Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mikey had an off-the-charts level of THC in his body and you're complaining he failed to act sensibly.
The Brown supporters are not counting drugs in his system. He was a "good boy" and about to start "college".

Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Thanks for telling me what I would and wouldn't mention.

I had no opinion on whether the GJ should or shouldn't indict. I had the sensible, legal, position. We don't indict people based on what self-proclaimed witnesses tell the media.

Remember, one 'witness' said Wilson never left his vehicle, another said he stayed in his car for 2-3 minutes, others said Brown was shot in the back.
The prosecutor (defender of the police) presented his facts.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:54 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
I just finished reading Wilson's testimony. 90 seconds from encounter to death.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mikey had an off-the-charts level of THC in his body and you're complaining he failed to act sensibly.
More important than the thc to me is that he'd just committed a robbery. He didn't know why Wilson backed up. Was it merely to tell him to get out of the street again, or to get him for the robbery.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:56 AM

495 posts, read 611,290 times
But how can we expect minorities to take police seriously when they never ever are assumed to be guilty ever in any situation?

Not in Mississippi burning the murder of the civil rights workers in freedom summer
. Sheriff Rainey was among those acquitted. Two of the defendants, E.G. Barnett, a candidate for sheriff, and Edgar Ray Killen, a local minister, had been strongly implicated in the murders by witnesses, but the jury came to a deadlock on their charges and the Federal prosecutor decided not to retry them.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missi...orkers_murders

Not in Emmet Till case
In November 1955, a grand jury declined to indict Bryant and Milam for kidnapping, despite the testimony given that they had admitted taking Till. Mose Wright and a young man named Willie Reed, who testified to seeing Milam enter the shed from which screams and blows were heard, both testified in front of the grand jury.[7
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

Not in Rodney King
On April 29, 1992, the jury acquitted three of the officers, but could not agree on one of the charges against Powell.[6]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

Not in the Zimmerman case
Zimmerman's trial began on June 10, 2013, in Sanford. On July 13, 2013, a jury acquitted Zimmerman of the charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter.[23]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman

Not in the Fergusson case

It is an endless pattern
It is a sad world

Last edited by Ericthebean; 11-25-2014 at 10:18 AM..

Old 11-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Thanks for telling me what I would and wouldn't mention.

I had no opinion on whether the GJ should or shouldn't indict. I had the sensible, legal, position. We don't indict people based on what self-proclaimed witnesses tell the media.

Remember, one 'witness' said Wilson never left his vehicle, another said he stayed in his car for 2-3 minutes, others said Brown was shot in the back.
I dont have to guess what you would have said, i can just search your profile and find your post from 09-10-2014, 11:39 AM and post it here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post36439485

you didnt care what the witnesses had to say when they disagreed with your view point.

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
"He reached for his waistband; I thought he was going to rape me."

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-25-2014 at 10:10 AM..

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
"F8ck what do you have to say". Brown to Wilson on 1st encounter.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:58 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Call me crazy, but when I toke up, I'm not inclined to act like a belligerent fool, steal cigars, rough up the store owner, and then try to charge a cop! No, I'm too busy being chill. But that's just me. My point being, do we know that he was high on weed at the time? Remember THC unlike other substances does stay in your system long after the intoxicating effects wear off.
Not everyone reacts the same. Just like alcohol.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I would be interested in donating to any of the business owners who lost everything last night. If there is a fund and/or persons taking a collection for that purpose, could y'all please post? I imagine, knowing how insurance works, that insurance alone won't cover their losses. Thanks!
This lady didn't lose everything, but she's a single mom who owns a bakery and was looted and vandalized:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natal...e/274915157402

She sold cakes at flea markets and scrimped and saved to open this business. She opened it just a couple of months before the shooting. I've seen her interviewed before, explaining that she is a single mom and if she doesn't open her store in the morning, she can't feed her kids at night. You can watch this interview with her today and see her utter sadness. The headline says she's staying in Ferguson, but in the interview she says it's because she has put all of her savings into her business and she can't afford to move somewhere else.

She is a black woman who chose to build a business in the community and her business was destroyed because people are rioting over a thug getting shot. Obama, Holder, Sharpton, CNN, et al helped stoke these flames and they are partially responsible for this. And people here who are acting like idiots over the gj decision, you are NOT helping. My heart breaks watching her interview.

Natalie’s Cakes & More plans to remain in Ferguson | FOX2now.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies