Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 05:15 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times

Advertisements

It's a miracle! You whine about Al Gore (who's not being held up as any sort of authority, by the way), and poof! TV weathermen magically turn into climatologists! Amazing!

Ha, just kidding. Right-wing whining about Al Gore or anything else never makes the facts right-wingers don't like go away.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Here is what is so: There is no global warming.

None.

Zero.

You are wrong.

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/ho...last-100-years

Quote:
Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmedroughly 1.53°F (0.85ºC) from 1880 to 2012,
That's all that needs to be said. Here's why: "all land and ocean surfaces" = "global" and "temperatures warmed" = "temperatures warmed". Feel free to peruse the above link to your heart's content.

I look forward to your whining about leftists because you're wrong some more.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:30 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, global warming "fear mongering" isnt based upon science. Its based upon computer projections using data that people pull out of their ass..
Projections into the future are all we have, do you know of a better method to predict the future. It is based on science by the way, you may not agree with the science but it is the available information.

I guess it's better to ignore all the models and look in the rear view mirror, that's always 100% accurate.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:31 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Bringing up Al Gore = I have nothing

Old 11-17-2014, 06:02 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Propaganda and disinformation has 5 characteristic elements:

1. Slander, libel and defame using the pejorative "Conspiracy Theorist."

2. Use of celebrities and other uneducated persons. (eg: Al Gore, Ellen DeGeneres, Leonardo DiCaprio, etc.)

3. Selectivity, cherry-picking data in order to support a theory

4. Withholding evidence and data for others to review.

5. The use of misrepresentation and logical fallacies. (eg: claiming the Earth is warming, when it fact it is colder than any of the last 8 Inter-Glacial Periods).

Uh-huh.....tell us again why the average global temperatures during this Inter-Glacial Period are colder than than the previous eight Inter-Glacial Periods.

Rationally...

Mircea
Wow good job making stuff up because it makes you feel good about yourself.
Now what do you think about the people in the OP?
I mean, the ones who actually know what they're talking about?

Old 11-17-2014, 06:14 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I probably shouldn't since believers in CAGW resort to emotions over facts, so the data will not change anyone's mind.

Because I'm a sucker for presenting facts even when it falls on deaf ears, I will post anyway:

http://data.remss.com/msu/monthly_ti...cean_v03_3.txt

Graphing the above scientific shows the following (you can copy and paste the data in Excel too to confirm):

P.S. The other global temperature data records show a much different trend. The UAH Satellite data shows 6 years without warming, and the GISS dataset shows for the decade long temperature hiatus is over as of October 2014.
http://news.sciencemag.org/climate/2...-ocean-warming

"Global Warming Has Stopped"? How to Fool People Using "Cherry-Picked" Climate Data - Forbes

Natural variability makes it easy to cherry pick.
Starting 18 years ago makes it easy to cherry pick.

These arguments are so tired and old and endlessly debunked, but you don't know that because you haven't actually looked into it.

And I have yet to hear anyone give a proper response to the OP.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:21 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Climate is changing, but it ain't gettin' warmer.
Good thing we have a lot of coal.
Quote:
With nasty cold fronts thrusting an icy and early winter across the continental U.S. — along with last winter described by USA Today as "one of the snowiest, coldest, most miserable on record" — climatologist John L. Casey thinks the weather pattern is here to stay for decades to come.

In fact, Casey, a former space shuttle engineer and NASA consultant, is out with the provocative book "Dark Winter: How the Sun Is Causing a 30-Year Cold Spell," which warns that a radical shift in global climate is underway, and that Al Gore and other environmentalists have it completely wrong.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Climatologist: 30-Year Cold Spell Strikes Earth

Old 11-17-2014, 06:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
"God's still up there" and it is "outrageous" and arrogant for people to believe human beings are "able to change what He is doing in the climate." - James Inhofe.

Good job not reading or understanding my post or the article at all.
Science fact: The earth heats and cools periodically.

The rest is just WAG's. (wild ass guess)

Old 11-17-2014, 07:24 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
But Algore is credible... because he isnt making any money peddling the global warming hysteria!?!?
Now that is a hoot!
Have you ever seen me quote Gore?....No, because he is no scientist.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Meet the outgoing Senators, who either lost their seat or their positions, (and who believe in basic science), and their replacements who do not understand it or are simply more interested in campaign donations from Exxon and Koch Industries (to name only two)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma_PJqYe24
Inhofe's my favourite. The man is indeed a piece of work. The way I see it, he either believes what he says about how global warming must be a hoax because Jesus, or he doesn't and has ulterior motives for lying. If it's the second, the man is misrepresenting himself to the people who elected him as well as the people who will have to suffer under the results of his mismanagement of his portfolio, and doesn't deserve the job. If it's the first, that means he's a superstitious twit and lacks the critical thinking skills necessary to do the job.

I wonder if the next two years will tell us which it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies