Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:57 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm for states rights, shouldn't it be up to the people of the state to decide? Isn't that the argument on abortion?

I support concealed carry btw. I just find it odd when someone cheers a decision like this, but if a court overturns gay marriage bans or abortion bans, suddenly the court is to liberal.
"I'm for states rights, shouldn't it be up to the people of the state to decide?"

The courts have ruled that the nations CONSTITUTION overrides states when it comes to "rights".

A privately owned business CANNOT deny service to ANYONE, they CANNOT "discriminate", etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Some things are protected in the constitution. The judicial branch interprets that.

My point is simply this, a court decides gay marriage is protected from states because its federally protected as an equal right, some people go nuts. Some of those same people will say good job on this? Its the same situation. They just don't like it when they don't like the issue. Kind of hypocritical
"some people go nuts" "Kind of hypocritical" NOT if they are NOT the same people.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I'm for states rights, shouldn't it be up to the people of the state to decide?"

The courts have ruled that the nations CONSTITUTION overrides states when it comes to "rights".

A privately owned business CANNOT deny service to ANYONE, they CANNOT "discriminate", etc.
Yes, you are correct, this court is saying that the states law does over ride the constitution.

Now, I'm sure there will be an appeal, we'll see how it shakes out. But my point remains, courts say that anti gay marriage laws, and abortion laws override the constitution as well, and the same people cheering this will then say "liberal judges".

You can't have it both ways.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
"some people go nuts" "Kind of hypocritical" NOT if they are NOT the same people.
Already some in this thread.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
Good. Next those 10 round magazines need to go. I just wouldn't feel safe carrying without two Tommy gun drums taped to my chest and a banana clip in the pocket.
I hope you are never confronted by 2 (or more) armed thugs who EACH have a 15 round mag and you ONLY have 10.

"without two Tommy gun drums taped to my chest and a banana clip in the pocket."

Gross exaggerations doesn't get you anywhere but laughed at!

Old 11-13-2014, 07:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Getem Brandon.

CalGuns when you positively have to sue every antigun ahole in the room

You other states that are starting to be infected by the antigunners need to take a cue from our little RKBA organization here in Kalifornistan.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I hope you are never confronted by 2 (or more) armed thugs who EACH have a 15 round mag and you ONLY have 10.

"without two Tommy gun drums taped to my chest and a banana clip in the pocket."

Gross exaggerations doesn't get you anywhere but laughed at!
I hope you are never confronted by someone with a mini gun. Oh you have one of those? Maybe they have a hellfire missile. Oh wait....

We can play that game all day.

No where in the right to keep and bear arms does it list a magazine minimum capacity.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, this court is saying that the states law does over ride the constitution.

Now, I'm sure there will be an appeal, we'll see how it shakes out. But my point remains, courts say that anti gay marriage laws, and abortion laws override the constitution as well, and the same people cheering this will then say "liberal judges".

You can't have it both ways.
And I repeat, "some people" does NOT necessarily mean they are SAME people. You are ASSUMING they are the same.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
And I repeat, "some people" does NOT necessarily mean they are SAME people. You are ASSUMING they are the same.
I've been on this board long enough to remember the same folks, many folks in this thread, who will post about liberal judges and gay rights, abortion, a whole host of issues, who are now cheering this ruling.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:09 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
What a backwards state not to allow so basic a freedom and right for a law abiding citizen. I'm glad California is joining the rest of the country and is making societal advancements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies