Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 07:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,824,842 times

Advertisements

There are legitimate problems with policing in this country. The sad point is that the Brown case is not an example of this. Those fighting for civil rights have for the second time in a short period of time (Zimmerman/ Martin) picked the wrong horse to ride. All this does is discredit the movement.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:48 AM

366 posts, read 450,849 times
I thought 2014 was supposed to be a caring "kumbaya" hand holding adventure where peace was the law of the land and the 1950s were supposed to be the racist cold hearted "evil times". Shoot and that was the only thing we had over the 1950s too..

Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,087,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Uhhh? Who didn't see the rioting and looting coming. I guess you weren't around during the Rodney King trial. Stop acting like you warned everyone about this when everyone knew exactly what was going to happen REGARDLESS of the decision handed down in the MB case.

Hey, it's going to he hot in Arizona this summer! I'm telling you now. Just be prepared!
No.

I warned you about the issues being raised now in this protest. Police corruption, excessive force, brutality. Police killing unarmed men. Racial profiling, stop and frisk, etc.

Then I told you that it would be the black youth who finally stood up to the injustice. And they wouldn't back down.

Well, a little over a year later. Everybody's talking about those exact issues and everything I said has come to pass.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:56 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,910,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
No.

I warned you about the issues being raised now in this protest. Police corruption, excessive force, brutality. Police killing unarmed men. Racial profiling, stop and frisk, etc.

Then I told you that it would be the black youth who finally stood up to the injustice. And they wouldn't back down.

Well, a little over a year later. Everybody's talking about those exact issues and everything I said has come to pass.
Sorry Sport, this is the same stuff being discussed during the Rodney King trial. You're not the Nostradamus you think you are.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:56 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,390,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That chart is not entirely accurate in my opinion, even though I know I posted a link to it myself earlier.

For one thing, the first column is "did Michael Brown charge at the vehicle or the officer?" Those are two different points in time, the key one being when Michael Brown had already been shot: did he turn and charge the officer.

It has Witness #34 marked as indicating he saw Michael Brown charge Officer Wilson.

But Witness #34 says no such thing.

The detective puts words in his mouth saying , "and then you saw Michael quickly approaching the officer" and the witness never said that.

And later, on Page 16, the witness says that he was busy turning his car around at the crucial moment.

To quote:

"Detective: so at the point that he starts walking back or moving towards the officer is the point where you are now focused on your vehicle turning your vehicle around is that a fair assessment?"

And the witness says, "yeah."

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/newsgra...witness-34.pdf
So you don't believe PBS?

Old 11-27-2014, 07:57 AM

I thought 2014 was supposed to be a caring "kumbaya" hand holding experience where peace was the law of the land and the 1950s were supposed to be the racist cold hearted "evil times". Shoot and that was the only thing we had over the 1950s too..

Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,087,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Sorry Sport, this is the same stuff being discussed during the Rodney King trial. You're not the Nostradamus you think you are.
Whatever you say.

Your irrelevant to the Movement anyway.

I never trust snakes.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:00 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,825,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So you don't believe PBS?
Public Bull Ship?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:03 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,910,356 times
Quote:

I never trust snakes.
So says the guy from CHICAGO. Home of 244 dead black youth since Mike Brown was killed. Yep, those out-of-control cops are the problem. Let's protest and loot since we can't point the finger at the real problem.

Power to the people!

Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
No.

All the black youth want is an excuse to steal things and act violently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies