Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I am saying that she extrapolates them to the current situation and calls them the same. They are not YET she teaches her son that they are. It's this lack of critical thinking that we see played out here.
This Movement is more than just 1 issue.

And its not just black people.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think we have a record of what Wilson first said. Or if someone can find it, please let us know.

His first official interview with detectives after the shooting was not included in the documents released, because the interview of August 10th refers to a previous interview he gave. I couldn't find any record of the initial statements he made, nor any indication that it was recorded. Or maybe I've missed it.

By the time he spoke to detectives on August 10th, he was already accompanied by a lawyer, and much of the controversy and details had already been exposed by the media, so he knew what to say.

The only record I could find of Wilson's demeanor after the shooting is in the medical record which reports that he was calm and not upset.

http://ksdk-download.edgesuite.net/d...n%20Wilson.pdf

The police chief indicated he was not aware of the robbery, Wilson's testimony indicates is in conflict with the chief and also the first officer on the scene as indicated in her testimony.

Ferguson chief: Officer didn't know about robbery

Old 11-27-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
You keep banging that drum and ignore the point of others about this current situation. Hate to tell ya but no one is listening any more. Life is tough for EVERY BODY.
Nobody's listening?

What about the millions involved with what's going on right now?

I've heard from 5 different countries personally. It just seems like one certain demographic doesn't want to listen.

Isolate yourselves all you want.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:27 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This Movement is more than just 1 issue.

And its not just black people.
Yah, it kinda is. There is injustice worldwide. This country is no exception. But it's much better. Try Pakistan or Mexico if you think I'm the fool.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Nobody's listening?

What about the millions involved with what's going on right now?

I've heard from 5 different countries personally. It just seems like one certain demographic doesn't want to listen.

Isolate yourselves all you want.
Can you not see her OP ED faulty logic and how it perpetuates the problems? For me just respond to that.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Yah, it kinda is. There is injustice worldwide. This country is no exception. But it's much better. Try Pakistan or Mexico if you think I'm the fool.
We're working with Mexico.

They had to do the same thing recently in their country when a mayor handed over 43 students to the cartels where they were massacred.

Saying something is not as bad as ________ is a cop out.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The police chief indicated he was not aware of the robbery, Wilson's testimony indicates is in conflict with the chief and also the first officer on the scene as indicated in her testimony.

Ferguson chief: Officer didn't know about robbery
Precision isn't always a hallmark of articles:

"Wilson, a six-year police veteran, stopped Brown and Johnson because the two were walking in the middle of the street and blocking traffic, Chief Jackson said. Wilson was unaware the pair were wanted in connection with the robbery; another officer was investigating the robbery at the time."

To me that means Wilson didn't know of the robbery when he 1st told Brown to get out of the street.

I haven't yet read the 1st officer on the scene's testimony, but imo the article you linked to is consistent with Wilson's testimony.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
We're working with Mexico.

They had to do the same thing recently in their country when a mayor handed over 43 students to the cartels where they were massacred.

Saying something is not as bad as ________ is a cop out.
No it attempts to keep the focus of the discussion on the current issue.

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
I'm doing everything I can to try to set this country on the right track imo. I was warning everyone about a situation like this arising over a year ago and would you imagine the names I was called??

Even with me speaking in a nice tone, being reasonable. People wouldn't listen until chaos broke loose.

Maybe people should listen more to the community they always try to demonize.
Uhhh? Who didn't see the rioting and looting coming. I guess you weren't around during the Rodney King trial. Stop acting like you warned everyone about this when everyone knew exactly what was going to happen REGARDLESS of the decision handed down in the MB case.

Hey, it's going to he hot in Arizona this summer! I'm telling you now. Just be prepared!

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
A real thug would've had a gun.

And wouldn't have been walking in the middle of the street after a "robbery"
If a police officer, or anyone else, tells you they are going to shoot you, and goes for a gun, best thing at that point, is to distract, block, and run.

Communication and negotiation skills usually fail once resort to a gun is in play.

In our current state of police (police state), a holstered gun is deterrency; a drawn gun a killing tool.

The argument began with the question: "Who is king of the (this) road?"

Brown - puffed wheat; Wilson - puffed rice.

They were both shot from cannons - sons a guns.

Rhetoric: GMO Corn puffs.

For Officer Wilson, it was a personal honor killing.

He had to carry it through to the end, to preserve the claim of honor.

Wilson had that same bewildered look on his face G.W. Bush had when informed of the plane running into the tower - that look that wonders, "Hope this is the right thing."

Good police skills would have arrested Brown for obstructing an officer in the line of duty.

Wilson took a big chance obstructing a law breaker, not knowing whether or not the law breaker was armed. His method of obstructing Brown was a theatrical show of force, on the presumption that the two kids were just being kids. (Immaturity is a component of kidism.)

I, myself, was brutally beaten by a 50 year-old kid.

I don't see where Wilson did anything wrong per se, (unsafe police practice - I give Wilson credit for being humorously nice for his methods) up to the act of the killing.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-27-2014 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies