Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 09:22 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,209,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If everyone who tussled with a cop, or resisted arrested, was shot to death, there would be several deaths a day in the U.S. from this.
Maybe if some of these thugs would stop committing so many crimes they wouldn't have a reason to resist arrest.......

Old 11-25-2014, 09:24 PM

105 posts, read 115,560 times
Thugs will be thugs.
Don't mixed peaceful protestor with them.

Those that are looting are not protestors, they are just thugs who pretend to be protestor.
They will use anything as an excuse to start disturbing the peace!!!
Especially now with all stores stocking up for black Friday!!

There's gotta be a reason why the officer is not indicted.
Regardless, a life lose is a sad situation.
But until I see more evidence from both side, I refuse to pass judgment.

I support peaceful protest, but I also support police doing their job and take necessary action when the citizens and/or their life is in danger.

Let's hope everyone have a safe and peaceful thanksgiving!!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:27 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,771,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So you're glad someone is dead?

Might want to rethink that.
I'm not glad anyone is dead, but if I had to pick between the 18 year old that likes to bully hardworking retail folk, do nothing in life than sit around, smoke weed and assault police officers, or a police officer that spends his days putting his life on the line to protect ALL people in his city, guess which one I pick-every time?

Since it seems to not be common knowledge, I would strongly suggest that troubled youth not harass police officers, they carry firearms and are typically proficient in their use.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,191,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Another police car torched
Wow! How is that even possible? Does the Ferguson Police Department just randomly leave their cruisers unattended?!?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:28 PM

2,943 posts, read 3,506,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If everyone who tussled with a cop, or resisted arrested, was shot to death, there would be several deaths a day in the U.S. from this.
Do you have personal experience with this?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:30 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,652,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post

He stole a box of cigars. Roughed up the grocery clerk.

Assaulted an officer & tried to get the cops gun.
The first part is likely true but the second sentence is not proven.

I honestly don't see how anyone, of any race, could have an opinion on this case. There are just not enough facts known. I have no problem with the GJ not indicting, as there are still too many questions, but I don't believe Wilson's testimony is exactly how it happened. I have read the testimony word-for-word and it reads like someone who has had time to compose himself and was coached by police on what to say.

I don't believe that Brown, in the heat of a fight with a police officer, said "here, hold these (cigarillos)." That sure seems like a bunch of BS used to tie Brown to the earlier robbery. I've been in fights. I dropped what I was holding to fight. I didn't hand off what was in my hands to someone else. Anyway, it is very suspicious that he (Wilson) remembers exactly what Brown said at that time and exactly what he handed off (which just so happened to be the items that were allegedly stolen). It sure seems like he was coached, likely by the same Chief who made a point to connect the robbery to the shooting at his press conference.

It's odd, Wilson says he first confronted Brown for walking in the middle of the street, not for being a suspect in a robbery. That doesn't come until later in his (Wilson's) story.

There are just too many questions, too many unreliable witnesses and too many dead suspects. It never should have gone to a grand jury. McCullough knew there was not evidence to indict, yet he sent it to a grand jury anyway so he would not look like the bad guy.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
What does that even mean?
people are walking around shouting "hands up, don't shoot." Even though nobody is pointing a gun at them.

But in ferguson they should be shouting pants up, don't loot, as it is far more applicable.

Many people have their pants around their knees, and they are looting the community.

Does this help?

Are you mentally deficient? If so I can explain it with simpler words.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 PM

13,288 posts, read 7,838,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
I don't get it at all.

He stole a box of cigars. Roughed up the grocery clerk.

Assaulted an officer & tried to get the cops gun. If he had gotten the gun and blew the officers brains out and went on a killing spree, would you still want to be Mike Brown?
I'd sure like to see a reenactment of going for the cop's gun.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

I don't believe that Brown, in the heat of a fight with a police officer, said "here, hold these (cigarillos)." That sure seems like a bunch of BS used to tie Brown to the earlier robbery. I've been in fights. I dropped what I was holding to fight. I didn't hand off what was in my hands to someone else. Anyway, it is very suspicious that he (Wilson) remembers exactly what Brown said at that time and exactly what he handed off (which just so happened to be the items that were allegedly stolen).
Clearly you haven't looked thru all the evidence and testimony.

MB's buddy also testified the exact same thing, that Brown told him "Here, hold these."

So you are saying they are both lying and coached?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I'd sure like to see a reenactment of going for the cop's gun.

Uh, the bullet wound to the hand at very close range (<4 inches) doesn't indicate that that MB was either reaching for or grabbing onto the gun? If there wasn't a struggle for control of the gun, the first shot would have hit MB center mass, since the big guy was filling the entire door area of the SUV, and it's nearly impossible to miss even an un-aimed shot at <1 foot.

I mean how many cops do you know that would choose to shoot thru their door when they have 100% control of the gun and aren't being intimidated or beat on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies