Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Jimmy Simmons, one of the NAACP representatives who met with Abarr last year, believes he probably is trying to reform. If Abarr holds a peace summit next summer, Simmons said he would "take a strong look" at joining.

New KKK group claims non-discrimination on race, religion

I think hell just froze over. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
"If John Abarr was actually reformed, he could drop the label of the KKK," she said.
Abarr said his chapter of the KKK is a fraternal organization seeking members who want to fight against a "new world order" or a one-world government, which he is afraid the federal government is trying to achieve

What type of people does he hope to attract with the title KKK if not racial supremacists? What is going on here exactly? This is like PETA members trying to legalize cockfighting.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Jimmy Simmons, one of the NAACP representatives who met with Abarr last year, believes he probably is trying to reform. If Abarr holds a peace summit next summer, Simmons said he would "take a strong look" at joining.

Not buying it. He'll basically use who he can until he no longer needs them...then it's back to his old KKK ways.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:

Sounds like two racists have a secret love affair starting up NAACP and the Klan hooked up...wouldn't THAT be a match made in heaven.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Sounds like two racists have a secret love affair starting up NAACP and the Klan hooked up...wouldn't THAT be a match made in heaven.
Crazy stuff but didn't Farrakhan and the American "Nazi" party also "play together"? I read something like that and thought WTF?

Old 11-15-2014, 06:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Crazy stuff but didn't Farrakhan and the American "Nazi" party also "play together"? I read something like that and thought WTF?
Lmao..I don't remember that right off hand,but it wouldn't surprise me in the least..Farrakhan was a very odd duck.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:57 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Farrakhan is Anti-Semitic, so it would surprise me that he would even attempt to reach out to Nazis. I know that if the Nazis had their way, I would not be around.

As for the KKK, I don't trust them. There is too much bad history for me to believe that they really want to diversify. Consider this. Their whole ideology is about the precept of racial exclusion and maintaining a racial hierarchy at the very least.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Farrakhan is Anti-Semitic, so it would surprise me that he would even attempt to reach out to Nazis. I know that if the Nazis had their way, I would not be around.

As for the KKK, I don't trust them. There is too much bad history for me to believe that they really want to diversify. Consider this. Their whole ideology is about the precept of racial exclusion and maintaining a racial hierarchy at the very least.
Agreed tho 1 of the "Black Muslim" groups DID open up their membership to ALL men 50 years back. Maybe it was Malcolm X group, I'm not sure. We're living in real strange times.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Agreed tho 1 of the "Black Muslim" groups DID open up their membership to ALL men 50 years back. Maybe it was Malcolm X group, I'm not sure. We're living in real strange times.
After Elijah Muhammad died, the NOI split into two factions. The faction led by Elijah's son Warith Dean Muhammad decided to admit people of any race or ethnicity. Farrakhan's faction remained black-only.

Although nowadays Farrakhan supports merging the NOI with the Church of Scientology.....speaking of strange bedfellows....

Old 11-15-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
After Elijah Muhammad died, the NOI split into two factions. The faction led by Elijah's son Warith Dean Muhammad decided to admit people of any race or ethnicity. Farrakhan's faction remained black-only.

Although nowadays Farrakhan supports merging the NOI with the Church of Scientology.....speaking of strange bedfellows....
The crazy part is in Africa Farrakhan would NOT be counted as "Black"; the man's part white looking at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies