nor that all Obama supporters were so ill informed. I assumed that the reports were extremely edited to make certain groups look bad.

Howard Stern did the same thing in 2008, but it was in Harlem.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...s+palin+mccain+

Old 11-13-2014, 12:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Lubbock, Texas ya'll!
Acutally it would be MERICA!!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:36 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yeah sure. Everyone says that. I went there so they must be the best. LOL.

Oh I can assure you that my school is the best, I can assure you that my state is the best.
Mainly it's because my school wasn't full of hicks and rednecks that only cared about football and hunting. It's OK if you don't understand, people like you that didn't go to college probably don't realize that not all schools are the same. Regional public schools do not have the same student demographic as private tier 1 research universities.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Mainly it's because my school wasn't full of hicks and rednecks that only cared about football and hunting. It's OK if you don't understand, people like you that didn't go to college probably don't realize that not all schools are the same. Regional public schools do not have the same student demographic as private tier 1 research universities.
I have seen "man on the street" videos of Harvard students that are dumber than a box of rocks. Young people as a whole in this country are ignorant, not just Texans.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:53 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
I can assure you that a much higher percentage of my undergraduate university would be able to answer those questions compared to the students polled at Texas Tech.
Oh you had access to the raw video and was able to determine this wasn't cherry picked results? I've seen these same type of videos done at Ivy League universities, west coast schools that want to try and 'claim' they're Ivy League of the west schools, and many, many other 'top tier' schools. So, I wouldn't act like your school is SO much better because frankly, this experiment has been done time and again to prove this is not a one place problem.

Here's one from Harvard. Just one question - an easy one. What's the capital of Canada?

http://youtu.be/r0fdYhgJIeE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies