Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 10:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times

Advertisements

Can't we all just drink some wine and chill out. Its late. Good night.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:46 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
You think Wilson got pissed off that the Angry Giant didn't obey his orders to get out of the street and had a roids issue? Power trip Wilson?
And it escalated to the shooting.
Probably more pissed the gentle giant grabbed for his gun. That usually upsets a cop and only an idiot or someone with a death wish would do it.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:43 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,219 times
Real question is how long will this thread go on. The GJ did not find enough evidence to move forward. We can discuss this till we are all ready for our own visits to funeral homes but it is not going to change a thing. I feel bad for people that believe CNN, MSNBC etc that always seem to take the victim's side and paint him or her as a model citizen etc. As someone stated a while ago, MB played stupid games that day in August, he won stupid prizes.

Anyone think his stepfather is a douche bag for stating "burn this biatch down"? The kid was doomed from the start if he followed role models like that.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:20 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
I'm kind of interested how that march on the Capitol of Missouri went yesterday? It was suppose to start out raining and the temperature was supposed to drop 40 degrees. I did that out there many years ago with the military and froze my butt off - although the temperature drop I experienced was more extreme. However, getting wet and then experiencing freezing temperatures, can really chill you out.

So far I have not seen any positive actions by anybody over this shooting. The area is not better and racial tolerance is getting worse. Not only that; but there will be fewer jobs for those living in Ferguson. Some citizens will have to drive/walk farther as consumers. The police department will be less likely to respond to trouble. Even the State is running low on emergency funds. The only people that profited from Ferguson's troubles were the media and politicians - it is almost like the fanned the flames of discontent or they made their own news for their own benefit.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Probably more pissed the gentle giant grabbed for his gun. That usually upsets a cop and only an idiot or someone with a death wish would do it.
I keep thinking about that.

Did brown have a clean toxicology report.?

I am coming slowly to the conclusion that the shooting was justified, and the violent protests were not.

If all the shots were fired in the front when brown was in a forward motion, what was the officer supposed to do. Do we not want to be protected as a society with all officers second and third guessing themselves? Would that make us safer, or protect police lives in situations with variables? Why would a person not just run away after the first shots fired, and therefore be shot in the back if the cop was acting aggressively?

For the record I think that the action by the football players was disgraceful--again, a knee jerk reaction by people who don't read the reports or analyze the evidence, if you aren't going to be objective stay out of it. I guess we just don't respect the opinions of the people who actually got ALL the evidence and analyzed it.

Business owners lost their businesses in the aftermath, and innocent people were punished for nothing that they did--- just trying to serve their own communities. That behavior was disgusting for all the looters--shame on you exploiting the dead for personal short-term theft!

Inappropriate responses should never be acceptable by a civilized society.

The police should have blasted the heck out of them with water cannons when they started the looting.

I respect the father a lot for his thoughtful response to this issue, and have sympathy for the mother's pain in the death of her son. They seem to be behaving better than many, and they suffered the most.

Last edited by floridasandy; 12-01-2014 at 06:35 AM..

Old 12-01-2014, 06:40 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I'm curious as to what you mean, other than "form no opinion"?

It would be all but impossible to "form no opinion", if you're mentally engaged at all, so I suspect that's not what you mean.

Can you explain further?
Sure.

I am referring to the fact that people are so quick to believe they know what happened without having any evidence to support it. Not having an opinion doesn't mean that you don't care about the situation, or that it doesn't bother you, but I just wonder how all these people got to the point of being experts on what happened that day.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Yes I've read all of the autopsy reports and Wilson's statement. As well as a few of the other docs.

As for the bold. I don't even think you know how complex that question is. For example, some who said Brown was "charging, or moving forward" could have also contradicted other parts of Wilson's testimony.

Witnesses #44 and #35 for example.
Let's look at 'hands up' witness #35.

He saw Brown with hands up, 5-feet from the car, Wilson got out of his car, approached Brown, shot him once in the head, then shot him eight more times.

This guy's story is so cockeyed from start to finish, even with his lawyer at the interview, you've got to be nuts to believe him.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:00 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I was more annoyed by the childish die ins and disruptive protests aimed at shoppers as well as the creeps that actually stopped traffic along a Missouri hi way. I was reminded from years ago of an equally churlish and asocial bunch from Philly called MOVE. They were a constant annoyance to all they encountered, blaring noise from speakers in their house and carrying megaphones as they protested in the streets. Their message, if they had one, was lost in their obnoxious and offensive behavior. Not unlike that church group that disrupted funerals of veterans with anti gay statements.
What these idiots have to realize that nobody cares about what they think and what they demand because nobody values or respects them. Respect is earned. You act like spoiled children and have practically zero positive input into society and you'll be ignored. Or kicked around if you get out of line. Contribute to society and people will think better of you and maybe listen to what you have to say.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was more annoyed by the childish die ins and disruptive protests aimed at shoppers as well as the creeps that actually stopped traffic along a Missouri hi way. I was reminded from years ago of an equally churlish and asocial bunch from Philly called MOVE. They were a constant annoyance to all they encountered, blaring noise from speakers in their house and carrying megaphones as they protested in the streets. Their message, if they had one, was lost in their obnoxious and offensive behavior. Not unlike that church group that disrupted funerals of veterans with anti gay statements.
What these idiots have to realize that nobody cares about what they think and what they demand because nobody values or respects them. Respect is earned. You act like spoiled children and have practically zero positive input into society and you'll be ignored. Or kicked around if you get out of line. Contribute to society and people will think better of you and maybe listen to what you have to say.
Thoughtful post.

I was in Philly at the time of. MOVE. Those losers actually used their children as shields.

I remember coming home from work and hearing that the city of Philly was on fire, true, although slightly exaggerated. I thought we were under terrost attack initially.
Fear always drives media sales, and regular people don't idolize disruptive churlish behavior,
--- especially when innocents are targeted.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Now the "protestors" want people to walk out of school and work:
Ferguson: Darren Wilson resigns as photo gives hope - CNN.com
Anything for these people to dodge responsibility for as long as possible should go over well with this group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies