Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel99 View Post
Many blacks have a chip on their shoulder. They go into a situation with the idea that the cops are racist, because that is what they are told by the jacksons, sharptons and other race baiting nuts who make their living pushing that carp. Until blacks fix their own culture that is rotten to the core they will never pull themselves out of the dump. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth and had many disadvantages such as being raised a Jehovah's Witness. A cult that discourages higher education and many jobs that are in areas they do not allow such as the military, blood industry, gaming ect. I worked to make my life a moderate success coming from a family of very poor disabled father was blind and mother was diabetic and could not work. I did not blame someone else for my problems [except for the JWs, but I had the choice to stop going to the cult and move on and I did] I have no blame in any black persons problems, only they have blame. I am sick of hearing how we need to do this and that for blacks. They already are more advantaged than I am. They get affirmative action, welfare and preferential treatment in college I do not get. But does this make them happy? No, they squander it and then ask for more and when they do not get it they riot. Maybe people will give you more respect if you quit defending thugs like brown and hoodlums like Travon, quit naming your kids stupid idiotic names people laugh at behind your backs like Shiniqua or Muhammad anything, pull up your pants, its not cool its not hip, its just dumbass stupid. Pants around your bunghole holding your crotch like a 5yo that has to pee is just stupid. Stop defending speech and trying to make it a real language called ebonics when its just lazy talk. Its not cool, its not hip its just stupid.
Ain't that the truth. And then you have those that say it's a small minority doing it.
It has to be more than a small minority when the President of the United States goes on TV to talk about "this problem".

Old 11-26-2014, 07:07 AM

17,419 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
When are they going to arrest the step father for inciting a riot?

Didn't he say....Lets burn this biatch down ?
Probably the same time they will arrest the mother for assault.

Which would be ... never.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's what Michael Brown's friend has said from the very beginning. It also fits reality. As I noted already, I am a white middle-class woman, and I've never been addressed nicely by a cop. Nor have I ever seen them address a group of teens politely. I used to work in a hospital located in the midst of inner-city projects, and I've never seen cops be nice to young black men. What country/ universe are you living in?
Dorian is a 22 year old loser with tats running up his neck and a history of lying to cops. He's not to be believed.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Game nets set up to drop on the riot, or use the firearm operated game nets catapulted out.

You could catch hundreds at a time.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's really the point here: those who grow up in this environment (as Brown did) know how the law works out on the streets.

I knew guys back in my old neighborhood who didn't go the straight route. I can't imagine any of them walking down the middle of the street like they were in the Rose Bowl Parade after committing strong-armed robbery. The overwhelming majority were proficient at their craft (being thugs). They used their street smarts as well as interaction with the CJ system (which usually began at any early age) to carve out a lifestyle for themselves. Death or long prison sentences are almost exclusively the end result when one of three things happens:

1. You get snitched on (someone turns state's evidence)
2. A criminal peer outsmarts you leaving you vulnerable to police investigation
3. You commit a crime of passion or while high on drugs which diminishes your ability to control the circumstances again leaving you vulnerable to police investigation

Brown fancied himself a bada**. Either that or he was a monumental idiot that didn't understand basic street smarts (which I find hard to believe considering his upbringing).

Again, I can't think of a single street criminal I've ever known (which is many thru my personal and private life) that would do what Brown did.
Thank you! I'm about 20 years older than Brown. In my day folks didn't show such blatant disrespect towards officers. If you were busted, you took your lumps. If you didn't do anything to make a cops life difficult they let you go. This is why I find this supposed meme about cops picking on black guys that smoke weed bizarre. If you're dumb enough to smoke it in the open, taunting an officer you bet he's going to talk to you. However if you were busted while in a cut he'd tell us to move it along. I can't tell you how many crap games I've been in during my youth where a cop along and says nothing.

I have literally no sympathy for Brown he violated the code and he had it coming. A black cop might have shot him as he was actually fleeing. He's lucky he even had the chance to charge Wilson.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:18 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Let's be honest here. We don't know who attacked who first. Because Wilson wasn't cross examined.

You need an actual trial to better determine that type of stuff.

Regardless, Wilson will never show his face in public again and will live a life of solitude.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
When are they going to arrest the step father for inciting a riot?

Didn't he say....Lets burn this biatch down ?

I fully support freedom of speech and all, but this is one of those instances that is in line with yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre. The stepfather needs to be immediately placed under arrest for inciting a riot!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Have you ever seen how most cops interact with young black males? Or just look at the evidence--- there are a dozen unarmed black males that have been shot down by police in the last dozen years, black males that were usually doing nothing wrong. You can't walk in someone else's shoes.

The article at the following link contains a video highlighting just a few of the unarmed black males that have been shot to death by cops over the last few years:

Why Darren Wilson wasn't charged for killing Michael Brown - Vox
I can agree that many cops can do a better job of interacting with black people and specifically with black males, BUT when will black people do a better job of interacting with police and being civil towards them and respecting their authority and understand that they're mostly just trying to do their job? And instead of throwing up a wall of silence and a crapload of roadblocks when they're trying to solve a crime that maybe its not a bad thing to help them?

And you talk about perhaps dozens of unarmed black males who have been shot down by police in the last dozen years and again I agree that needs to be looked at to see how deaths can be avoided in those situations. But how come no one mentions the THOUSANDS of non-blacks who were murdered by blacks in that same time period? How come no one ever raises a big stink over that? Why is black on non-black crime ALWAYS swept under the rug?

Every single year hundreds of non-blacks are brutally murdered by blacks, not one single peep from any blacks anywhere. Not one apology and not one statement from any blacks that they need to stop their children from murdering and committing crime against innocent non-blacks. A white cop shoots down one black teen and all of a sudden they come out of the woodwork from around the country to protest and riot and demand justice and the end to racism against them. Does anyone not see the HUGE amount of hypocrisy here from black people?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Let's be honest here. We don't know who attacked who first. Because Wilson wasn't cross examined.

You need an actual trial to better determine that type of stuff.

Regardless, Wilson will never show his face in public again and will live a life of solitude.
I don't think you understand how Grand Juries work. The only one who doesn't get more benefit out it is the person who is being accused. Yes, Wilson was asked questions by both the prosecutor and the members of the Grand Jury. By agreeing to testify before the Grand Jury, he was giving up his right to a defense as well as the opportunity to cross examine the other witnesses. A trial would only be MORE beneficial for Wilson, not less.

What happened is that the actual forensic evidence backed up both Wilson's and other witnesses accounts that agreed with Wilson. The actual forensic evidence also proved how several of the witnesses were lying. I don't know if you have not actually looked at the evidence from the Grand Jury or you're just being willfully ignorant to the facts of the case. Either way, Brown was not the innocent martyr that many, including you, wanted to make him out to be and the evidence proved that. It's time to accept that and move on.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I fully support freedom of speech and all, but this is one of those instances that is in line with yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre. The stepfather needs to be immediately placed under arrest for inciting a riot!
Same could be said about some of the Police officers.

Why not blame their behavior on these riots? Many of us have been warning people for years. There wouldn't be as much outrage if we didn't have such a corrupt system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies