Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 01:36 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So the gun was not handled by anyone in the ensuing three months? I would think if it hadn't been checked immediately, the evidence of prints (or not) would be inadmissible.
I'm pretty sure it would be turned in initially no? As evidence?

There was a lot of information missing, like a description of what actually happened in the Police report, that leaves a lot to be questioned.

Ellemint or Orlandochuck? might be able to answer that. They've read the documents in their entirety I believe.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Maybe you SHOULD become an investigator, since you're so smart and know what happened better than the grand jury that heard the case. I'm sure there are some affirmative action programs that can help you get the job, even if you're not up to par with the other folks.
Because I love what I do.

And why would I need affirmative action when I hire people? I help others get money

Oh the internet...

Old 11-28-2014, 01:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Well if they're right next to each other at the cruiser door of course its going to be a close range shot.

What exactly was Brown doing when he was shot? Was he moving his hand in front of the gun as if to block the bullet? And why?

Was he actually trying to grab the gun? Was he trying to pull away from Wilson to resist arrest or assault?

Unless you can give me a definite answer, stop using that argument.

And to your last sentence. The fact that they did NOT check for prints, when that's in the officer's narrative, tells me that they wouldn't have found any anyways. With 3 months of time and someone's life in the balance that's something that you do.

They conveniently said there was DNA on the gun. But left out the fact that there were no prints.

Speculation? No. Intent. Are they professionals or no? That's one of the first things I would've done as an investigator.
The fact that you are still asking questions about what "could" have happened, and the GJ made their decision based on the physical evidence and eyewitness statements consistent with this evidence means you have proof of nothing tangible and are jumping to conclusion based on your need to propel "the movement". I understand your compassion for the injustice of police brutality. We know this brutality exists. This is just a lousy example of it. Just because it has drawn national attention, doesn't change the science of this case. If your movement wants to be taken seriously by the masses, your going to have to find a clearer case.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The fact that you are still asking questions about what "could" have happened, and the GJ made their decision based on the physical evidence and eyewitness statements consistent with this evidence means you have proof of nothing tangible and are jumping to conclusion based on your need to propel "the movement". I understand your compassion for the injustice of police brutality. We know this brutality exists. This is just a lousy example of it. Just because it has drawn national attention, doesn't change the science of this case. If your movement wants to be taken seriously by the masses, your going to have to find a clearer case.
It's not a lousy example. Police should not be shooting unarmed people.

I'm sticking to the facts of the case.

Can you tell me what Mike Brown was doing when he was shot first in the hand?

Old 11-28-2014, 01:45 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Hard to shoot straight when you're charging a moving target.

When Brown stopped, the police officer stopped, stayed stopped, and could finally get a steady bead on him.

Brown threw his hands up to appear larger and scarier to Wilson.

Though Wilson's adrenalin was a pulsin', he was still able to bring the gigantic down.

Typical Wilson and Goliath story.
"Wow!" "What a rush!"

Old 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM

Here's a real hero that wore blue. Thanks to a share from another poster.

The Police Are Still Out of Control - Frank Serpico - POLITICO Magazine

Old 11-28-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:

You are not sticking to the facts... You are asking what could of and what might of, and how do we know this didn't happen. You are dismissing all of the knowns.
By the way..... Hands, fists and feet are one of the leading way people are murdered in America, second to guns. So sometimes shooting someone unarmed is justified.

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 11-28-2014 at 02:10 PM..

Old 11-28-2014, 02:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:

IF you stuck to the facts of the case you would know there was no evidence to convict the cop of anything. You're the one that is saying maybe, possibly. could have, etc. Those are not facts. Cases are not decided based on maybe's. They listened to countless witnesses and used the physical evidence that they had. They already proved that some of the witnesses lied and some of them changed their story when they got caught in a lie. The prosecutor was asked on Monday night if they were going to consider charging some of them with perjury. I can't believe how many have totally ignored all of the facts and evidence in this case. The protesters made fools of themselves and still are. If you asked them why they are doing what they are doing they probably couldn't tell you. They would probably just try and play the race card.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I was not there, and I won't speculate. Unlike some people. Only officer Wilson can answer that. Twelve people listened to his testimony and apparently they found him to be credible. If not, he would be waiting to go to trial.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:12 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't disagree the only thing you can derive from that is that there were many inconsistencies, that is why a cross examination is necessary, sorely lacking from this process. Still trying to make sense why Wilson was N/A on some of the responses.

There is no "cross-examination" in a GJ hearing. The prosecuting attorney is the only one that presents evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies