Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 09:20 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
For decades, we enjoyed nice weather. Now, all over the USA people are freezing their butts off. 1360 record low temps in a week and over 30,000 low temp records over the past year. Surely Al Gore and his rich buddies and Obama and his government can do something about this. We even have 70 year to 120 year old records being broken.

Please Mr Obama, bring back global warming!!! I might even buy a Prius if you will just get rid of this wicked cold weather.

Dry & Cold Into The Weekend, But Is It Record Breaking? - Weather Wisdom - Boston.com
You hate climate change? I thought you didn't believe in climate change... How would have thought...

Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Hunters and gatherers have for the most part been replaced by government farms. (See Monsanto)

Liberals want to farm humans.
You're free to have whatever paranoid opinions you want to have, but what you just said has absolutely no connection to my post.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
For decades, we enjoyed nice weather. Now, all over the USA people are freezing their butts off. 1360 record low temps in a week and over 30,000 low temp records over the past year. Surely Al Gore and his rich buddies and Obama and his government can do something about this. We even have 70 year to 120 year old records being broken.

Please Mr Obama, bring back global warming!!! I might even buy a Prius if you will just get rid of this wicked cold weather.

Dry & Cold Into The Weekend, But Is It Record Breaking? - Weather Wisdom - Boston.com
Blame it on me. I got solar panels and now the global warming has stopped. Should I take them off?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Climate change has consequences. Scientific illiteracy has consequences.
Scientific delsuions have consequences too.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Unfortunately, about 90% of the denialist posters here seem to show this pattern. It is not just that they don't know, and could be informed. It is that they have taken positions based on political ideology and filter their facts through that prism, regardless of how inappropriate that is to the problem. The old techniques of cherry picking data, ad hominem attacks, guilt by association, selective outrage, and hypocrisy are their weapons. Sometimes works in politics, but falls flat when confronted with physical reality.

Close mindedness is far worse than ignorance, in my observation, because it cannot be fixed, despite a massive and rapidly growing body of evidence that the scientists are right and the denialists are wrong.
everything you posted here could also be said about you alarmists as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Blame it on me. I got solar panels and now the global warming has stopped. Should I take them off?
dont worry about it, i drive an early 80s sedan, and i have two mid 60s vintage cars that when they get back on the road will offset your solar panel usage.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
I like climate change. Snow birds like it too. They head for warmer weather in Florida.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
everything you posted here could also be said about you alarmists as well.
Anything can be said about anything, but if you think science supports a lack of warming or that there is some other cause, then you're wrong.

Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature - IOPscience

Old 11-19-2014, 09:40 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
i'm so sorry you missed high school, college, or any attempt to read anything of science. I would say you should watch the COSMOS episode regarding climate/global warming/change. It should explain it at your level, if you truly are interested in knowing

somehow, i'm guessing that your ignorance is one of systematic belief not one of actual ignorance due to lack of education and stupidity.
So, I ask a question, and you insult me? Didn't your mommy ever tell you that calling other people stupid, was not a way to make friends or influence enemies? I may not be the smartest person here, but you are definitely Anal Sphincter material.

I'll be the first to admit Science is not my strongest subject. My son, who has a Science degree, is more versed in that arena. But, certainly, my grammar is better than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well, one example of climate change was when we started having bacteria producing oxygen for the first time. The Earth didn't have much, so it killed a great number of creatures who had gotten used to a more CO2 atmosphere. Oxygen was toxic. Of course, some life survived and thrived. This lead to us.

When the Earth was younger, the Sun was colder. Also, our orbit was more radical at the time, with the moon closer to the planet. Now we've stabilized more with time, and the Sun has gotten hotter as it will continue to do.

Large numbers of plants making O2 could start causing massive forest fires.

There are lots of things on a global scale that can cause issues.
^^^ This is how you answer a question. Ultimately I may, or may not agree, but there is room for more discussion. ^^^This is how adults converse.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:42 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:

What is the point of threads like this. We get it. You don't buy into climate change, or global warming, or probably science in general. There is a religion forum for people like you to talk about "real stuff" that's on a level someone like yourself would have an easier time understanding. Go there.........

Maybe if we just told you people that God created climate change with magic, it would make more sense to you

Old 11-19-2014, 09:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Anything can be said about anything, but if you think science supports a lack of warming or that there is some other cause, then you're wrong.

Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature - IOPscience
all the temperature graphs show a general COOLING trend over the last 65 million years, so tell me again how science doesnt support a lack of warming.

The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings « JoNova
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies