Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 01:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
The Gruesome warning is that people are idiots and believe anything they read on the internet

snopes.com: Was Deandre Joshua Murdered After Testifying in Ferguson?

1 - the witness list has been kept secret
2 - Joshua family notes he was not a witness; was not called to testify in the grand jury
Did you read that on the internet?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
As a white person I feel outrage at the shootings of Mike Brown, and Tamir Rice, and the killing of Eric Garner. Yes, I am concerned about police brutality and excessive use of force, especially deadly force, by police. I believe any moral person would find these killings unjustified and reprehensible---and just plain sickening.
Great comment, Aunt Tam.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:04 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
The Gruesome warning is that people are idiots and believe anything they read on the internet
Case in point: Hands up, Don't shoot.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Why is DNA better than prints.

DNA can get on an object from sweat, sneezing, dozens of ways that don't involve touching an object.

They should have tested for prints.
By DNA I was referring to browns blood in the car.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:

snopes.com: Was Deandre Joshua Murdered After Testifying in Ferguson?

1 - the witness list has been kept secret
2 - Joshua family notes he was not a witness; was not called to testify in the grand jury
But also... both the PA and the Joshua family have refused comment on whether his twin brother (he does have a twin brother) was a witness.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:30 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times
Quote:
As a white person I feel outrage at the shootings of Mike Brown, and Tamir Rice, and the killing of Eric Garner. Yes, I am concerned about police brutality and excessive use of force, especially deadly force, by police. I believe any moral person would find these killings unjustified and reprehensible---and just plain sickening.
I find it odd that the pigment of your skin has an impact on your feeling towards dead people.

Would you be just as outraged if the victim was asian, indian, pacific islander, white, green or blue or zebra striped?

Old 12-04-2014, 10:57 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I find it odd that the pigment of your skin has an impact on your feeling towards dead people.

Would you be just as outraged if the victim was asian, indian, pacific islander, white, green or blue or zebra striped?

I agree..thought that was odd.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
The protests are growing. Coast to Coast and the whole world is watching.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:41 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
No; well at least not in the case of Mike Brown. That is what the jury found. In the case of Tamir Rice and of Mike Brown it was the public that started the ball rolling and their own actions that lead to their deaths. One call went out that a store was robbed and in the other case it was reported that a shooter was at a mall - what do you expect our police to do? What if the shooter wasn't a 12 year old and did have a real gun? How about if it was your family at the mall or your relatives that just got robbed?

What do you want the police to do; nothing? That could be the outcome of all of these protest. Why should any policeman put their life or job on the line and be looked on as the criminal? I can easily picture both fire and police sitting back and not responding as the whole neighborhood goes up in flames. Don't forget that the vast majority of Blacks shot are shot by other Blacks like (possibly) Deandre Joshua - you don't see his face all over CNN.

I think the most despicable thing is our President inviting Al Sharpton with his $4.5 million tax bill; while turning his back to our police. You don't see our politicians risking their necks to break up a domestic dispute or arrest armed criminals.

The Eric Garner case sounds like it could have been police brutality - but it was nothing compared to the violence at the riots and aftermath of Ferguson. I also did not hear what the grand jury heard. If people are going to riot, loot and burn; they make a good case for police brutality.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Quote:
Simply put - lemming.

Stop buying into the fake rage from the doctored media narrative.

Don't resist
Don't attack cops
Don't rob

Simple advice....

Don't get shot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies